Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4 5 6
The Kindred Guild Thread - Mission Statement - Philosophy - Recruitment - News

38 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 8th 2015 at 11:56 AM
Geoff Letkemann
Hey all, Geoff here, obviously....so much for being "anonymous", logging in with Facebook and all...I'd get rid of the rule, it just creates issues, been knocked off number #1 many times, be lucky if you last 5 min, and that's OK, gives me something to do to try and get it back. Which is the thing, there isn't much else to do anymore! Please CNE, give us something...lol, HOT and Brotherhood are getting a little boring!

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 8th 2015 at 11:58 AM
Big
I think that the strongest player should be nr 1, not the one who got there first. As it stands now I don't really put much value in it other than the fun factor of seeing how strong other people are.
I would like arena free for all so no 1.

232 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 8th 2015 at 12:00 PM
Andaho
Geoff... in the forum "profile" in the top bar, you can change your name.

232 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 9th 2015 at 9:00 AM
Andaho
On top of the 'arena philosophy' discussion...
Direct link to the start of that here: http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=9893&page=2#51919

I'm not sure if passing the leadership around is working very well... I still like the concept... But when 'leader' things need to be done, like a guild mail sending out, or inactive officers being kicked to make space for new people... It has proven hard to get hold of the leader sometimes...

Even though I state I don't like to be called the 'leader'... I do still step up and take responsibility for any leadership role when it is required...

The old Kindred guild description used to say:
"I, Andaho, do not claim ‘ownership’ of The Kindred. If there is ever a time that I may be spending less time on the game, or if another officer is more active, or more suitable as leader, I will not hesitate in transferring leadership of the guild to them."

It currently says:
"I, Andaho, do not claim ‘ownership’ of The Kindred. We share the leadership between our most active players, as a way to actively show that we are not a guild that is 'owned' by any particular person."

What do people think about changing back to the old method?

Or do people like the leadership being transferred around the most active players? - The problem with being 'leader' is that you need to take responsibility for any guild issues when they arise... and I'm starting to realise that perhaps people don't want this responsibility?... and prefer if I take care of everything for now?

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 9th 2015 at 9:11 PM
Luriah
I think that the arena (being the only thing left really for those who have been at max lvl since day 3 of being out of alpha testing)besides HoT and brotherhood for those who really want to get to #1 would be ok to go at it. (also helps with not having to keep monitoring those offended by being "knocked off" or those doing the "knocking off".

I think in the sense of being respectful to others that if a fellow kindred knocks you out that you 2 don't battle back & forth numerous times (a day, within 5 minutes) however long it takes; but that you let that person have it for the day.

OR since you're bored already; you can do what I saw someone in world chat do: unequip some gear and make yourself fall down the ladder of egotism & then "fight" your way back up.

However, since I personally haven't gotten higher than rank 250 in the arena I know I cannot say too much as I don't have a desire to fight to #1.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 9th 2015 at 9:14 PM
Luriah
Sorry for the book reply & as far as the leadership responsibility, what if several of the most active & participating of kindred (should they agree) take on different roles? - i'm not sure what entirely is actually done, but could this work? That way 1 person isn't under pressure to keep everything going by his/herself? & perhaps have things rotated weekly or monthly or whatever?

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 9th 2015 at 11:01 PM
Skyline
I don't like the rule to not fight against the 1st in arena if is a guild member

91 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 10th 2015 at 2:22 AM
shikitenshi
as long as you're not overwhelmed with leadership and have time for that just stay there. I get high BP only hearing the word.in real life I always get in the leading position which I totally hate so no matter how active I am I don't want leadership of the guild. I have enough on my plate already. if someone else wants to be leader he can just say it here and we can vote and maybe try. as for what Luriah said it can be fun fighting every 5 minutes if both parts enjoy it :D. and what's so big about being guild leader? leading the guild chat? :P

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th 2015 at 12:40 AM
Last Edited January 11th 2015 at 12:40 AM
Jynx980
Looking for a new guild if you have inactives or open ranks. IGN same as forum.

52 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2015 at 7:13 PM
Annie
Bump!

232 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2015 at 2:13 AM
Andaho
Update: The Kindred philosophy has had some updating and re-wording. One of the largest changes was removal of our redundant 'guideline' of not attacking a fellow guild member at #1 in the arena (reasons for it's removal are found in near the bottom of pages 2 of this thread). I have also added a new heading describing our organisation of ranks (how we use the ranks).

Please take a read to stay updated...

And as always, if there's anything you think needs changing, lets discuss it here :)

91 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2015 at 12:23 PM
shikitenshi
so, may I ask what happened to El and what was in the deleted post? and I hope we won't get mass deleted >> . I think it's childish and unprofessional anyway.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2015 at 12:29 PM
Erika/Alyniana
El deleted the post on her own Shiki.

232 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2015 at 12:33 PM
Last Edited February 17th 2015 at 1:05 PM
Andaho
Hey shiki... nothing childish and unprofessional there at all... El deleted it herself... When we read it, we tried to tell her she was over-reacting a bit, and looking at the event in the worst possible way, rather than a bit of walking on the thin line of going outside G-rated...

in the interest of keeping everyone informed, El had a bit of a rant at not liking the event.

232 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2015 at 12:37 PM
Last Edited February 17th 2015 at 1:05 PM
Andaho
I just spoke to El via email, and asked her to reply here to briefly give her reasons in person :)

91 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2015 at 12:53 PM
shikitenshi
I just want to apologize for the "childish "thing , I shouldn't have spoken before knowing more. thank you

221 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2015 at 2:20 PM
Elharith
Hello Kindred and curious by-standers.

Yes, I had a bit of a rant--although, you know me. It was a polite rant. After ranting, I asked fellow Kindred who were online at the time to weigh in, and they universally felt I was over-reacting. So, I deleted my post, and sent my comments directly to CNE because I felt they were primarily the ones who needed to understand my position. Bottom line, I felt the collection of candy underwear combined with the first event mission reminded me too much of college party-rape stories I have spent hours studying in my academic coursework because my coursework includes studying student life at universities. I didn't care to read those stories in the first place--many are extremely ugly, and the reminder of it by what was supposed to be a light-hearted event, particularly when part of my studies is to consider ways to eliminate that kind of behavior--all of that combined to lead me to feel uncomfortable with continuing to play the event or the game.

Had CNE responded to me I would have suggested to them that perhaps the event could be improved in subsequent years by the collection of something less risque--like toy sports cars--and to make it somewhat more obvious that players in the game are supposed to be fighting against the negative kinds of things we see in society. At this point, however, I have not received a reply from them.

In the meanwhile, I am reconsidering my decision to completely quit the game, and am considering just choosing to not play until this particular event has completed. I have even given thought to just showing up to chat in the interim--I miss all of you something horribly.

232 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2015 at 3:36 PM
Last Edited February 17th 2015 at 4:33 PM
Andaho
I am aware of quite a few younger players in the game... But I personally don't view 'candy underwear' to be socially unacceptable as an event item in-game... it's borderline, and a bit cheeky ;) - but I find it funny :D

Besides, 'borderline g-rated' is EVERYWHERE these days!... but I think it's ok, as long as it's not crossing the line.

But while most might view something as fun, some things are going to offend anyone... Imagine a terribly horrible story about 'toy sports cars'... those close to that story might feel that having 'toy sports cars' in the game is offensive :S

Btw, 'toy sports cars' for a valentine's event? lol - but yeah, I get that it's just an example of any other random item :P

I can completely understand you feeling worked up about the issue... but try to think about it 'out of the box', and not associating it with the horrible college-stories you've heard.

I have to wonder if CNE just haven't quite known how to reply... or know that it would take a long time to sit down and think about what to write... (this message has taken a while for me to write) and they're busy... so haven't had any time yet...

I hope they are all super busy working hard on the Jungle Shard! :D

It goes without saying that you're missed in the game... But less dramas when you come back please :) - and yes.. WHEN.. not if :P

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2015 at 5:29 PM
Sparky13/13mef
EL; don't know if this will help,but at 66, I was around when edible candy underwear 1st came out. As a matter of fact I eventually bought a set (for male & female) as a Valentine present for my wife. She thought it was hilarious and we proceeded to put it to very enjoyable good use! believe me, it was not something that I can conceive as being conducive to a rape/date rape scenario.
I understand your repugnance at the rape/date rape unfortunately frequent on college campuses these days. I worked for 7 years (until i burned out) as a residential counselor with little boys at a mental health facility. More than a few were born as the result of rape or incestual rape. Not a pretty picture.
However, the item in question here is pretty innocent; When invented in 1975 "Candypants” was promoted as lingerie in clothing shops, major department stores, motorcycle shops, candy stores and chic emporiums. It was considered naughty innocence." (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edible_underwear). Unlike
"roofies"
Hope this helps get you back to us.

50 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2015 at 5:50 PM
Jomale
Miss you, El and respect your opinion. I too see it as harmless and I have witnessed loads of double entendre in the game but see if as humor. Hope to be chatting with you in the game soon. It's not the same without you!