Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
The Creature Collector Returns, with Kitsune Mounts!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 8th 2021 at 1:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)

Coppers of the Creature Collector

The eccentric Creature Collector has returned to the Commons, this time with mythical Kitsune mounts!

For more details, check out the blog!

And here's are the release notes!

This quest is mini event runs until noon on Wednesday January 13th, PST!
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 8th 2021 at 1:21 PM
Buck
I equiped the mount but my first of four quests has not started..
259 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 8th 2021 at 1:27 PM
kiki_ar
Same here Buck... besides leveling up, what is the 1st. quest?
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 8th 2021 at 1:34 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
The first quest, Monster Mashing, is now available! Sorry about that.
259 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 8th 2021 at 1:34 PM
kiki_ar
Now it´s fixed! :D
Thanks Nick!
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 8th 2021 at 1:42 PM
Buck
All better now!! thank you
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 8th 2021 at 10:57 PM
DocHoneydew
Swapping buffs between mounts doesn't count for levelling them up. :(
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 9th 2021 at 3:14 AM
old neller
it always counted before, why not now, i swapped buffs from a level 15 mount, so i would have to be level 23 before i get my count in for red pack and a page in my book
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 10th 2021 at 2:52 PM
Last Edited January 10th 2021 at 4:14 PM
BarbZak
One does not have to be level 23 for a page in CCBook as long as all 4 quests are done and 9 Creature levels are attained...A page will be added..IMO
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th 2021 at 9:33 AM
Last Edited January 11th 2021 at 9:34 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I used to swap buffs too. I read the release notes & saw this change. Disappointing because I'm not a fan of leveling mounts.

Quote from release notes-
*Swapping your event mount with a higher level mount doesn't count towards event progress
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th 2021 at 9:37 AM
Last Edited January 11th 2021 at 9:40 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I find it tedious to level mounts. I decided to go ahead and play along & if I still want the mount will swap after the event is over.

I almost skipped this event because of this change. Oh well...
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th 2021 at 10:01 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Nick,

The problem with not allowing swapped buffs to count is players like me are probably going to pass on buying a new mount. You're making me think through my purchase & without the extra benefit of the levels counting it's not worth it to me.
The only mounts I have purchased recently were in this event.

If you do the same to using pet treats I will more than likely pass on buying a pet too unless I really really like it.

Bottom line is it takes away my incentive to purchase one of these mounts/companions.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th 2021 at 11:51 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
I appreciate the feedback, folks! Some explanation on the Swap change is warranted:

Using Pet Treats and DNA and Bush Bucks to get progress for this event with Pets is perfectly fine and will continue to be a way to accelerate your progress.

Swapping a max level mount for 50 Mount Bucks doesn't seem nearly so balanced, which is why I made the change.

To help with how challenging it is to level mounts, these event mounts now get Double XP during the mini-event, and doesn't cost anything. I may even crank this up in future mount editions of this mini-event, depending on how this one goes.

I plan to add similar ways to buy levels for your Mounts from Client, via Mount Bucks and Bush Bucks, much like you can for Pets. It's a bit trickier with Mounts, as you can only do it one level at a time due to how the bonuses are selected and assigned.

I hope that explains it! Would appreciate any further feedback you might have on this.
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th 2021 at 11:55 AM
Last Edited January 11th 2021 at 12:01 PM
BarbZak
Nick... what do u mean by balanced for swapping mounts for 50 mount bucks. ????

I did level 12 pretty fast tho with extra xp so ty for that...(I will not buy this mount.)I use a fav mount all the time so...
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th 2021 at 12:47 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I don't understand what you said either Nick. I have over 500 Mount Bucks and no other way to spend them. Color me confused...

Maybe it's just me but it's not how fast each level takes. It's the tedium of picking bonuses (buffs). Making sure I don't miss a level then have to go back & remove unwanted bonuses. Some like it, I don't and that's okay and why I like to pay for the ability.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th 2021 at 2:08 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Sorry for the confusion. Perhaps I can do a better job explaining my thoughts here.

50 Mount Bucks for up to 39 Levels on a mount is not equivalent to a level 40 Pet Treat being used on a Pet. This is the balance I'm trying to strike, particularly with regards to progressing through this mini-event.

This mini-event progress is intended to reward effort spent leveling a pet or mount, whereas that 50 Mount Buck investment to swap mount levels and bonuses isn't creating any new mount levels, but just changing what existing levels are on which mount.

My goal is to make this mini-event enhance the fun of leveling a new mount. During this event, you can level a mount faster than normal, and get additional rewards for doing so, which includes Bush Bucks and a Pristine Feed Voucher!

I plan to add another way to spend your Mount Bucks to gain levels for your Mount, that's on-par with buying levels for your pets with DNA.
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2021 at 1:42 PM
BarbZak
ok Nick that sounds alike a goood idea..I did enjoy leveling event mount so fast to level 12.

UMM,,, maybe change xp..for leveling new and existing mounts as well.!!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2021 at 3:45 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Nick
I would like to use mount bucks to swap or copy the bonuses w/o leveling.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2021 at 5:58 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Interesting ideas, you two. Regarding swapping bonuses without levels, I'm not sure this could be done. Excluding base bonuses, a mount has bonuses relative to its levels. They're intrinsically linked, as each level adds 0.5% to a particular bonus, so if you're swapping bonuses, the levels have to swap to.

I hope that explains it too. Let me know if I misunderstood your suggestion.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2021 at 11:36 PM
Last Edited January 12th 2021 at 11:52 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Nick
I was asking to swap the bonuses at their starting % then level as normal. How about level up for each bonus picked to swap/copy? Then they would have the correct starting % so nothing is out of balance at max level. Isn't that similar to how removing a bonus works?