Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Q&A 52 - November 17th, 2021
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:07 PM
Eliz
Hi Nick,
I don't have a major issue returning to hubs/commons with completed requests. I would, however, appreciate knowing what is in the egg before travelling back to the Commons and only then finding out that it is not something I need. Maybe Misty (or her designate) can meet us in the field when we find an egg and we can accept/reject right on the spot. If rejected, we move on but if accepted, we follow Misty back to the stable to accept the first egg hatching quest.
Post by Eliz deleted November 17th 2021 at 3:08 PM
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:08 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Hi, Nick
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:08 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Joyce wrote:

I believe some of this may have been requested before but for Thanksgiving Event next year could we please have tables and benches like those in the Commons during the event. Tables and benches should be able to rotate. If tables could already have the food and place settings on them that would be great! Otherwise, we need multiple place settings and vegetables/desserts and maybe a small turkey that fits the table. Also need to be able to place mannequins on the benches. If possible, it would also be nice to have a sword that when equipped, looks like you are carrying a cooked turkey on a plate.

Trying to host thanksgiving on your ranch? A fun idea! I'll note these suggestions down and see if Georgia can get them in for next year.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:11 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

Can we get Nate as pet? I know there is a Nate duck and a Nate doll but how about an actual Nate? And has anyone ever considered an invisible pet?

I'm not sure we want to add exact likenesses of NPCs as pets, which is why we've gone with dolls and ducks. But I'll note it down to consider.
Would you want an invisible pet, so you don't have to have one showing but still get the bonus?
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:13 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

Could we keep an egg after finding out what it is a trade with another player for an egg we want?

This is an interesting spin on the usual request! The player-to-player trading part is a big technical ask, but I'll note the idea down all the same.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:15 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
FishyIsUnique wrote:

Hi Nick,
How difficult would it be to make other players visible and interactive throughout the entire game? Just like Amicus Island... Think of the mutual comradery that would come with that...

While we have multiplayer tech on Amicus Isle, extending this to the rest of the game is a big technical ask, and opens up a host of other questions. With just little-old-me and Georgia on the project, I don't think we've got the resources to attempt something like this.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:20 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
TheCatWhispurrer wrote:

An idea for a long-time request that has always been a puzzle before: Ability to see behind our ranch houses and island cottages in what is otherwise a void.

Concept: Back exits or "doors". You step through the exit and the ranch house "disappears" (only it's shadow is visible) or not. We could build patios, add-on a deck upstairs (as an option), and either retrieve or dismiss any and all lost items from behind the ranch house from beforehand (I've personally lost many items back there and have no idea as to what they even were anymore).

And, maybe as an additional idea, sell door frames (many of the buildings in the Commons have them) as customization items for our ranch houses. Some with doors (closed) and others without depending on what the player wishes to do. Maybe an item for the Construction Worker on Amicus Island to sell?

Yes! I've been meaning to let you see behind the ranch and cottage house! Just haven't carved out the time to do so yet. Will hopefully be able to look into that for the next Quality of Life update.

Placing doors and being able to walk through a wall via the door is a technical hurdle, but closed doors and door frames should be immediately doable! I'll note them down.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:24 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
forgingaheart wrote:

any chance we'll be able to turn out the light so it is nighttime so we can better see the Christmas decor lights on our ranches this year?

also about disappearing items like TCW mentioned, it sure would be nice to have a button to clear all decor items, so that all items that are out goes back into our inventory. then all hidden items could now be found.

We've got the tech for ranch lights since the Haunted Mansion was added. I've been meaning to soup up the Haunted Ranch Style with a darkness layer and your items lighting it up, which I could then extend to a Christmas theme and elsewhere! We'll see if I can find the time to do so. I completely agree it would be a great addition!

The "put away everything" ranch button is already on my list. I'll bump up the priority, as I've it mentioned by various players.
465 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:31 PM
Last Edited November 17th 2021 at 3:33 PM
WhackedCrafter
Nick, on mlmcc52 question on egg trading, why couldn't it be like how we send gift baskets? That's a player-player. Because I have over 100 useless eggs would LOVE to give to someone else.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:32 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

Howdy folks, below is some suggestions

1- so everyone has noticed that the gold,XP,and gems have changed how they are viewed etc, but i have noticed there is a lot of players that are not happy with this from observations/chat discussions on chat, and one player i noticed suggested a great idea, that was a toggle option, where we can revert the gold,XP and gems back to the way they were.

2- This might be hard to do, but....we have a mini event where black marketeers land on Amicus Isle , allow us to sell/trade our egg doubles to other players who are incapable of getting that egg to complete a Gen of pets etc,

3- i think it's fair to say that there is alot of support/suggestions to have something with Gingerbread for xmas, i even suggested something long ago about 5-6 months ago, is it too much to ask to have something with Gingerbread in it please for this year perhaps...

from june 30th Q/A -

627 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th at 12:44 AM
Russel Denton
howdy folks..i have a just a few idea's

1- so in january i did a thread with some idea's for this years xmas event, so here is what i said....

so im doing this thread now so the devs have time to read it......

firstly, for the christmas tree we make and get to keep , just an idea, but next year we make a xmas tree that is Australian style, it will have LED rope lights but with a snakes head biting its tail in way and on the tree 2 koalas, 1 on either side and a kookaburra as the tree topper which lights up , and spider baubles in different colours

next the mount , i was thinking a hot rod
( thinking of the xmas song "SANTA DRIVES A HOT ROD" ) decorated in xmas lights

as for pets i had in mind a white kangaroo wearing a santa hat, or a koala dressed as santa

below is some add on's to the above

So a few players did respond and 2-3 players suggested we need to do something with Ginger bread, so after thinking on it i came up with a idea to use gingerbread

so the idea is similiar to the halloween replica making quest, and we make a ginger bread house

4- I noticed someone suggested having a recycling center in the last Q/A, well about 4/5 year ago i made a similair suggestion here it is, and am happy to hear folks thoughts....
https://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=7994

1) I added the number abbreviations initially so store item costs and currencies would fit on the UI properly, and then extended it to other places where large amounts would be shown, like Gold. This is to increase the readability of these numbers, by adding commas to the numbers. So 1000000 becomes 1,000,000. Past a certain point (in the 10s of millions), the number won't fit on the UI, so it gets abbreviated instead. Yet, like you mention, I have been getting some negative feedback about this, and will consider adjusting it or making it a toggleable option.

2) Trading eggs is a neat idea! I'm not sure a mini-event is the place to do it, but I'll consider it for a future update.

3) I'll see what I can do regarding gingerbread for the upcoming Christmas event. Thanks for the reminder.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:33 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mshellgirl1969 wrote:

Hey nick, hope you and the misses are doing well!! I have a suggestion. We haven't had a Caine or Nate Dragon quest in a while. Do you think you could work on one when you work on some new content for us? Please and thank you!!
Michele

We always do a Nate and Kaine adventure with new region updates! So you can expect some later on in the Prismatic Passage!
465 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:37 PM
WhackedCrafter
so is stream canceled, again? and there isn't a coloring page released?
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:41 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Marmalade wrote:

Hi Nick!
Thank you for your help with my recent couple of issues - I really appreciate your time.
And to go with that: do you get thank yous in the tickets just before we close the ticket? If not is there another way to send gratitude for your time and effort?

Question/Suggestion: is there/can there be a mount xp trinket?

Suggestion: Amicus Isle - the "lei your friends" ability doesn't stop after you've done the required quest number: could we do that for the "watering time" and the "tiki shuffle" quests? With the "lei your friends" I sometimes like to go around and give all NPCs, as well as players the flowers, and I think it'd be fun to have the option to water all the plants and make all the tikis happy!

Thank you to you and your team for all your hard work and dedication to this game - loving it since the beginning and plan to for years to come!

I do see your replies, even after you've closed the tickets. So there is fine! Thanks :)

That's a fun request! I'll note it down and consider adding it for a future update.
Post by WhackedCrafter deleted November 17th 2021 at 3:51 PM
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:44 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
sjemb wrote:

Would it be possible to have the "friends" request show up in messages (like the buddy requests do) instead of only on your account page? A lot of the established players are no longer checking their account page and new players are having a harder time of accumulating friends.

Unfortunately your account friends and your BW2 friends are distinct and use different services. Players looking to make friends will have to make a point to check their CNE Games account page for those requests. There is a button in the settings which will take you to your account, if that's any help.

Alternatively, you can try meeting on Amicus Isle and friending that way.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:50 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Elsastar96 wrote:

Hi Nick, following on again from my suggestion of a quick turn of quests in the commons. After some more thought on this, I now believe this would be more suited to the quest hubs as there is quite often more to do in the commons than just turn in quests.

The town crier could assist with this. When checking your hub status, there could be an option to collect/turn in all quests, thus removing the need for a visit...twice.

Friend whacks - I personally haven't used these for such a long time and it would be nice to have the option to use them all at once. Maybe a conga line could be added, whereby 10 or so friends are seen doing the conga, whacking bushes along the way, once finished all 100 whacks are used giving you a mana/power refil, 50% energy bar refil and x amount of gold.

A while ago, before the addition of saved trinket sets, there was a discussion about the possibility of adding pets and swords to this option. Are there any plans to implement this?

I was going to suggest a mount xp booster trinket but, Marmalade beat me to it. It would be great whilst a-mount-ing xp that we got some help like we do for our pets.

Having general daily/hub quest pick-up and turn-in at the Town Crier would streamline things, certainly! I'll note it down to consider.

Doing all your friend whacks at once would be faster, sure. I think I'd first try modifying it to be as fast as a Quick Whack (not having to wait for their avatar to fade out before you can do the next Friend Whack). That's the parity we'd like to have between Quick Whacks and Friend Whacks.

Trinket Sets are functional now, so an improvements to them are on hold while I catch up on content. I'll consider revisiting the pet/mount inclusion for the next Quality of Life update.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 3:51 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,
Just curious as to why the Gnome Vader is always "Out of Stock" in the Holiday Enthusiast store on AI.

That's because you've already bought it! You can only have one, and as far as I can tell, having it be "Out of Stock" instead of removing it from the store is just for fun.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 4:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Nick,

Re: Pet Treats

1) Could you give us the ability to Trade-up our Level Pet Treats like we can with DNA?
ie. Trade 2 level 5 to make a level 10, etc.

2) Give us the ability to "Stack" them when leveling our pets?
ie. Use a 5 and a 10 pet level treat to bring the pet level up to 15, etc.

3) Right now, Pet treats have no effect if the pet is already at that level, or higher. Could you give us the ability to increase our level "by that amount" rather than increasing "up" to that level?
ie. If the current level is 10, use a level 5 Pet Treat to increase the level to 15.

4) Previous suggestion:
When we open Hank's pet treat dialogue, could you have it state how many of each level Pet Treats we own, so we can better decide which one we want to use? Right now we have to look them up in inventory to see the numbers and they aren't always easy to find.

1) The XP requirement for each pet level doesn't make two Level 5 Pet Treats = one Level 10 Pet Treat, but some conversion would be possible!

2) The stacking suggestion has the same issue as above, but pooling the XP amounts included in each pet treat would be possible.

3) Your "by that amount" idea also has the same xp amount issue, but adding their xp amount beyond the intended level would be possible.

4) The Hank pet treat amounts suggestion has already been noted! Thanks for the reminder.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2021 at 4:04 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

Why do some dialogs require you to click through all the bubbles and others allow you to leave without clicking the final bubble. Example Cole in requesting corn requires a click on you final comment "No problem I'll get the corn" before you can move away. The grey-haired lady (bottom-left) who wants festival stuff allows you o move away without clicking on the final bubble.

That's kinda up to whoever scripted that dialog. Sometimes we intentionally don't let you move around until the dialog is completed (maybe we don't want you mucking with things until it's finished!), and sometimes we let you walk away from a conversation.