Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Q&A 11 - January 6th, 2021
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:12 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964:

I have a lot decorations that I have a limited place to display. Could we build a museum in the Commons to display our treasures?

This is a neat idea! Which kinds of ranch items would you be looking to display in a place like that?
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:15 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
click2806:

Hello Nick, happy new year!

2 questions:
1) is it possible to report yellow text (/me text) in chat in the DL, if not could this please be made possible?
2) completely unrelated, is there a cooldown on the AI puzzle, meaning is there a grace period until all puzzle pieces drop again from the Topaz dream slot machine?

Thanks for your replies :)

Hello click2806! Happy new year to you too. To answer your questions:

1) I've added this to the bug list! Sorry about that. As you've noticed, emotes in the Desktop Launcher exclude the clickable name text used to report. I'll fix that when I have some time.

2) I don't believe there is a cooldown on the AI puzzle. Any reason why you suspect there might be one?
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:15 PM
BarbZak
Nick..what is the ctrl key to refresh for Q&A I cannot rem it..
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Ralmap:

Good timing!! Something just came up this morning while I was looking through my achievements. This may have come up before, but there are some 'no longer' available' achievements. Like in Legacy..4 Christmas ones and 4 endangered species ones. There is another pet site I play on that has retired items, or old giftpacks, that once a year, they rerelease a couple for a limited time, then they go 'back in the vault' for a year or few years. Just wondering if there could ever be during a special event where some could be available for a short time?

That's a neat suggestion, Ralmap! We sometimes re-run legacy content, like the April Fools mini-events, making those achievements attainable for players who previously missed them. I'll consider it for future events.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:20 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
MadManix:

Hi Nick,

No questions: just a Happy New Year and a grateful "cheers" (aka thank you) for the bug-fix during a Holiday weekend!

Hi MadManix! You're very welcome and sorry for the problems over the holiday. Happy New Year to you too!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Speaking of which, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, here's compensation in the form of a coupon code:

XMAS-BUGS-COMP-2020

Redeem it before March 1st for 4 Large Energy Packs. Make sure you have room in your inventory!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:24 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hellen:

Hi Nick. In my inventory (key items tab) I've found several objects that do not seem to be necessary any longer:
1. Weird Cacti, Crystal Teeth, Ornate Orbs and Lizardskin Wraps - the corresponding quests were turned in long ago.
2. Salty Puzzle Pieces - the puzzle is complete.
3. Spring Pet Piece - the new Holidoll Cat companion is obtained.
May be these items should be removed?

Some of these will already get removed next time you return to the Commons. I'll make note to do the same for the other ones! I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:25 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Ctrl + R, BarbZak!
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:28 PM
BarbZak
ty Nick....
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:32 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Gameman:

Hi Nick
I have a few questions i am at level 433 now almost heading the cap - I am currently just past the cloud city
1. How do i find a seeder so i can plant all crops all at once.
2. How do i able to access to the banana plantation to get more energy.

Hi Gameman! To answer your questions:

1. The seed spreader can be purchased in the VIP store if you have an active membership. Alternatively, it sometimes goes on sale in a premium package deal.

2. The ability to plant Bananas on your ranch is unlocked in a later area you haven't reached yet.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:33 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Oops. Yes, what phagras has already said. Thanks, phagras!
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:34 PM
Horsedancer1
Nick, I do not have to log in to the other two games I play. I just click on them. I must not have explained it right or else I do not understand your response. I am not changing users and do not have two accounts.

"I can see how it would be frustrating to regularly have to change between two accounts for the Desktop Launcher. Currently it works like a version of the Codename Games website, which similarly requires you to log out and log back in to change users. Unlike it though, it doesn't have any auto-fill settings that your browser may have to make that easier. I'll consider adding something like "saved users" to mimic that in the Desktop Launcher."
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:35 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Elsastar96:

Would it be possible to add a use 5,10 etc button to the small blue energy packs? But also keep the use 1, 2, 3 etc?

I can see the utility in this suggestion. I'll note it down to consider for a future update. Thanks for sharing it with us.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:39 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Marmalade:

Hi Nick,
I have been wondering if it would be possible to create a sticky screen for the puzzles? For organizing puzzle pieces and being able to keep that organization for the next time we open the puzzle?

Hi Marmalade! So the puzzle will remember the pieces you've put into it already, but as you've noticed, not the position of any pieces you haven't put into place yet. I can certainly see how it would be handy to have it remember, however adding this feature may be more work that you might initially think. I'll note it down to consider. Thanks for the suggestion!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:48 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Horsedancer1:

Oh, Marmalade's idea is great if we get some new puzzles! I would like to see different puzzles in the FLUX with fewer pieces, so it would be fun again. I totally do NOT like the same 144 piece puzzle over and over. BORING!! We could find 1/2 a portion of the dust, etc. Or better yet open up a new territory. Thanks!

I totally get how the same puzzle would get tiring! I'll try to put something more interesting together for the next Flux along with the next content area. Thanks for the feedback.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:50 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
BarbZak:

Is there a way we can have a delete button in the quest bar, for deleting quests clicked by accident..(IE Molten Serpent Stones for Michin).

I agree this would be a nice feature for repeatable quests like the one you mention, and the Commons daily quests. It's on my list of suggestions already, and I'll consider it for a future update. Thanks!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:52 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Horsedancer1:

Nick, I do not have to log in to the other two games I play. I just click on them. I must not have explained it right or else I do not understand your response. I am not changing users and do not have two accounts.

If you're clicking a user shortcut for your browser, then that's still a feature of your browser (that's super handy!). It's something not present in the Desktop Launcher at the moment, and I'll consider adding it.
20 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:55 PM
Bugoira
Thank you for considering, Nick! And thank you for a wonderful game; you all do a wonderful job!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 3:58 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
So glad to hear you enjoy playing Bush Whacker 2, Marmalade :) . I'll pass your praise along to the rest of the team!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2021 at 4:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for all the great questions, and I hope those quietly reading this after the fact find it informative.

Hope to talk to you in this Friday's dev chat session! Ta ta for now!