Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Dev Diary - 11/26/2014 - Introducing the Hall of Trials!

54 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 8:21 AM
Marguerite Johnston
I came up to a wall on that part cant get further so stopped playing it

793 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 2:38 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
In the next update we're going to make a few small tweaks to enemy speed levels and are fixing a bug related to enemies (and sometimes companions) not attacking. This should (knock on wood) make the later levels of the Hall of Trials a bit more challenging. Our goal is to make it so defeating monsters and bosses 10+ levels above you requires at least Epic level gear (or very good luck), and potentially additional bonuses from other game systems (also coming in this next update).

We'll release full patch notes once the update is live.

221 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 4:48 PM
Elharith
more challenging??? Nooooooooooo. *just when I had level 35 in my sights*

91 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2014 at 5:24 PM
shikitenshi
I really really hate the new changes. and since brotherhood I get disconnected every 3 clicks ._. I wouldn't call what you did "balance"

38 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 4th 2014 at 6:05 PM
Last Edited December 4th 2014 at 6:06 PM
Geoff Letkemann
I can't get past Oliver the Blade. I have over 37k health, 230 speed, re-specced multiple times, everything is as high as I can get it at the moment, with a battle rating of around 47k. I just can't get around the fact that he can Assasinate for over 40k if it crits, and somewhere around 25k if it doesn't. So I'll be stuck at lvl 25 (in the hall) probably until the level cap is raised, if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 4th 2014 at 9:10 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Geoff, nice BR and health amount.

Oliver is tricky; he's mostly a luck fight. You have to hope he assassinates your companions, and speed around 300-330 makes it a little easier for you to kill him quicker.

221 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 4th 2014 at 10:49 PM
Elharith
@ Geoff, I also find that if you can get your damage up over 6000 in one blow, Oliver kills more quickly and has less time to pull an assassinate out of his pocket.

38 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 5th 2014 at 4:38 AM
Geoff Letkemann
Hi, thanks for the advice guys. My speed is around 248 now, but I don't have enough tokens to purchase the hall boots yet, that will be my first purchase. I feel as a Warrior, my ability to do damage compared to a Mage is much less. No matter what my respec's have accomplished, 4k is about the maximum for a Warrior, I lose against top 20 Mage's in the Arena all the time that can put out 6k or more a hit. Only way I can get better damage, my Strength skill is maxxed and my Strike is at 8, so almost there, and I have just 1 in Impale, actually I'm not sure how I can do better, other than put more in Impale, but it costs 30 rage to use. Even taking away from Health and putting 2 into maxxing Strike wouldn't raise much damage, and I'd lose the 2% heal which is all that's keeping me alive sometimes. I wish I could get a 6k hit!

91 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 5th 2014 at 3:12 PM
shikitenshi
I have 340 speed , health like yours and still can't kill oliver, even if he only hits me once with assassinate after landing 2 assassinate on my companions.the attack damage of warrior sucks but hey , giving us a decent attack doesn't fit in the dev's idea of " balance" . I think balance means something to make us die fast :P

38 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 5th 2014 at 9:23 PM
Geoff Letkemann
Shikitenshi, yeah, I'm not quite sure what balanced means in this game either, usually it would mean a Warrior has a particular skill that is better than a Mage or Ranger, while each of the other 2 classes have their own particular strengths and weaknesses too. So a Warrior for instance should have a higher health rating or armor (tanking) than a Mage who strength is damage. Theoretically. However a Mage can have (all of the above), high Health, Damage, AC, etc. I've tried about 10 different builds on my Warrior, and no combination is enough, including lucking out when Oliver assassinates your companion and not your character, nothing can beat him, I simply cannot do enough damage to him in time, perhaps there is something out there I'm missing, any Warrior out there that can regularly beat Oliver please tell me how...:-)

91 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2014 at 1:22 PM
shikitenshi
hi Geoff, I accidentally killed oliver today. I had 2 criticals and only took one assassinate hit.I think I'll try to use luck gear and/or critical to see what happens. not sure I'll ever make it again lol.

38 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2014 at 8:38 PM
Geoff Letkemann
Nice! Hmmm...I guess you could call it "luck" either way then? Hopefully we can both get past him on a regular basis, good job on getting him, I've given up for now...

221 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2014 at 11:15 PM
Last Edited December 6th 2014 at 11:16 PM
Elharith
Geoff, a lot of players use guild potions to get through Oliver and Eliza. Sometimes that little bit of extra health will keep you alive rather than leave you dead. Today I got past Oliver with 856 life left. I'm sure it was the endurance potions. I danced on Oliver's grave.

91 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 7th 2014 at 11:36 AM
Last Edited December 7th 2014 at 11:36 AM
shikitenshi
I tried today with luck and critical bonus stuff . purple failure lol.so I'll say it's impossible for warriors unless they have at least 50 k health and God knows how a high damage. I had 40 k health and it was zero worth ,the 2 assassinate were 54k . the luck helm didn't help at all , I had just one critical each time . maybe if we had no number limited tries and could try to beat him over and over we would have a chance even with the bad build of the warrior.but " luck, random and balance " in this game are incomprehensible for me :P, seem to never work in player 's advantage. oh and I used potions since day one El, zero effect lol