Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 49 - October 27th, 2021
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 26th 2021 at 9:59 AM
Last Edited October 27th 2021 at 10:50 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday October 27th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 26th 2021 at 10:20 AM
Durbin
Can you have a separate category for contestants that form pictures for spook houses, gardens, etc? They always win but no garden or spook house really looks like that
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 26th 2021 at 12:34 PM
Last Edited October 27th 2021 at 12:31 PM
Russel Denton
i have a few idea's/Questions

1- so when we purchase bait for fishing, we can select how many we can get with that counter thing, could we add that counter thing to the halloween event next year for buying decorations please it would be easier then clicking repeatly do get multiples of one decoration/s

2- i'm going to raise this again, but has any thoughts/action been done for us to get rid of those pesky sugarless drinks etc, if not i have a idea for them

- if we trade in 5 of a certain one we get the outfit it comes with, in
the way of a hat,gloves,glasses if needed

3- i know it is a bit of a short notice thing, but could we have a mini-event commemorating Daniel craigs last outing as 007 perhaps

4- when are we getting another Endangered species event, i really love them, same for the butterfly one too

5- in build mode on our ranch our avatar can't move , can we have the same for the halloween event when we are decorating our houses please, currently our avatar moves when we misclick an item and click floor instead and it moves there
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 26th 2021 at 3:11 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Nick
Will this be on Thursday the 28th or Wednesday the 27th?
Thanks!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 26th 2021 at 3:45 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I second Russ' idea - -

"1- so when we purchase bait for fishing, we can select how many we can get with that counter thing, could we add that counter thing to the Halloween event next year for buying decorations please it wold be easier then clicking repeatedly do get multiples of one decoration/s"

Yes please!
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 7:31 AM
AquireWhite
https://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=25720#101833

Do you mean for the game to remember if you're dismounted or mounted on each particular mount? Or just it remembers if you're dismounted when you load the game and change mounts?

I was thinking as you stated, "..it remembers if you're dismounted when you load the game and change mounts".

It should be the easiest fix and I'd hate to have to manage a setting for each and every mount I owned.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 10:50 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
The q&a will happen on Wednesday (today), not Thursday! Apologies!
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 12:44 PM
Elsastar96
When receiving a request for help...energy packs etc, is it possible to have buddy requests separated from these? Sometimes, especially in events, there are a lot of things asked for, scrolling down looking for B/R is a task I'd rather not do.

Another reason for this is, it appears that when you use the accept all requests button any B/R seem to stack up, so when you clear out the non-players they automatically get replaced with previous requests. Not sure if this meant to happen...but it does.

In the events that have competitions attached, it would be nice to have a save 1 and 2 feature, as sometimes a player might have more than one idea for a masterpiece, it takes a lot of time to place and delete items. A delete all items would be great too.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 2:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 2:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Durbin wrote:

Can you have a separate category for contestants that form pictures for spook houses, gardens, etc? They always win but no garden or spook house really looks like that

The pictures/pixel art submissions are usually quite popular, for sure. However, I'm not sure I could programmatically determine between the two...
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 2:10 PM
Durbin
Well if there were 2 categories we'd have to have faith that if a picture type was submitted to the non picture category it would be voted down right? Hmm yeah not great
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 2:15 PM
Last Edited October 27th 2021 at 2:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

i have a few idea's/Questions

1- so when we purchase bait for fishing, we can select how many we can get with that counter thing, could we add that counter thing to the halloween event next year for buying decorations please it would be easier then clicking repeatly do get multiples of one decoration/s

2- i'm going to raise this again, but has any thoughts/action been done for us to get rid of those pesky sugarless drinks etc, if not i have a idea for them

- if we trade in 5 of a certain one we get the outfit it comes with, in
the way of a hat,gloves,glasses if needed

3- i know it is a bit of a short notice thing, but could we have a mini-event commemorating Daniel craigs last outing as 007 perhaps

4- when are we getting another Endangered species event, i really love them, same for the butterfly one too

5- in build mode on our ranch our avatar can't move , can we have the same for the halloween event when we are decorating our houses please, currently our avatar moves when we misclick an item and click floor instead and it moves there

ArmyMomOkc wrote:
I second Russ' idea - -

"1- so when we purchase bait for fishing, we can select how many we can get with that counter thing, could we add that counter thing to the Halloween event next year for buying decorations please it wold be easier then clicking repeatedly do get multiples of one decoration/s"

Yes please!

1) While buying multiples at once like with bait is handy, you can already buy and place the same ranch item without re-opening the store, so I'm not sure there's much of a benefit here.

2) Sugarless drink improvements are on my list for the next Quality of Life update. My current focus is the Flux Dungeon.

3) A Daniel Craig 007 tribute is a fun idea! I'll note it down to consider.

4) I'll ask Georgia to whip up some more endangered species and butterflies (maybe MOTHS?!) for those mini-events! Glad to hear you like them.

5) I get this can be annoying. I'll note it down for future decorating events to look into changing it to the button like on your ranch.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 2:17 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
AquireWhite wrote:

https://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=25720#101833

"Do you mean for the game to remember if you're dismounted or mounted on each particular mount? Or just it remembers if you're dismounted when you load the game and change mounts?"

I was thinking as you stated, "..it remembers if you're dismounted when you load the game and change mounts".

It should be the easiest fix and I'd hate to have to manage a setting for each and every mount I owned.

I'll note this suggestion down! Thanks :)
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 2:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Elsastar96 wrote:

When receiving a request for help...energy packs etc, is it possible to have buddy requests separated from these? Sometimes, especially in events, there are a lot of things asked for, scrolling down looking for B/R is a task I'd rather not do.

Another reason for this is, it appears that when you use the accept all requests button any B/R seem to stack up, so when you clear out the non-players they automatically get replaced with previous requests. Not sure if this meant to happen...but it does.

In the events that have competitions attached, it would be nice to have a save 1 and 2 feature, as sometimes a player might have more than one idea for a masterpiece, it takes a lot of time to place and delete items. A delete all items would be great too.

I see the benefit of separating friend invite requests from the others! I'll note it down to consider for a future quality of life update.

Saving a ranch layout would also be great for those who like to decorate their ranch/course/island seasonally! However, I'd like to note that for the screenshot contests, you cannot have more than one entry. Later entries overwrite earlier entries.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 2:23 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Durbin wrote:

Well if there were 2 categories we'd have to have faith that if a picture type was submitted to the non picture category it would be voted down right? Hmm yeah not great

I'm not sure that would work either, yeah, as it would require additional policing for entries in the wrong categories.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 2:38 PM
Elsastar96
I understand that you can only have one entry in the screenshot contests. It would still be nice to have the save 1 and 2 for if you change your mind before submitting your entry...and the delete all items button? Is that possible?
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 2:43 PM
Elsastar96
Russel's idea number 1 would be a handy feature for when you are buying items from the npc that isn't inside the haunted mansion.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 2:46 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Elsastar96 wrote:

I understand that you can only have one entry in the screenshot contests. It would still be nice to have the save 1 and 2 for if you change your mind before submitting your entry...and the delete all items button? Is that possible?

I don't think I'd implement a saving feature for that reason, as I'm not sure how many players would benefit from it in these screenshot contests. However, a similar idea has been suggested for the normal ranches, so I don't see why such an idea couldn't also extend to the event decoration areas.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 2:47 PM
Last Edited October 27th 2021 at 2:48 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Elsastar96 wrote:

Russel's idea number 1 would be a handy feature for when you are buying items from the npc that isn't inside the haunted mansion.

That's a fair point. I'll note it down to consider for the next Halloween event.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2021 at 2:51 PM
Elsastar96
Maybe 3rd time lucky...delete all items button in the screenshot contests?...Is that something you would consider?