Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 37 - August 4th, 2021
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 3rd 2021 at 10:18 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday August 4th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 3rd 2021 at 12:45 PM
AquireWhite
Is there a site where you list all the pending requests and (possibly) statuses?
It might me a good place to see if an idea has already been submitted and accepted for future updates.

I hate to keep bugging you by suggesting the same ideas time and time again.
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 3rd 2021 at 12:58 PM
AquireWhite
Has there ever been any thought to adding additional plots to the ranch or island?
20 plots is the current maximum.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 3rd 2021 at 1:59 PM
forgingaheart
i would love to be able to give each trinket set a name or label, like mana, energy, nothings, diggery, and so forth

so any chance?
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 3rd 2021 at 3:02 PM
Russel Denton
I have a few thoughts/idea’s

1-Starting this year for the Creature of Coppers, it was made harder for the players to level up the mount creatures for this mini-event by taking away the option of switching levels etc, yet however it is still allowed for the pets of the creature of coppers to use pet treats/DNA, I was thinking to disallow the usage of pet treats/DNA for the creatures of Copper so it is fair for all players and puts everyone at a fair playing field too, and yes I know a few players won’t like it but this way it is fair for everyone, if this idea’s is frowned upon then let us level up the mounts like we did before it was changed then, what it boils down to is what’s good for the goose is also good for the gander…food for thought

2- I suggested this a few Q/A’s ago, but seeing how we have now trinket sets, it would be good if we could also equip a collar to our pets which we could also equip trinkets, but the collar would remain the same even if we switch pets, and like the trinkets sets which we can switch we can do the same for the collar one too, if that makes sense

3-Was wondering if we could get some mangroves to add to our ranch and they would be placed on the water, like they are supposed to be, also if we could get a wattle tree added perhaps they look lovely in flower with the yellow flowers, perhaps add the wattle as a xmas tree type items to get in the xmas event maybe

4- DUAL pets – basically this is merging two pets already at level 40 and merging them, for example the weiner dog has 20% of event items and you want to merge it with the gryphon pet which does quest items at 15%, when merged the two would look like a weiner dog and gryphon merged and also it will have both stats from both pets…..food for thought

From Russel Denton A.K.A Wildlifeguru007/JURASSIC007
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 3rd 2021 at 5:45 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
I know its been asked before anychance we can get a report feature for the forums Sometimes theres topics that should be deleted alot sooner then later and im not sure how often the email option is looked at.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 3rd 2021 at 11:01 PM
WhackedCrafter
Hi, Nick... Not sure if you saw my suggestions for new crops, on Friday's stream, so will post here.

These are for energy crops.

Rhubarb (under 10 hrs), Cocoa Beans (10 - 12 hrs), Coffee Beans (18-20 hrs).

Also, what about having Mana crops, other than with the Super Blueberries (which I REALLY would like to see the Super Blueberries be Blueberries in the satchels instead of Lima Beans)?

And is there a set date for Dog Days?
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2021 at 2:27 AM
Russel Denton
adding on to WhackedCrafter's idea for mana crops, if it happens we need to get power crops too ok, balance it out a bit ok
42 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2021 at 3:01 AM
Last Edited August 4th 2021 at 6:36 AM
mshellgirl1969
Hello Nick, I have two tickets in and one happened over the weekend. Can you please check into them?
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2021 at 5:35 AM
Last Edited August 4th 2021 at 7:14 AM
VikingHelga
Hi Nick, just wanted to Thank You for fixing the seed-dispenser-birdhouse.
Big thanks to you and everybody at CNE.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2021 at 8:00 AM
Flybaby
Hi Nick
Another suggestion in addition to Mana Crops...

How about a fountain like the one in the Caustic Chasm where we could "bank" our excess mana (or power) for future use.
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2021 at 1:12 PM
Bobbi Brown
Nick, I appreciate that you lowered the wait times for earlier hubs, but I really think that you should eliminate waits for all past hubs. Also, some "waits" require multiple repeat quests that are just masked waits. When progress is stalled, and players have nothing to do and no where to whack, the game becomes very tedious. I sent you a ticket that getting into the tunnels at Cenote required 9 days of wait plus repeat quests. If I would have been able to move forward and set aside the hub, it would have been fine, but for 9 days, all I could do was whack in finished areas. It is too much.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2021 at 2:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2021 at 2:06 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
AquireWhite wrote:

Is there a site where you list all the pending requests and (possibly) statuses?
It might me a good place to see if an idea has already been submitted and accepted for future updates.

I hate to keep bugging you by suggesting the same ideas time and time again.

I appreciate the concern AquireWhite! We do have a massive spread sheet with all the suggestions over the years. I've been meaning to convert that into a public board where players can vote on ideas and suggest new ones, but just haven't had the time to put that together, and am worried about the management overhead of it. I'm still considering it.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2021 at 2:08 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
AquireWhite wrote:

Has there ever been any thought to adding additional plots to the ranch or island?
20 plots is the current maximum.

It's been suggested there be more added when you buy plots on the Lake Island, as thats how you earn the Dirt Plots from your ranch. There are balance concerns that I haven't had a chance to give some quality thought to yet, but I like the idea for sure!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2021 at 2:10 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
forgingaheart wrote:

i would love to be able to give each trinket set a name or label, like mana, energy, nothings, diggery, and so forth

so any chance?

That's a great idea! It's a bit of tech work to do so, but I'll certainly consider it.
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2021 at 2:21 PM
Hongkongelder1130
thanx for getting bastille day ready at the drop of a hat
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2021 at 2:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

I have a few thoughts/idea’s

1-Starting this year for the Creature of Coppers, it was made harder for the players to level up the mount creatures for this mini-event by taking away the option of switching levels etc, yet however it is still allowed for the pets of the creature of coppers to use pet treats/DNA, I was thinking to disallow the usage of pet treats/DNA for the creatures of Copper so it is fair for all players and puts everyone at a fair playing field too, and yes I know a few players won’t like it but this way it is fair for everyone, if this idea’s is frowned upon then let us level up the mounts like we did before it was changed then, what it boils down to is what’s good for the goose is also good for the gander…food for thought

2- I suggested this a few Q/A’s ago, but seeing how we have now trinket sets, it would be good if we could also equip a collar to our pets which we could also equip trinkets, but the collar would remain the same even if we switch pets, and like the trinkets sets which we can switch we can do the same for the collar one too, if that makes sense

3-Was wondering if we could get some mangroves to add to our ranch and they would be placed on the water, like they are supposed to be, also if we could get a wattle tree added perhaps they look lovely in flower with the yellow flowers, perhaps add the wattle as a xmas tree type items to get in the xmas event maybe

4- DUAL pets – basically this is merging two pets already at level 40 and merging them, for example the weiner dog has 20% of event items and you want to merge it with the gryphon pet which does quest items at 15%, when merged the two would look like a weiner dog and gryphon merged and also it will have both stats from both pets…..food for thought

From Russel Denton A.K.A Wildlifeguru007/JURASSIC007

1) I did add a way to level up a mount using Mount Bucks to somewhat even the playing field between training mounts versus pets. It's not quite as convenient as Pet Treats, as you can only level up a mount one level at a time, due to having to feed it to choose the bonus odds, but that's the paradigm we're working with, and I'm okay with mounts being harder to train. You can still use your Mount Bucks you've saved up, like you can use the Pet Treats and DNA you've saved up.

2) The pet trinket collar idea has been suggested before, and I do think it's a neat idea! Something I've been considering.

3) Mangroves on the water would be very cool! And I've added a Wattle Tree to our ranch item suggestions. Thanks!

4) Merging pets is a very interesting idea. It might be a bit art-intensive, thinking how to combine the assets for all possible combinations. Something to consider.
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2021 at 2:22 PM
AquireWhite
I appreciate the concern AquireWhite! We do have a massive spread sheet with all the suggestions over the years. I've been meaning to convert that into a public board where players can vote on ideas and suggest new ones, but just haven't had the time to put that together, and am worried about the management overhead of it. I'm still considering it.

What about the idea of turning over the spreadsheet to a set of players to manage for you? Could be posted on the BW2 Wiki.
Something to think about.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2021 at 2:24 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

I know its been asked before anychance we can get a report feature for the forums Sometimes theres topics that should be deleted alot sooner then later and im not sure how often the email option is looked at.

Fair point, Matthew! I'm not sure we've got the resources to add such a feature to the forums at the moment, but I'll see what we can do.