Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Q&A 42 - September 8th, 2021
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 8:26 AM
Bobbi Brown
@Elastar, maybe "I don't know what 'ol Odie and I would do with you, Boo" should be" "I don't know what 'ol Odie and I should do with you, Boo" as when chastising a pet for running away
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 1:14 PM
mlmcc52
Could you add to the Quick Travel menu an icon for Michin Fishing. Only needs to be there when doing the Michin quest
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:02 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
How's this request for ya: a solid black cape and a Darth Vader-like Helmet?
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:08 PM
WhackedCrafter
@TheCatWhispurrer... I know we have a Black Heart Cape, but nothing even close to a Darth Vader Helmet.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:10 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

Question.. since the mannequins can rotate why can't any future gnomes also be able to rotate? Same coding. I know past gnomes would be time consuming. Also, the Pink Flamingo yard decorations, why can't they rotate?

Mannequins use similar tech as the character avatars, which is why rotating was fairly simple to include.

The gnomes and other ranch items are hand-drawn, meaning each rotation needs to be drawn separately (in most cases). So adding up-left/right frames for every gnome in the game is a big art demand.

I totally agree it would be nicer if more things did have rotations, and we're trying to be more conscious of it as we add more content.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:12 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
@ WhackedCrafter... Also have a black cape with flames and another with red, monster eyes, but not a solid black cape.

@Joyce... there is a bobcat, or rather, bobdog, pet. It's a bobcat wearing a white dog costume.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:14 PM
WhackedCrafter
I understand not to change the past gnomes to rotate (you have mentioned why before) but don't see why future ones can't be because what, maybe 1 or 2 a year, if that much? And the flamingos are 1 item that are purchased from the store, so that is just 1 changed.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:15 PM
WhackedCrafter
@TheCat... The Black Heart cape is solid black, with a black heart which describes DV exactly
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:19 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
I'll have to look for it during the next Valentine's Day Event.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:19 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

Howdy folks, i have a few suggestions/idea's

1- i have yet again gone, exploring through the land of Bushwhackia and found a few animals that would be great as pets for the next Gen or future ones,
here they are:

- Black Scarab - found in the Desert City Gate, 1st field - we don't
have many insects in the way of pets

- Yellow Asp - found in Tribal Village and Plateau lakes, yet again we don't have many snake pets, and also if it has a alternate version , you could use the same colour as the snake in the salt desert area , which is albino in colour with red eyes.

- Mud Thing - found in the Molten Core

- Black-thighed Red Frog - found in the Isle's Edge, again not many frog pets

OTHER ANIMALS THAT WOULD BE NICE TOO:

-Black swan - if it helps Georgia, just use the same model as the white swan in Gen 6, and just colour the body black and the eyes and beak red...simple lol

- Centipede

- Gorilla

- Manta Ray

- Blue-spotted ribbontail Ray

- Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo or even the red-tailed will do

- Jumping spider - i would suggest using the peacock spiders as a colour idea,
because they are colourful in colour

- Frilled Lizard

2- as WhackedCrafter suggested above, it would be nice if you made previous gnomes rotatable too even, if possible, also the big pond with a bridge is not rotatable, could you make it please

3- I Know the ZOO update is not yet here, but i reckon if we gave the PAGAS guy our eggs we don't want in alotments of 6 and he gave us back a pet, we dont have or thinks we don't have, or we just trade eggs for DNA which would be easier too

4 - Sugarless drinks - can we have a option when we trade X amount of the same sugarless drink we get to keep the costume perhaps

5- this is actually quite funny but i would like it fixed if it can, i noticed the Orca pet from this current gen of pets is the same size as the tang ( fish ) pet from Gen 13, when in actually fact the orca should be bigger like the space whale, could its size be fixed or not perhaps

happy to hear folks thoughts

1) Thanks for all the pet suggestions! I'll make sure they're noted down for Georgia to consider for future updates.

2) See my reply about rotating gnomes and other ranch items. I'll note down the Bridge Pond for Georgia to consider.

3) That's an interesting use for extra eggs! Will consider it.

4) Interesting suggestion for trading sugarless drinks! Will consider it.

5) Think of it like a baby orca! I agree it's very small for a fully grown orca.

Thanks Russel!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Aelendril wrote:

Hello, wanted to know if it was possible to put a scale option for puzzles, because I find that from 81, the pieces get rather small.

A way to make the puzzle pieces bigger, particularly at that many pieces, would be a great accessibility addition. It's already on our list, thanks!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:24 PM
Last Edited September 8th 2021 at 2:27 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Joyce wrote:

A few more pet options (I apologize if I missed them in the game):
Beaver
Bobcat
Praying Mantis
Bighorn Sheep

Joyce wrote:

Last pet is the Kingfisher

Second, I would like a way to remove a mannequin from its base and move to another base or .... keep it off the base (my preference).

Thanks for asking!

Thanks for the suggestions, Joyce! We do already have a Beaver pet, but the rest we don't. While we have a Bobcat Boyscout and Bighorn Mounty, we could still add normal versions of those animals.

Your mannequin base swapping suggestion would be useful! I'll note it down to consider for a future update.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:27 PM
WhackedCrafter
I think an Andipose type pet would be awesome. And since it is a fat eater it could be an energy pet
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:28 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
sjemb wrote:

Thank You for caging the Beholder in Flux 20. It is a relief to get it away from the puzzle field.

You're welcome! Can't let that dangerous monster roam free, can we?
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:32 PM
WhackedCrafter
we need to have a Nick quest on where he has this long list of things to get done and he needs our help to complete them, like a mini event.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:33 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

@ Russ I like your idea about the sugarless drinks. The list of ideas is growing!

@ Nick ... Just wondering ... Do you have any ideas about what you can feasibly do with the sugarless drinks?

Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,

This was mentioned long ago, but just a reminder.

Is it possible to give us an "unlock" feature for our "locked" statue in the commons?

When I bought the lock feature I thought it would keep Nate away permanently, but it doesn't, and there is even more dialogue to click through with it locked. The animation is cute, but it's a bit of a nuisance after a while.

Thanks

My plans for Sugarless Drinks are to fix the costume bugs regarding drinking too many of them in a row, having them not overwrite your sword runes, and let you sell/trade them for something, though I haven't decided exactly what.

I think the ideal solution would be to see the locked cinematic once, and then never again.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:34 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

Just to add onto Flybaby's statue idea, some players who can't afford or think buying the lock statue is not worth it, maybe Nate could give a quest to players, and it gives them a temporary lock on their statues for perhaps 3-5 days perhaps

Interesting suggestion! I think I'd prefer just having the locked cinematic happen just once, but I'll consider your idea here.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:35 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bobbi Brown wrote:

Thinking about the plays... I hate having to ignore that yellow exclamation mark every day. Wouldn't it be nice we got a satchel for watching those plays, after the achievement was won? Or, just remove that exclamation point when the achievement is reached.

Not the first time this has been suggested! I agree the plays should be worth something, be that a new achievement or a small reward or something a bit more creative. There's been quite a few suggestions for this over the years, and I just haven't gotten around to implementing them, sorry!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:37 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

Recently, I have received multiple requests for path help from the same player. Sometimes as many as 5. The requests are usually one right after the other in the request list. Since I can only accept 1, the rest will be rejected, why do you allow a player to make multiple path clearing requests to one person/ When I see it, I want to delete them all but I don't. I accept one and usually they have already had all the help they need.

This is likely related to a bug in the requests system that I simply haven't been able to reproduce reliably or otherwise track down. It's still on my list to look into when I have some time. Sorry for the inconvenience!