Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 28 - May 26th, 2021
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2021 at 10:33 AM
Last Edited May 26th 2021 at 2:10 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday May 26th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
25 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2021 at 3:14 PM
FishyIsUnique
Hi Nick,
More of a thought that would be helpful (at least for me)...,
Is in the lists throughout the game and events, of individual quests, having a more thorough explanation of what and more importantly, Where the quests or the people are that are involved. (example; In the hunt for clues on coconuts, to find coconut 3, I need to talk to Juan-Diego.. Where is Juan Diego? I'm running around asking/talking to everyone. in hopes someone will say they are Juan Diego.), (Example: I'm supposed to help someone find big fat worms for fish bait er something... who, what, where the....?). So having more information pop up as I hover over the quest would really be helpful.
Thank you to you and all at CNE for doing gaming right!!!
25 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2021 at 3:16 PM
FishyIsUnique
UH The date for this is May 20th??!?!?

Today is May 25th!?!?
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2021 at 7:49 PM
Bobbi Brown
typo. It's every Wednesday
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2021 at 11:32 PM
Last Edited May 26th 2021 at 12:07 PM
Russel Denton
I have a few idea's/thoughts

- i know we have the option of not voting for entries in the spring event/halloween event, but still a few entries which have nothing on their plot/event area are getting in, can we have a stricter policy for entering of sorts please

- Is the player council still going or is it dead and buried like the titanic...lol

- on the note of the player council, i was thinking sub-divide it up in smaller groups like players who would like to only suggest pets/mounts etc, or game play in general and such

- this is in continuation from someone's idea last Q/A about the judges not being in balance with seeds etc......why not have each judge give out tokens in these allotments Judge 1 - 5 tokens, Judge 2 - 10 tokens, Judge 3 - 15 tokens, Judge 4 - 20 tokens and last judge 20 tokens...just a thought

- seeing how you added new plants this year, may i suggest you add a purple rose,blue rose and a tree stump if you could

happy to hear folks thoughts

from Russel Denton
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 6:45 AM
mlmcc52
Could we get Plateau Lakes to act like a HUB when we have the Michin quest active?
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 2:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 2:07 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
FishyIsUnique wrote:

Hi Nick,
More of a thought that would be helpful (at least for me)...,
Is in the lists throughout the game and events, of individual quests, having a more thorough explanation of what and more importantly, Where the quests or the people are that are involved. (example; In the hunt for clues on coconuts, to find coconut 3, I need to talk to Juan-Diego.. Where is Juan Diego? I'm running around asking/talking to everyone. in hopes someone will say they are Juan Diego.), (Example: I'm supposed to help someone find big fat worms for fish bait er something... who, what, where the....?). So having more information pop up as I hover over the quest would really be helpful.
Thank you to you and all at CNE for doing gaming right!!!

Hi FishyIsUnique! Great suggestion. For the last several years we've tried to add important information like that to the quest descriptions. Unfortunately, many of the earlier quest do not have this. I'll consider revisiting the older quests and updating their descriptions.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 2:11 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
FishyIsUnique wrote:

UH The date for this is May 20th??!?!?

Today is May 25th!?!?

Fixed, thanks!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 2:19 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

I have a few idea's/thoughts

- i know we have the option of not voting for entries in the spring event/halloween event, but still a few entries which have nothing on their plot/event area are getting in, can we have a stricter policy for entering of sorts please

- Is the player council still going or is it dead and buried like the titanic...lol

- on the note of the player council, i was thinking sub-divide it up in smaller groups like players who would like to only suggest pets/mounts etc, or game play in general and such

- this is in continuation from someone's idea last Q/A about the judges not being in balance with seeds etc......why not have each judge give out tokens in these allotments Judge 1 - 5 tokens, Judge 2 - 10 tokens, Judge 3 - 15 tokens, Judge 4 - 20 tokens and last judge 20 tokens...just a thought

- seeing how you added new plants this year, may i suggest you add a purple rose,blue rose and a tree stump if you could

happy to hear folks thoughts

from Russel Denton

1) A good idea. I'll noted this down for Halloween and next year's spring garden event, and see if I can add additional screening to garden submissions.

2) I'm sorry I haven't reached out to the council in a long while. I'm focused on the next content update, but will take stock of everything afterwards.

3) Interesting idea! Will consider it.

4) That's an interesting idea regarding the judge/token issue. I'll consider it.

5) Great new plant ideas! I'll note those down for next year.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 2:22 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

Could we get Plateau Lakes to act like a HUB when we have the Michin quest active?

Can you go in to more detail regarding this idea? Which particular functions are you looking for when you've got the michin quest active?
74 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 2:36 PM
IamGroot
I'm betting mlmcc52 is talking about the time it takes to navigate to the fishing hole.

When you figure out the extra quick-navigate, that will help.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 2:36 PM
WhackedCrafter
Did you get my email and ticket about the glitch?

Is there a way to have players get to visit your ranch and/or other areas without being on your buddy list, like how it was in AG? So many players have wanted to play my contests, but can't because they aren't on my buddy list, and being my friend doesn't give them access either. Maybe if can have a search?
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 2:41 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
IamGroot wrote:

I'm betting mlmcc52 is talking about the time it takes to navigate to the fishing hole.

When you figure out the extra quick-navigate, that will help.

Perhaps regarding it overriding your Return button location? Regardless, I think you're right. The custom return button ought to help with a lot of these travel inconveniences!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 2:44 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

Did you get my email and ticket about the glitch?

Is there a way to have players get to visit your ranch and/or other areas without being on your buddy list, like how it was in AG? So many players have wanted to play my contests, but can't because they aren't on my buddy list, and being my friend doesn't give them access either. Maybe if can have a search?

I think strangers can already visit your ranch if they find you on Amicus, but otherwise I'm not sure they can without being friends. I'm not sure how to best let any player look up any other player to visit their ranch. I'm not certain a global player search is the way to go here.

Off the top of my head, maybe anyone wanting to invite any visitors could share a ranch-code in the chat or on the forum, and that could be plugged in the game somewhere to take you to that ranch... Food for thought!
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 2:47 PM
WhackedCrafter
It only takes 3 clicks to get to the fishing hole in Plateau Lakes. Open World Map, click on Plateau Lakes, and then click the last field in the bottom right, poof you are there and just have to climb down the ladder. That is what I have done to get my 7 Serpents.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 2:50 PM
WhackedCrafter
Nick, they can be friends and still not go to areas unless they are on buddy list, which is 2 different things. On Armor Games as long as a player was your friend, because we didn't have the stupid buddy list, they could go to your areas.

Ranch code? Explain please.
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 2:52 PM
Bobbi Brown
3 clicks, but need to load each time... michin fishin site could have used a TP... never needed it in Port Blackwood!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 2:55 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

Nick, they can be friends and still not go to areas unless they are on buddy list, which is 2 different things. On Armor Games as long as a player was your friend, because we didn't have the stupid buddy list, they could go to your areas.

Ranch code? Explain please.

The ranch code method was just an idea I had right now, but doesn't exist in the game.

I'll make a note to revisit how players visited ranches on AG and consider it for CNE Games.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2021 at 2:58 PM
WhackedCrafter
ty... I am pretty sure I am not alone in this frustration of the limits of the buddy list.

But how would one write a Ranch code? Hum, would I be able to share the link of my areas in my Discord and then players could access from the link?