Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Q&A 9 - December 9th, 2020
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 2:58 PM
Flybaby
Nick, thanks for the updates to the Trinket Sets, but now every time I try to switch sets, I freeze up and have to reboot the game. It's happened 3 times so far, and now I'm afraid to click on them. Anyone else having this problem?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Wackalott wrote:

Hi Nick are we going to get a reload button on the DL before the browser is finished ?

I understand this would be a convenient feature, but I will not have time to implement it before the end of the year. Apologies!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:05 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Dutchgirl79 wrote:

Hi Nick,

Will Derringer ever be able to get into his house?

Not at this rate. He's too busy creating runes!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:11 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Horsedancer1 wrote:

Hi Nick. I still have to log in each time I want to play the d/l version of the game on my Win 10 system. Also, I have to log out and then back in again before any new features show up, including the "!" that show the characters have quests or start new events. Can this be fixed? The d/l version is much slower than the online Big Fish version that I was playing. Thanks for your help.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Desktop Launcher, Horsedancer1.

Just to be clear, you have checked the "Remember Me" option on the Desktop Launcher before logging in? And it does not auto-fill your information next time you open the launcher?

If so, I'm going to need more information to properly attempt to debug what is wrong with your setup, that isn't allowing the DL to securely store your login information. Please submit either a support ticket or email naming your Operating System (Mac/OS), account name, and I'll see what I can do.

Regarding reloading the game to get game updates, it's the same as it was in the browser. You have to relaunch the Desktop Launcher like you had to reload the webpage for the browser version.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:12 PM
WhackedCrafter
Will we be able to skin the walls on the Island, soon? Also, LOVE the new Gen 13 Pets. I saved Misty just for this. Is Christmas Event going to be this Friday?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Horsedancer1 wrote:

Also is it possible to add cc to the live session? I can't hear and understand the session. Thanks.

Unfortunately we don't have the resources to supply live closed captions to the Twitch stream.

However, we upload videos of each stream to our Codename Entertainment YouTube channel. Youtube features computer-generated closed captions which you can enable by pressing the [CC] button on the bottom right of the video.

Here's a link to the Bush Whacker Weekly playlist on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdnvnkn_02qHTrsXsfZuwmgob8oSUV6-J
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:20 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Nicole Vaillancourt wrote:

When will we have the new quest ?

Can I add a new caractere in my game ?

Hi Nicole! Our next major content release will be the next area, if that's what you're after. We hope to have it ready sometime early in the new year.

A new character? If you mean to have another BW2 account to play through the game, you can do so by creating a new Codename Games account with a separate email.

If that's not what you mean, let me know!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:22 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Saenz Family wrote:

I also have to keep logging in on the downloaded version. And when it freezes which it does when I've been playing for a long time then I again have to log in again.

Sorry to hear that! I hope to do some optimizations in the future, which will hopefully make the game run faster for you.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:23 PM
Last Edited December 9th 2020 at 3:32 PM
WhackedCrafter
Yahoo!!! Just found my 1st Gen 13 egg!!! Cootie... 1st time in my life happy to get Cooties
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:25 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
SasseyWabbit wrote:

Can I have a booster seat for my mounts? I can't see over their heads. :D

Some of the mounts are very tall! A booster seat could be useful haha!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:29 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Gozolady wrote:

Derringer has recently appeared both at his house and in the Spring Thicket, runemaking. Is this a glitch or intentional and, if intentional, will it be permanent or just until the next section is available?

I've still got quarry items to dig up in the Shining Quarries and quests in the City of Rocksmashers, not mentioning working through the Flux and finishing the Cenote Site. It's getting very hard to choose where to go first. Stilll I suppose it keeps me playing.

Love the facility for trinket sets and the latest creature collection reindeers. Many thanks.

As Vezorbin said, this is not a glitch. He's just in two places! It will likely stay this way.

You've got lots to do! I don't think that's a problem. Though, you may benefit from just focusing on one task at a time until it's completed. I hope it would let you enjoy the content more.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:31 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Elsastar96 wrote:

Are there any plans in the pipeline to allow us to do something with the sugarless energy drinks? Sell them, change their use(somehow) or just plain remove them from satchels and gifts. I have so many of them and will probably never use them.

This has been a popular request, and I've been meaning to consider letting you sell them once I have some time.
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:31 PM
Horsedancer1
@Nickshire, I already wrote to you about having to do a total log in each time I play the game. YES I have checked "Remember Me" and the system does not remember me. I have Win 10, and I did delete the d/l game and reinstall it as you instructed. It still doesn't save my information. Other folks are having similar problems, so it isn't just my system. Thanks.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:33 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vezorbin wrote:

@Gozolady... not glitch, he is for 2 different quests. After you complete them the cooldown on both are very long.

My question: Can the walls on the island, PLEASE, be able to be skinned....PLEASE!

Will we be able to skin the walls on the Island, soon? Also, LOVE the new Gen 13 Pets. I saved Misty just for this. Is Christmas Event going to be this Friday?

Lake island themes are still on the list! I promise!

So glad you appreciate the new Gen 13 pets! And yes, the Christmas event will be starting this Friday.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:34 PM
Flybaby
Nick, Since sugarless drinks have been brought up ... I thought a great use for them would be to dress up our mannequins, but it's not letting me do that.
Could you allow us to do it in the future?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:35 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Nick, I agree with Horsedancer ...

I can hear Georgia loud and clear, but your volume is very low. A cc would help a lot. I keep switching my volume ... higher for you, and lower for Georgia. LOL

I watch livestream on my smart TV and that helps a lot with the volume and video quality.

One thing that helps a lot with low sound on the PC is to use head phones or ear buds.

Very sorry my volume was so low! I'll try to adjust it higher next time.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:35 PM
WhackedCrafter
Is there going to be other uses for the Alchemy Tokens or the Mount Bucks? I have so many of each. I only use the Mount Bucks to swap abilities with my Mounts (I have over 700 MB), but do absolutely with the 500+ AT.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:37 PM
Last Edited December 9th 2020 at 3:38 PM
WhackedCrafter
Flybaby... can't you drink the energy drink then go swap with the mannequin? I will test that now. I have an Oktoberfest Brew. I will drink it and see if can swap with mannequin.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 9th 2020 at 3:37 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Nick is there any timeline on when we'll be able to change our Island seasonal skins?

I know I sound like a broken record, but my tropical island sure looks strange with snow on it, and my parrots, and monkeys are shivering. LOL

Terribly sorry for the wait, Flybaby. There's only so much I can do at one time, and I just haven't been able to carve out the time needed to add the lake island themes yet. Your patience is very much appreciated!