Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 50 - November 3rd, 2021
92 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:53 PM
Vegan1964
I'd love to have a longer Thanksgiving parade. Can we have additional balloons or a marching band? The band could be a quest. We have to find music, tubas, trombones, hats, etc.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:53 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Okay, so I've been informed that this is a new frequent occurrence as of late. There seems to be a random glitch floating through that strikes our ranches. lilbit0219 shared something similar happening to them. Our ranch house's top floors are being completely wiped and everything placed back into our inventories and sometimes items on the first floor are also moved into our inventories. To me, last night, one of my crop plots was moved into my inventory and I lost the banana crop I had planted on it as well as losing the energy I would have otherwise been able to reap from it.

I don't know if it's happened to any others as of yet, but so far that's two players who have been hit by this, "wormhole" glitch. Think you could find the time to look into that one, please? Redecorating an entire floor of a house can be such a pain.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:57 PM
WhackedCrafter
TheCat.. you should've have lost the crops even though they're in your inventory, because I do it all the time when I want the room. Unless that is part of the glitch you mentioned.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:59 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
I think it is part of the glitch, because when I found the plot in my inventory, it was empty when I put it back onto my ranch.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 3:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

On adding to mimcc52.. why, once we have received an event item, from completing the required quest, we can't buy more from the store nor have them be permanent? I can see not allowing players that haven't completed the quests to be able to purchase these items, but for players that have makes no sense and why even complete the quest when we can't get to buy more.

Are you referring to the special Duty quest rewards, like the Creepy Painting, Grave, and Animatronic haunted mansion items? If so, these are special extra-detailed haunted mansion items, most of which requiring staffing from friends, so they should be singular. That's not quite the case for the Animatronic ones, so we could consider letting you purchase more of those for your mansions after completing the quest.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 3:02 PM
WhackedCrafter
do you have tiles, like the lava tiles, anywhere? because those have caused major glitches that Nick has been trying to fix. Not sure with other tiles.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 3:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

I'd love to have a longer Thanksgiving parade. Can we have additional balloons or a marching band? The band could be a quest. We have to find music, tubas, trombones, hats, etc.

That's a fun idea! I'll keep it in mind for this year's or next year's Thanksgiving event.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 3:04 PM
WhackedCrafter
Nick... I'm talking from buying from the event vendors.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 3:05 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
TheCatWhispurrer wrote:

Okay, so I've been informed that this is a new frequent occurrence as of late. There seems to be a random glitch floating through that strikes our ranches. lilbit0219 shared something similar happening to them. Our ranch house's top floors are being completely wiped and everything placed back into our inventories and sometimes items on the first floor are also moved into our inventories. To me, last night, one of my crop plots was moved into my inventory and I lost the banana crop I had planted on it as well as losing the energy I would have otherwise been able to reap from it.

I don't know if it's happened to any others as of yet, but so far that's two players who have been hit by this, "wormhole" glitch. Think you could find the time to look into that one, please? Redecorating an entire floor of a house can be such a pain.

Yes, sorry about that. This bug was the result of me fixing another bug without fully understanding an aspect of the placing system, and making an erroneous observation.

This would have happened to anyone who went to their own ranch while the issue was happening, so won't affect all players.

Unfortunately I am unable to revert your ranch to the way it was. Very sorry for the inconvenience!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 3:06 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Hope to see you in this week's Bush Whacker Weekly livestream on Twitch, Friday at 4 PM Pacific time! Ta ta for now!