Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 50 - November 3rd, 2021
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 1st 2021 at 4:52 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday November 3rd at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 2nd 2021 at 1:00 PM
mlmcc52
Can you buy a gift with pumpkins and a gift with candy each day?
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 2nd 2021 at 1:07 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Suggestion for next year's Halloween Event: a Mausoleum, as either a garden item (like the garden shed, greenhouse, etc.); they're usually creepy buildings.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 2nd 2021 at 2:08 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Also, is there a pet/Mount with a holiday item bonus?
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 2nd 2021 at 3:47 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
One last question and then I'll shut up: If I use a sugar-less drink...
1) Can I transfer the costume to a mannequin?
2) If I can, does it stay locked on the mannequin or does it only last the 24hr period?
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 2nd 2021 at 6:56 PM
Horsedancer1
I have a ticket that has been in for over a month. Planting items from the birdhouse often locks up the game and I have to restart. Can you fix it or should I just remove the birdhouse? Thanks
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:43 AM
Last Edited November 3rd 2021 at 2:50 AM
Russel Denton
I have a few questions

1- in regards to the achievement for voting 50 times, does it count if we choose the option " can't decide or don't like either one" or do we have to actually pick a entry

2- could we have half haybales perhaps next year because I noticed when designing things don't fit in place as planned

3- could we make more of the Halloween decorations rotatable please

4- just my personal nitpick but I only just noticed that 2 of the trick or treaters we go find are wearing the same thing... A cauldron hat, could we get one to dress differently perhaps
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 4:08 AM
Elsastar96
When we have completed the daily quests from the commons, it would be great if we could complete the objective without having to return to the commons.

So when you access the quest bar, it gives you the choice to either return or not.

Example - Pet growing-find milk bottles
Find 40 bottles
Return to Misty
Complete quest without returning to Misty
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 10:26 AM
mlmcc52
Could we have an option on buying previous years items of paying with something other than bushbucks. For instance items from 2018-2020 would be 24 candies. Older items 36 candies. Could you add the year the item is from to the pop up details? This would be helpful when trying to finish a particular year achievement for buying all the items.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

Can you buy a gift with pumpkins and a gift with candy each day?

I see the desire to be able to do both, but we only want you buying one for event currency once per day, like in the other events.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:05 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
TheCatWhispurrer wrote:

Suggestion for next year's Halloween Event: a Mausoleum, as either a garden item (like the garden shed, greenhouse, etc.); they're usually creepy buildings.

A mausoleum would be a great Halloween ranch item! I'll note it down for Georgia to consider for next year.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:07 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
TheCatWhispurrer wrote:

Also, is there a pet/Mount with a holiday item bonus?

There are quite a few pets with holiday/event item bonuses. I believe they're all premium (bush bucks or premium package deals).

Mounts cannot get the holiday/event item bonus.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:08 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
TheCatWhispurrer wrote:

One last question and then I'll shut up: If I use a sugar-less drink...
1) Can I transfer the costume to a mannequin?
2) If I can, does it stay locked on the mannequin or does it only last the 24hr period?

At the moment, I don't think a mannequin can be dressed using costume drink clothes, as you don't own them. This is something I'm considering changing, as it's been a semi popular suggestion (from Flybaby, I think?)
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:09 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Horsedancer1 wrote:

I have a ticket that has been in for over a month. Planting items from the birdhouse often locks up the game and I have to restart. Can you fix it or should I just remove the birdhouse? Thanks

I finally managed to track down this issue! The game has already be updated with it, so just make sure you close and open the game again to get the update. Sorry for the inconvenience! I appreciate your patience.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

I have a few questions

1- in regards to the achievement for voting 50 times, does it count if we choose the option " can't decide or don't like either one" or do we have to actually pick a entry

2- could we have half haybales perhaps next year because I noticed when designing things don't fit in place as planned

3- could we make more of the Halloween decorations rotatable please

4- just my personal nitpick but I only just noticed that 2 of the trick or treaters we go find are wearing the same thing... A cauldron hat, could we get one to dress differently perhaps

1) Looking at the code, it doesn't look like the "Can't decide" option counts as a vote towards the achievement.

2) I'll note down half sized haybales for Georgia to consider for next year.

3) If you submit a support ticket listing the names of the Halloween decorations you'd like to rotate, Georgia and I will see if we can make that happen.

4) Which areas are the cauldron hat trick-or-treaters, Russel?
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:30 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Elsastar96 wrote:

When we have completed the daily quests from the commons, it would be great if we could complete the objective without having to return to the commons.

So when you access the quest bar, it gives you the choice to either return or not.

Example - Pet growing-find milk bottles
Find 40 bottles
Return to Misty
Complete quest without returning to Misty

I'm very interested to hear more about why you'd like this change.

I understand having to go back and forth from the Commons for each quest is annoying. Typically players will batch what daily quests they can to make as few trips as possible.

My concern about removing the need to talk to the quest giver to complete the quest is that it makes the gameplay more abstract. How are you giving the items to the quest giver?

If the reason is that your game crashes after changing many areas, then I think that's the issue that should be fixed.

Anyways, would love to hear your motivation for this suggestion!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:34 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

Could we have an option on buying previous years items of paying with something other than bushbucks. For instance items from 2018-2020 would be 24 candies. Older items 36 candies. Could you add the year the item is from to the pop up details? This would be helpful when trying to finish a particular year achievement for buying all the items.

I can totally add the year each item is into it's description. That would certainly help with each store achievement.

Your suggestion to change the prior item costs is interesting. Pricing them with Bush Bucks means players can buy them without affecting how many of the current year items they can buy. Something to think about though. I'll note down this suggestion to consider for a future year.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:46 PM
WhackedCrafter
On adding to mimcc52.. why, once we have received an event item, from completing the required quest, we can't buy more from the store nor have them be permanent? I can see not allowing players that haven't completed the quests to be able to purchase these items, but for players that have makes no sense and why even complete the quest when we can't get to buy more.
74 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2021 at 2:51 PM
IamGroot
@TheCatWhispurrer: You can change any pet to a holiday bonus pet with DNA at Pagas.