Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Q&A 31 - June 17th, 2021
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:05 PM
WhackedCrafter
My Mazes stay up until the Saturday after the events end. Takes me hours and hours and days to put up and just minutes to take down.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:07 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
I know how that is, Whacked.

Hi, Nick, hope everything went well with the wedding officiate.
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:09 PM
Bobbi Brown
I don't agree with suggestions about voting. Limited voting can only work when we have access to all of the scenes. If we can only see a few of them, then voting is irrelevant
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:10 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
AquireWhite wrote:

When visiting Natalie to turn in Trophy Items, would it be possible to select multiple items to turn in at the same time?

I don't typically run directly to her for turn-ins until I have a number of items for her. It becomes a lot of clicks to turn in 5 different items at one time.

I do have a suggestion in the forums ;)

I can see the convenience in adding this! I'll note it down to consider for a future update. Thanks!
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:11 PM
WhackedCrafter
We are friends, cat and buddys!!!
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:13 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
So I noticed; you do have a very interesting maze set up. Kind of reminds me of my ranch and island. Can't wait until I can get my island cleared so I can finish decorating it.
Mini Jurassic Park.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:16 PM
Last Edited June 17th 2021 at 2:17 PM
WhackedCrafter
My Maze change all the time. Are you a member of my discord? Then you could play me contests and possibly win a gift basket. Right now, the maze is 3 contests in one. You need help in clearing bushes on your island?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
TheCatWhispurrer wrote:
@Nick:

One other idea: Tram Customization or Mount Item; you have to buy extra cars for the main tram to pull and it rides on a track that you have to purchase rails for (like the golf pieces) along with turning pieces. If Mount, then you can purchase extra skins to change its appearance, too. Either that, or directional tiles that mounts can only move in one direction on, but still include turning pieces. Visitors to your ranch can ride them, too.. Starts and stops at the same location, or, platform. This would be a tough one, I'm sure, but fun all the same.

A very neat idea! I can totally see the appeal of customizing your own train tacks at your ranch. I recall a similar suggestion a while back. I'll make sure this is noted down to consider for a future update.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:17 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bobbi Brown wrote:

I think that the chat rooms should be renamed after gems... just for fun. I would like to chat in an emerald room.

That a fun idea, Bobbi! I'll keep it in mind.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:17 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Cool!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bobbi Brown wrote:

Does this mean that nuptials are imminent? We need a mini event for that!

Very imminent! On Monday! I'll consider something like that maybe after the fact.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:20 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Congratulations, Nick!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:31 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

i have a few Idea's/Suggestions..here they are

1 - For the Spring event/Halloween Event i think we need more categories for winners, i was thinking the categories could go something like this perhaps
- Overall Winners
- Players who used the most same type of flower
- Players with the most scenic designs
- Players with the most colourful
( i have seen some really colourful design which did not win which deserve it)

2- For derringer who makes you a rune, his current cooldown is roughly 145 days , this is too long considering other cooldowns are 5 days or less, could we reduce the cool down period for derringer perhaps to something more reasonable like 2 weeks or even 20days would be reasonable enough

3- i noticed a few players last Q/A suggested we get rid of a event to make things easier , i reckon we get rid of the dogs day of summer, but still i think it should be voted on by the players via a poll or some sort of system

4- any chance of fixing your censor for chat, cause when you released that LGBTQ package with the peacock, any player who typed peacock, it would show up as peaquack, maybe you could let word's like that be allowed instead of being censored perhaps,

5- this idea I got from a game I played long ago called miscrits, they implemented a system where you had all you doubles, and you would select 4 and place them in slots, and click a button and it would turn hopefully the doubles into a new pet you don't have

6- This idea came from another player, and they suggested in forum that we be allowed to research more than 1 crop at a time

7- At the current moment we can swap ALL the bonuses from one mount to another, but it would be nice if we could also be able to swap only ONE bonus from one mount to another

happy to hear folks thoughts

1) Oh, specific categories would be fun! I'll note that down to consider for Halloween and next Spring Garden event.

2) Justin originally set the cooldown for that Derringer quest with respect to how powerful or long lasting the he rewards you with. As such, I'm not sure it warrants reducing the cooldown. I do get that it is a long time to wait though.

3) Noted! Thanks for your input on which event to skip next year.

4) Yeah, we had the censoring issue with the last peacock pet as well. I'm not familiar with the system myself, so I'd have to investigate it before I could decide how much time adjusting it would take. I'll note this down though.

5) That's a neat idea! I'll note that down to consider for the future Zoo update.

6) Allowing more than one crop to be researched is an interesting one. I'll consider maybe adding a quest, upgrade, VIP Boon that enables that maybe.

7) That would be convenient for trying to optimize a mount. I'll note it down to consider.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:31 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
One more idea for you, Nick. Customizable signs - look like all the other generic signs in BushWhackia, only you can fix it so they can say quick messages or labels of your own.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:37 PM
WhackedCrafter
how is it going on the ability to search in the ranch store and our inventory?
68 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:37 PM
ajv1
Congratulations on your Monday wedding, Nick!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:40 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mshellgirl1969 wrote:

I was wondering what odds the space whale ended up with? How many sold? Thanks so much.

I believe they settled at -36% Nothings with 155 proud whale owners.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:43 PM
WhackedCrafter
Nick my whale never has gone past -9.9% nothings
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:51 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
BarbZak wrote:

Spring /Haunted Mansion Event scenes.

I say we players should be the ones selecting the winners
(SOME were overlooked again.)

*******IT sure would be nice/better too Make it that Every player gets to vote once for their favourite scene in the latter two events.*******

Moreover. I like the 1 bonus swap idea from Russel.

Flybabywrote:

Spring/Halloween Contests

I think it makes sense to limit the number of votes to a total of 5 per contest event.

We could use all 5 votes for one favorite scene, or split our 5 votes up between 5 different entries.

Another option could be a limit of 3 votes per day. They work the voting in a similar way on shows like Dancing with the stars, etc.

Or ... remove the voting altogether and have the Devs vote on the best entries.
The players can still enjoy viewing them.

I see what both of you are saying. Different voting schemes have different advantages and disadvantages. One of the key problems to tackle with our screenshot contests is voting on thousands of different entries. We can't expect every player to give each submission a look over, as that would take forever and we couldn't guarantee anyone would. So we settled on the ELO Rating method, where each vote is a contest between two submissions.

The results of these ELO ranked submissions are what the community at large has determined were the best, given the diverse tastes of each individual player. These top submissions are given the Community Choice awards, effectively chosen by you.

On top of this, we task each Codename employee to review the top few pages of submissions and choose their favourite 3. I compile those results into 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

I hope that better explains how it's currently done. I do appreciate your feedback and suggestions regarding the screenshot contest voting.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th 2021 at 2:55 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

Are you working on the next level update after the upcoming new level update or are we going to have to wait another almost 3 years, again?

My priorities, subject to change and outside of the regular event schedule, are:
- Prismatic are update part 1
- Endless Flux Dungeon
- Prismatic are update part 2
- Prismatic Nate adventure
- Prismatic Kaine adventure
- Prismatic quest hub
- Quality of Life update
- Explorer's League (final?) part
- Zoo
- Next are update