Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Q&A 36 - July 27th, 2021
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 2:51 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
sjemb wrote:

I have several "event" companions. These all have a boost of 20% at level 40. If I go to Pagas for augmentation it costs a purple DNA to get a boost of 20%. All the other qualities can be augmented to 30%. What am I missing? Why would I spend a purple DNA to get what I already have?

I double checked and this is intentional. The Holiday Bonus augmentation is there so you can give it to a pet that doesn't have it.
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 2:51 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Good luck with your 2nd shot hope u dont feel like u got hit by a truck we still need you to work on the game ;)
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 2:53 PM
Flybaby
nice idea, TheCatWhispurrer

In addition to that, maybe an attic, basement, or garage for our ranches would be nice. We could show off our storge items, instead of hiding them in our tardis sheds.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:01 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
I agree with you, Flybaby. Though, the concept of a basement or attic has already been suggested many times.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:01 PM
Russel Denton
Adding onto catwhisperers idea about our golf courses, why not let us choose how we use the land, and that might save devs time in creating a special area for zoo etc, just a thought
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Hey nick I think we could use a few things despite what some people think.

1. Fishing a new lvl of fishing bait

2. I know we can swap pets and trinkets etc but it would be so much easier if we had a non vip not everyone uses vip quest item bait mainly for michin im sure im not the only one that sees fishing as a chore.

3. I know people would like some more plots then the current 20 any updates on more plots.

4. Its been quite awhile since we had new crops i think the explorers leuge tent. Can we get some new ones maybe soybean fruit trees apples cherry etc new short and new long ones maybe a artificial plant like theres a plant based burger for laughs.

5. Feels like there should be a achievement for have all 4 skins for the pandaclaw i have 4 and skins on all 4 lol.

1 more and im done SOmeone wanted a robot themed area a sci fi zone would be pretty cool.

I think thats it for now.

1) We're certainly due for a new tier of fishing bait! It will either be in the Prismatic Passage or the next region.

2) I see the appeal in a quest bait, particularly for Michin fishing. That quest is intended to be a big challenge (in patience I suppose!), so don't feel like you have to tackle it all in one go! Maybe finish your daily session with a small michin fishing session. You'll eventually get them all!

3) Yes it has been requested to have more plots, particularly since the addition of the Lake Islands! It's in consideration.

4) Sure! We're over do for a new crop. I'll consider adding one for later in the Prismatic Passage or in the next region. Great suggestions, thank you.

5) We try to avoid achievements for events that would require more than one year to complete. We want each achievement to be achievable in one run of the event. But it certainly does feel achievement worthy!

6) A robo sci-fi zone would be fun! I'll consider something like that.

Thanks Matthew!
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:06 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Exactly my point, Russell Denton.
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:08 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Yeah exactly nick im on my last 40 michin.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:08 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Wisteria04 wrote:

When doing Crop Research in the Plant Splicer 3000, would it be possible to have a toggle at the bottom (where "Sort By Grow Time", "Gold Crops" and "Energy Crops" are) called "Research Crops"? When clicked it would show ONLY the crops that need research. Thanks for your consideration.

Good idea, Wisteria! I'll note it down to consider adding in a future update.
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:10 PM
Last Edited July 27th 2021 at 3:11 PM
BarbZak
Hey Nick..

Would you please make it so that all items we get from events etc can also be placed on our golf course like it is on our ranch/island ranch.

example: bouncy castle/kids tent

plzz and thanks

Good luck getting your 2nd shot..without any issues.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:11 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

@ Matthew... there are actually 5 Pandaclaws, and I have all 5. I'm stoked that No. 5 got to be Black. My others are 2 Orange, 2 Green, and 1 Grey. I have them on my Ranch (pen in with Flux Tile) for the time being. And more plots would be awesome, but Nick as said no to that idea for quite some time.

I LOVE Wisteria04 idea for the Splicer.

Nick, I sent you my question, via email, the other day, haven't heard back.

Lastly, hope you get no side-effects or very little with your 2nd shot tomorrow.

Be safe

Adding more dirt plots is one of those ideas I'd have to balance carefully is all.

Sorry I haven't gotten to your email yet, WhackedCrafter! I'll try to get to it soon.

Thanks for the good hopes!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

howdy folks, i have a few idea's

1- i know this has been suggested before , but the ability to combine older trinkets to make them into better ones, For example, we can only combine max mana/power trinkets together etc

2- make blueberry seeds drop more often now that we can research them

3- CRAZY IDEA ALERT - have Nate and the princess get married, and they have kids which turn out to be the cause of the apocalypse and we have to stop them, it could be like a mini-event

4- Have the town crier find out he has kids( all grown up ) living in the commons and he has not realised and has a family reunion etc, again another mini-event

5- i have noticed a lot of players, don't like the "special bushes", because they keep spawning after you found all the puzzle pieces, will this change for part 2 or is it being thought about?

hope you all like the idea's

1) Yes! And we always add combines with each area update. Some were added in Prismatic Part 1, and I think another in Prismatic Part 2. Each combine trinket uses 4 or so older trinkets, and a megacombine uses 6-8 combine trinkets.

2) I'll consider adding more Super Blueberry drops. In the mean time you'll just have to keep getting those Quester's Satchels.

3) This is a radical idea! Not sure how I'd represent the apocalypse but I'll give it some thought.

4) The Town Crier family idea is a cute one! Will consider it.

5) I'm considering having the special bushes not stick around after you complete the quest in Part 2, by popular request.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:18 PM
WhackedCrafter
@Barb... I've given up on decorating my Golf Course. I appreciate what Nick has updated with it and inventory, but there are just so many limitations just not worth doing it anymore. Doesn't matter anyways, players don't do my contests anymore anyways.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:19 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
FishyIsUnique wrote:

I heard someone last night, stating they had just received their "umpteenth panda claw"

My post got posted on a whole new thread, RE: scuba helmet... Please if you wouldn't mind checking it there?. If I had to try to move it here, it could take the rest of my life to figure out... I'm so sorry

No worries, FishyIsUnique! I replied to that thread. Here it is:

You will need the Scuba Helmet for this achievement. Make sure to double check your hat inventory (search by name), just in case. Otherwise, send me a ticket from your account and I'll have a peek.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:20 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

According to PAGAS, I've had 7 Pandaclaw pets. I'm assuming the 1st pandaclaw questline was in 2015.

This sounds about right.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:22 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
TheCatWhispurrer wrote:

Maybe I'm early here; I have trouble with time zones other than CST and EST. Anyways, one small idea: A country club for the mini-golf courses. Decorate it however you wish, and allow for doing something other than play miniature golf on the land. It's so freaking huge, you could place pet, mounts, as well as extra customization items on the lots. All my other ideas/suggestions, you already know so I won't bother you with those.

This is a fun idea! At this point, I'd rather give players new zones to decorate like that so players don't feel like they have to choose to keep a minigolf course or not.

I had a similar idea for the Zoo, where you could decorate a cafe of sorts on the property, like you do your ranch.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:23 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Good luck with your 2nd shot hope u dont feel like u got hit by a truck we still need you to work on the game ;)

Thanks Matthew!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:24 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

nice idea, TheCatWhispurrer

In addition to that, maybe an attic, basement, or garage for our ranches would be nice. We could show off our storge items, instead of hiding them in our tardis sheds.

Yes! This! I'm all for adding more spaces for you all to flex your decorating skills.
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:25 PM
Last Edited July 27th 2021 at 3:26 PM
BarbZak
@whackedcrafter...

All Nick has to do is code it that all items etc can be allowed 3 diff areas,(ranch,island and golf course)..I would think!!!

sorry whacked , I know you loved decorating ..your areas.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2021 at 3:25 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

Adding onto catwhisperers idea about our golf courses, why not let us choose how we use the land, and that might save devs time in creating a special area for zoo etc, just a thought

I really appreciate this thought! However, there's a lot of mini-golf specific functionality tied up with the mini golf zone. So rather than untangle that, I figure it would be easier just to add more zones with flexible purposes, like the Lake Island.