Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 48 - October 21st, 2021
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 20th 2021 at 1:55 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Thursday October 21st at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 20th 2021 at 3:53 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Just a few silly ideas to share, Nick.
1) A way to provided eyes and complexion to the mannequins.
2) Doctor/Professor & Nurse Avatar items; maybe even some medical equipment for like either a vet or a human doctor.
3) Is there a way to still buy the bathing suit option from the Summer Event?
4) Nah, I've made this suggestion before, so I'm not going to bug you with it again.
5) Perhaps a Mosasaurus pet/mount. But in realistic proportions, not the Jurassic World major enlargement.
6) Is there going to be a way to release the giant bat (from the Cenote Site) from the crystal to use as a Mount?
Anyways, like I said, just a few questions and suggestions, thank you for your consideration in advance.
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 20th 2021 at 3:54 PM
Vegan1964
I'd asked the other day about not having to use all power at once. I'd like to have a sliding bar so I could regulate the amount of power. It is so frustrating to have a full power bar and lose it all. It is also frustrating to have to have to use large amounts of power and get 96 quest items and I only need 3. If a bar is not an easy change, maybe a drop down with a list of 5, 10, all?
4 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 20th 2021 at 4:14 PM
Kristi Alexander
I have a silly request. Can we please have arrow signs to direct people to our corn mazes? I put mine on my island and I feel like no one will see it LOL.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 20th 2021 at 11:11 PM
Last Edited October 21st 2021 at 1:14 PM
Russel Denton
1- i recently decided to re-decorate my island, and noticed not ALL tables are rotatable, i was trying to rotate the rectangle table ( which comes with the IKEA book thing i believe), but found out it can't be rotated as for other tables which don't match for my needs.

2- can you make some of those ragged edges on our island edges usable instead of it being too skinny, and unable to put anything on it them perhaps please

3- i know we can turn in duplicate pets etc, but it would be nice if we could turn in duplicate pets and get a pet we want in return perhaps.

4- could we perhaps be allowed to stack the hedges on top of each other perhaps
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 12:32 AM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,

Sorry if I missed your notice. I see that Q & A is on Thurs this week rather than Wed. Is this a one time change or will it go back to Wed next week?

Question re: Release notes Miscellaneous (October 15th, 2021) ...

Could you please explain what you mean by the following ...
... "Hid the “Level 40 & 4 Level 20 Pet Treats” inventory item, which is a hidden purchase token"
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 2:50 AM
Elsastar96
I'd like to see the introduction of a combi-whack.

It could sit alongside our other whack options and when used it would combine all 3.

First a quick whack, then a mana whack followed by a power whack of a random bush.
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 2:53 AM
Last Edited October 21st 2021 at 2:54 AM
VikingHelga
Hi Nick, this is a suggestion about Asking for Energy packets.
The "Ask Friends" function has two options: "Name" and "Recently Played". We have to use the Recently PLayed list, because those are the people that play regularly.
There is a "Random "button that selects friends all at once, which would be excellent, but it is useless because it picks from all friends, even those who haven't played for months.
My suggestion is to make this button "Pick Recently PLayed" so that when you click that button, it automatically selects the friends who have last played, saving us the trouble of clicking and selecting one by one.
HOpe this is a feasible suggestion. It really wou be a major quality of life improvement. Thanks!
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 3:16 AM
VikingHelga
Hi NIck, just had another idea for a quality of life improvement. A trashcan where you can recicle your sugarless drinks. I have ton of those and they just keep piling up in the inventory. JUst a place where I could dump them would be great. WIth an added fun factor like recycling ... and getting some stuff for them (gems, items... whatever random items you guys woud feel comfortable in exchanging) would be excellent. Thanks! :)
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 7:54 AM
Last Edited October 21st 2021 at 7:56 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Vegan1964
I agree what you have said about a full power bar. However, I think it will make the game too easy. Developing a strategy is very important to getting the most out this game. For example for power I only use it on monsters (or the higher cost bushes). Monsters give the best odds. I also make sure my mana isn't full in case I get a mana refill from the power whack. Tweaking your odds is key to getting the most out this game (and power whacks 🙂).
68 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 8:36 AM
ajv1
Hi Nick! Please help me understand the new VIP power Quests and Whacks. What does it mean exactly "Whack quest spawns with Quick Whacks and Mana Whacks"? Also, when OFF is green does that mean the power is activated or not activated? Thanks!
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 8:40 AM
AquireWhite
A Quality of Life request?

Could we possibly have a default setting for Mount state (Mounted/dismounted)?
I like having the bonuses of my mount, but depending on the mount the animation can become annoying. I use the Silver Surfboard the most. The "floating" animation gets rather another annoying after a period of time, so I dismount the board while playing.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 8:47 AM
Flybaby
Nick, Just a reminder ... the new hair colors are still not working on the mannequins.
17 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 10:13 AM
Wisteria04
Hi Nick,

I think the new Quester's Boon for Quest Whacks is awesome! I was wondering if you could add the Call a Friend whacks to that as well. It certainly would be handy!

Revisiting an old item: I am still getting duplicate requests for energy packs and obstacle removal from various folks. This is not a problem for me since I can use the Accept All button, but it seems a shame for the requesters if they are wasting valuable requests.

Another past item revisited: Any word on the idea of adding a Completed Crops toggle button to the Plant Splicer 3000?

Thanks again for all that you and Georgia do and for allowing us to add our 2 cents. :-)
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 12:23 PM
Last Edited October 21st 2021 at 2:31 PM
Flybaby
@Russell,
There is a wide assortment of items that you can place on the island's "ragged edges" such as trees, flowers, seashells, tiki torches, small lawn chairs, etc.
Have fun with it, and happy Decorating!

PS. The edges of my island are all decorated if you'd like to take a peek.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 2:04 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 2:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
TheCatWhispurrer wrote:

Just a few silly ideas to share, Nick.
1) A way to provided eyes and complexion to the mannequins.
2) Doctor/Professor & Nurse Avatar items; maybe even some medical equipment for like either a vet or a human doctor.
3) Is there a way to still buy the bathing suit option from the Summer Event?
4) Nah, I've made this suggestion before, so I'm not going to bug you with it again.
5) Perhaps a Mosasaurus pet/mount. But in realistic proportions, not the Jurassic World major enlargement.
6) Is there going to be a way to release the giant bat (from the Cenote Site) from the crystal to use as a Mount?
Anyways, like I said, just a few questions and suggestions, thank you for your consideration in advance.

1) You're not the first to suggest this, so my thoughts are to add a toggle to let players decide if they want a mannequin to have the mannequin complexion/eyes or not.
2) I'm surprised we don't have many (or any?) doctor/nurse items! I'll add them to our list for Georgia to consider adding.
3) I forgot there was a Swimsuit Pack! I'll consider rerunning it next Summer.

5) Even still a Mosasaurus is quite big, from what I can find! We'd probably have to miniaturize it for the game. Maybe as a decently big mount though...
6) Taming such a creature is a bold thing! I'll note it down to consider at least.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 2:21 PM
Last Edited October 21st 2021 at 2:40 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

I'd asked the other day about not having to use all power at once. I'd like to have a sliding bar so I could regulate the amount of power. It is so frustrating to have a full power bar and lose it all. It is also frustrating to have to have to use large amounts of power and get 96 quest items and I only need 3. If a bar is not an easy change, maybe a drop down with a list of 5, 10, all?

Noted! I'll consider adding a slider option.

ArmyMomOkc wrote:
Vegan1964
I agree what you have said about a full power bar. However, I think it will make the game too easy. Developing a strategy is very important to getting the most out this game. For example for power I only use it on monsters (or the higher cost bushes). Monsters give the best odds. I also make sure my mana isn't full in case I get a mana refill from the power whack. Tweaking your odds is key to getting the most out this game (and power whacks 🙂).

You raise a valid point! I'll certainly take this into consideration regarding a power slider feature.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 2:24 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Kristi Alexander wrote:

I have a silly request. Can we please have arrow signs to direct people to our corn mazes? I put mine on my island and I feel like no one will see it LOL.

We have the "HELP!" arrow signs available on Amicus Isle. I'll note down some generic arrow signs for Georgia to look into adding though!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2021 at 2:28 PM
Last Edited October 21st 2021 at 2:53 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1- i recently decided to re-decorate my island, and noticed not ALL tables are rotatable, i was trying to rotate the rectangle table ( which comes with the IKEA book thing i believe), but found out it can't be rotated as for other tables which don't match for my needs.

2- can you make some of those ragged edges on our island edges usable instead of it being too skinny, and unable to put anything on it them perhaps please

3- i know we can turn in duplicate pets etc, but it would be nice if we could turn in duplicate pets and get a pet we want in return perhaps.

4- could we perhaps be allowed to stack the hedges on top of each other perhaps

1) Please submit a support ticket listing the names of the table ranch items you'd like rotations added to, and I'll pass them along to Georgia.
2) I didn't intend anyone to decorate those edges of the lake island, but I'll revisit that if I find some time.
3) Are these the basic generation pets you find with Misty?
4) Stacking hedges in an interesting idea... I'll note it down to consider.

Flybaby wrote:
@Russell,
There is a wide assortment of items that you can place on the island's "ragged edges" such as trees, flowers, seashells, tiki torches, small lawn chairs, etc.
Have fun with it, and happy Decorating!

PS. The edges of my island are all decorated if you'd like to take a peek.

Thanks for chiming in on this!