Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Q&A 42 - September 8th, 2021
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 7th 2021 at 9:36 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday September 8th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 7th 2021 at 11:10 AM
Last Edited September 8th 2021 at 10:29 AM
WhackedCrafter
Question.. since the mannequins can rotate why can't any future gnomes also be able to rotate? Same coding. I know past gnomes would be time consuming. Also, the Pink Flamingo yard decorations, why can't they rotate?
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 7th 2021 at 12:02 PM
Last Edited September 8th 2021 at 12:15 AM
Russel Denton
Howdy folks, i have a few suggestions/idea's

1- i have yet again gone, exploring through the land of Bushwhackia and found a few animals that would be great as pets for the next Gen or future ones,
here they are:

- Black Scarab - found in the Desert City Gate, 1st field - we don't
have many insects in the way of pets

- Yellow Asp - found in Tribal Village and Plateau lakes, yet again we don't have many snake pets, and also if it has a alternate version , you could use the same colour as the snake in the salt desert area , which is albino in colour with red eyes.

- Mud Thing - found in the Molten Core

- Black-thighed Red Frog - found in the Isle's Edge, again not many frog pets

OTHER ANIMALS THAT WOULD BE NICE TOO:

-Black swan - if it helps Georgia, just use the same model as the white swan in Gen 6, and just colour the body black and the eyes and beak red...simple lol

- Centipede

- Gorilla

- Manta Ray

- Blue-spotted ribbontail Ray

- Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo or even the red-tailed will do

- Jumping spider - i would suggest using the peacock spiders as a colour idea,
because they are colourful in colour

- Frilled Lizard

2- as WhackedCrafter suggested above, it would be nice if you made previous gnomes rotatable too even, if possible, also the big pond with a bridge is not rotatable, could you make it please

3- I Know the ZOO update is not yet here, but i reckon if we gave the PAGAS guy our eggs we don't want in alotments of 6 and he gave us back a pet, we dont have or thinks we don't have, or we just trade eggs for DNA which would be easier too

4 - Sugarless drinks - can we have a option when we trade X amount of the same sugarless drink we get to keep the costume perhaps

5- this is actually quite funny but i would like it fixed if it can, i noticed the Orca pet from this current gen of pets is the same size as the tang ( fish ) pet from Gen 13, when in actually fact the orca should be bigger like the space whale, could its size be fixed or not perhaps

happy to hear folks thoughts
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 7th 2021 at 12:19 PM
Aelendril
Hello, wanted to know if it was possible to put a scale option for puzzles, because I find that from 81, the pieces get rather small.
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 7th 2021 at 12:36 PM
Joyce
A few more pet options (I apologize if I missed them in the game):
Beaver
Bobcat
Praying Mantis
Bighorn Sheep
Post by Joyce deleted September 7th 2021 at 12:41 PM
Post by Joyce deleted September 7th 2021 at 12:40 PM
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 7th 2021 at 12:43 PM
Joyce
Last pet is the Kingfisher

Second, I would like a way to remove a mannequin from its base and move to another base or .... keep it off the base (my preference).

Thanks for asking!
19 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 7th 2021 at 2:49 PM
sjemb
Thank You for caging the Beholder in Flux 20. It is a relief to get it away from the puzzle field.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 7th 2021 at 2:57 PM
Flybaby
@ Russ I like your idea about the sugarless drinks. The list of ideas is growing!

@ Nick ... Just wondering ... Do you have any ideas about what you can feasibly do with the sugarless drinks?
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 7th 2021 at 4:18 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,

This was mentioned long ago, but just a reminder.

Is it possible to give us an "unlock" feature for our "locked" statue in the commons?

When I bought the lock feature I thought it would keep Nate away permanently, but it doesn't, and there is even more dialogue to click through with it locked. The animation is cute, but it's a bit of a nuisance after a while.

Thanks
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 7th 2021 at 5:09 PM
Russel Denton
Just to add onto Flybaby's statue idea, some players who can't afford or think buying the lock statue is not worth it, maybe Nate could give a quest to players, and it gives them a temporary lock on their statues for perhaps 3-5 days perhaps
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 7th 2021 at 5:44 PM
Bobbi Brown
Thinking about the plays... I hate having to ignore that yellow exclamation mark every day. Wouldn't it be nice we got a satchel for watching those plays, after the achievement was won? Or, just remove that exclamation point when the achievement is reached.
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 7th 2021 at 10:13 PM
mlmcc52
Recently, I have received multiple requests for path help from the same player. Sometimes as many as 5. The requests are usually one right after the other in the request list. Since I can only accept 1, the rest will be rejected, why do you allow a player to make multiple path clearing requests to one person/ When I see it, I want to delete them all but I don't. I accept one and usually they have already had all the help they need.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 2:39 AM
forgingaheart
pet idea, the horseshoe crab, it is becoming increasingly endangered because of it's unique blue blood. Also they predate the dinosaurs and while not really crabs, they are still very cool.
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 3:12 AM
Aelendril
Me again, I think I saw the idea before, but being able to transmute rune dusts into a different color would be neat.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 3:36 AM
Elsastar96
I reported a typo way back in 2019, it reads - In the Sanctuary, one of the dailies for Burl...Burl's lost puppy, when you turn it in it says-"I don't know what 'ol Odie and I would do with you, Boo". Should it be "Without you"?

Cue the music...with or without you, with or without you, I can't live, with or without you...What a tune!

It's not a problem but thought it may have been overlooked.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 3:49 AM
Elsastar96
Whilst in the commons I had noticed the well hadn't loaded properly and there was just a hole in the ground, this gave me an idea. As there are 5 npc's around the well the quest could be centered around them. It could be called - "Ding dong bell, there's something in the well". You click on the well and it randomly activates 1 of 5 quests.

1-Sasha- As she helps you send gifts to others, she gives you a sen-sasha-nal gift of 10,or 25% energy pack to send to a friend.

2-Hank- He could give you a level 5 or 10 pet treat.

3-Misty- She could give you a random pet egg or even a Misty-cal egg.

4-Clint- He could give you mount bucks or a feed voucher.

5-Pagas- He could give you a random dna.

The quest itself could see you shimmy on down the well to an underground cavern that is waterlogged. You could have to find 20 buckets or hose pipes to enable you to drain the water, these could be whacked up or fished for. Maybe you would need to wear the divers helmet or use gilly weed.

There could be an achievement called "Well dweller" to obtain it do all 5 quests, then 10,15,20.

This quest could be on a weekly basis like the Tame a mount from Clint.

I had this idea a while ago...can you do it please?
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 7:00 AM
Flybaby
Hey Elsastar96,

That sounds like a fun idea & I love the title! ...

Maybe we could throw our sugarless drinks down the well while we're at it. LOL
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2021 at 8:07 AM
Flybaby
Nick,
re: the Cenote cactus quests:

The cool-down says "Catching a Cactus" but when the quest is ready, it says "Fishing Cactus Nitrogen."

I understand that "Fishing Cactus Nitrogen" is technically the 1st of 3 cactus quests, but it has been confusing for some players to see two different titles.

Is it possible to make them both read "Catching a Cactus?"

Thanks