Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Welcome to Egg Breaker Adventures!

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 2nd 2013 at 12:25 AM
Tamra Lonewolf
Maybe let us exchange the gold for other items that we can use....hammers, multipliers, stars, etc. Same with the monkey breaks....it would be nice to be able to exchange them for other things. The people who use them will use them, but for those of us who don't, they're wasted.

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 2nd 2013 at 5:46 AM
Naomi Maisonneuve
Hi David, in EB2 I could get @ 20,000 hammers for @ $5 but with EBA @ $45 only gets you 500 monkey bucks, at 50 MB for 750 hammers, that's only 7500 hammers. 9 times the price for less than half the hammers. Would also be nice to be able to use up some of my built up gold to buy hammers, stars or multipliers, just sitting there doing nothing. Thanks!

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 2nd 2013 at 2:47 PM
Last Edited January 2nd 2013 at 2:49 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Naomi,

Let me start by saying that I see you have bought hammers in game and it is generous players like yourself that support us and the game, so we greatly appreciate your feedback!

In Egg Breaker 2 that is 400% of your daily hammers for $5. So at the very end of the game you are getting around 20,000, but the eggs cost on average 10 hammers each, and you need to break in the order of 200,000 eggs to complete the area. That is 2,000,000 hammers! 2 million!

In EBA the eggs cost on average 2.25 hammers each and currently to complete a Monkey it takes around 80,000 hammers (this is actually a lot higher than we intended and will be adjusting for balance).

So to complete an the last area in EB2 entirely with bought hammers it would cost 2,000,000 / 20,000 * $5 or $500. To complete an area in EBA with entirely bought hammers it would cost 80,000 / 750 * $5 or $533. So they are actually very similar.

Now that isn't a complete picture because to the number of daily hammers, tokens, stars, multipliers and other items is also different between the games. So it is complicated and not as simple as just the number of hammers.

I am still interested to know what you feel would be a good value for hammers in EBA? One thing we intend to do is reduce the number of hammers required to finish an Area in EBA. This should increase the value you get when you buy hammers, but again as a contributing player I would like to hear your feedback.

-David

243 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 2nd 2013 at 6:50 PM
Luna Zoraida
So...only feedback from "contributing" players matter...?

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 2nd 2013 at 7:12 PM
Hi Luna, are you familiar with the fallacy of the false dichotomy?

The topic being discussed is the value of hammers purchased with real money. A player who makes purchases is going to have a well formed opinion on the subject. I value their opinion on the subject. That doesn't not exclude or effect in anyway how I value other posters opinions.

-David

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 3rd 2013 at 2:26 AM
Tamra Lonewolf
Hi David. Here's my view on the value. I've spent a huge amount on hammers and what I'm looking for in value is the play time. In the beginning when the eggs cost 1 hammer, I was able to play for awhile. Now in the higher stages, when I get 750 hammers, I can play for maybe 10 minutes. That is not value to me. I would like to see more play time. In EB2, the number of hammers increased with the purchases, which to me was incentive for purchasing. We need incentive. :)
Post by Tamra Lonewolf deleted January 6th 2013 at 4:23 PM

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 3rd 2013 at 6:17 AM
Naomi Maisonneuve
Hi David, Tamra pretty much summed up my thoughts. Purchasing hammers for me is to increase my play time, but I haven't found that to work in the higher levels. I don't mind spending a little money to increase my play time, but at the cost of hammers right now, I don't feel the value is there. If it were only about completing an area I wouldn't still play the previous EB versions as I have completed all the levels.
As to a $ value for the hammers, I really don't have a # in my head, just that I find it a high price for play time compared to EB2.
Post by Tamra Lonewolf deleted January 5th 2013 at 6:39 PM

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 3rd 2013 at 5:41 PM
Last Edited January 3rd 2013 at 5:42 PM
Thank you both for the feedback, we will take a look at what changes we can make to increase play time, and play time value for purchased hammers!

Just as a note in regards to EB2 - it got way out of hand for how many hammers players got near the end. We will be making some changes to EB2s balance for new players - but existing players will not be effected. We will also be making some small pricing changes that will effect all players.

-David

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2013 at 5:52 AM
Naomi Maisonneuve
Thanks David, I'm still on the fence about purchasing any more hammers, but do appreciate your looking into this.

8 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2013 at 12:25 PM
'Denise Branton-King
David are we going to be able to use Facebook credits in this game like we did in EB2?

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2013 at 12:32 PM
Hi Denise,

In Egg Breaker Adventures Monkey Bucks are used in the game instead of Facebook Credits directly. You buy Monkey Bucks with Facebook credits. If you want to buy Monkey Bucks you can do so from the main screen with the monkeys by pushing the plus next to your count at the bottom. Or just try to buy something that you don't have enough Monkey Bucks for and it will prompt you to buy some with Facebook Credits.

-David

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 7th 2013 at 3:04 PM
Tamra Lonewolf
You guys are awesome! Thank you.

8 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 9th 2013 at 3:24 PM
'Denise Branton-King
Hi David,

I have tried both ways and both ways are asking me to use a credit card to pay for more hammers. I must be missing something. I don't see the offer of using Facebook Credits.

Thanks...D

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 9th 2013 at 6:18 PM
Hi Denise,

Do you have facebook credits available? When I click to buy it tells me how many facebook credits I have and how many I need. It will let me buy the Facebook credits I need with a credit card.

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2013 at 5:12 PM
Jennifer L. Kelbaugh
This may have been addressed, but with all the posts and different forum links, I haven't found the answer. How do we pick the "favorite prize" for our profile page?

243 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2013 at 7:01 PM
Luna Zoraida
Hi Jennifer, click on the prize you want to select as your favourite, the option will pop up.

20 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2013 at 7:45 PM
Danielle Natale
I think I saw this question posted earlier in this thread, but never saw an answer. Do we get a credit of any sort for completing EB1 and/or EB2 in EBA?

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2013 at 12:06 AM
Hi Danielle,

Yes, there are trophies for progress in both EB1 and EB2 that give you bonus hammers in EBA.

-David