Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Q&A 6 - November 18th, 2020
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:13 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Eric Sapp wrote:

I was wondering about that to and WHEN(or if) the school will open...

The school eventually reopens. But I'll never say where! You'll need to have Natalie moved into the Commons, and to have completed one of the Kaine adventures before you can start the quest chain involving this.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:19 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
elephantlady1946 wrote:

hi, Nick... this will be last time as posting as elephantlady1946, as of tonight 11:59:59pm MST my name will change to what? I don't know. I did a contest with players on chat and in my discord to name me and I will put entries into a random generator. Only rule was it had to have Zorbin in the name.

Anyways, my questions:

No. 1: Will the pets and/or mounts ever level up pass level 40?

No. 2: Also, are you aware of the Golf Piece of the Duck malfunctions? It doesn't reset back to the doable position once it has been activated.

No. 3: How hard is it to have many and/or all of the inventory items that could rotate rotate?

I have more questions, but will wait until next week to ask to see if anyone asked them and they were addressed.

Be Safe

A fun contest! Looking forward to the new name.

1) I'm playing with an idea tied to the potential Zoo update that could let you push a pet's level beyond the 40 limit. No details to share beyond that.

2) I'm aware of an intermittent problem regarding the mini golf boat pieces. The issue I'm having is being able to reproduce the error reliably! If you have any insights on how to do so, please send in a support ticket.

3) Do you mean the Ranch items? Rotating these items requires Georgia redrawing them at the different facings, which is a lot of work for her. I've been nagging her to add rotations when possible, but I'm not sure how likely it is for us to revisit all 3000+ ranch items and redraw and missing rotations. If you submit a support ticket with a short list of the ones you think need a rotation, she could pick at that when she's got time.
63 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:19 PM
Last Edited November 18th 2020 at 3:23 PM
Wackalott
Hi Nick, if I release the pets from the flux store can they be bought again ? Does the ExtraLife game machine do anything ? Also hope you raise lots of money for all the sick :)
74 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:22 PM
IamGroot
I just did event turn-ins in several different ways. I seem to receive the appropriate number of tokens no matter how I do it. Just my take.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:22 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Ralmap wrote:

This is more of a fun little thing.. I would like to go into some of the homes, huts, and buildings in some of these village areas. Maybe inside rooms could be duplicated in different areas. Many could be empty except for minimal furniture, and some have a person standing there. Some could even just have a comment like, 'oh! Didn't hear you knock.' or 'Welcome stranger!' 'Ahh! What are you doing in my house?' etc. or maybe a dog or pet barking or squawking at you.

An adorable idea. Have you been to the Salt Desert region yet? Georgia and I had made it so you can enter the huts in one of these areas. It's a fun touch!

We haven't done these for the earlier zones (the Jungle Village comes to mind). I'm not sure we will go back and add it, but we'll try to for future content.
63 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:26 PM
Wackalott
Also an idea for next gen pets ,could they be countries national flora or fauna that could be fun even merge into a hybrid pet from different countries. Would be fun guessing.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:28 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
BarbZak wrote:

hi Nick....When do we hear what decisions you have made for the polls etc,,plzz

Which polls are you curious about? Far as I know, we've done one for player Timezones, and another for stream time availability.

I believe you can look at the results of these polls here:

Timezone: https://strawpoll.com/71z7bspp9/r

Stream time availability: https://strawpoll.com/rbpjbd9xj/r

The timezone data is for us to schedule future content. The stream availability is in favour of a Friday slot, but we're keeping to Tuesdays at the moment, as it works better for our stream manager. I'll try to get it switched to Friday.

There will be some weeks Georgia won't be available for the stream, so I'll be hosting the in-game developer chat on Fridays those weeks, as they were.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:30 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Saenz Family wrote:

I love all of the above ideas. Would like to see more activity happening on our ranches.

I'd love to hear any ideas you have to get more activity on the ranch, Saenz!
465 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:31 PM
WhackedCrafter
oh, awesome about getting to level up pets. TY. But not the Mounts?

Hum... already have an idea, but would mean Georgia adding to the pieces. I will send ticket when I workout my thought, but I might have to include picture, so will email instead.

Well.. that makes sense about the rotating. I will compile a short? list.

ty for answering
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:32 PM
Flybaby
Speaking of Georgia, it would be great to see her image on screen. She's got a great voice.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:38 PM
Flybaby
Nick... on livestream you mentioned something coming up after the event, but I didn't hear what you said. Could you please repeat that for us here? Thanks
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:38 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
jpl77 wrote:

Would like to sell/release multiple pets and mounts easier.

Would like to see the ability to organize and sort our inventory.

Would like to be able to sort our titles better.

What's the update on Trinket profiles? Your previous thread got away from the main subject and went on a huge tangent.

Lastly, let's get some more massive group quests... since all platforms have made the migration how about a Happy Migration Event.

1) Yes! A faster way to release pets and mounts is still on my list. I plan to at least let you select a mount to release just like you do for a pet. Ideally, the goal would be for you to pick any number of pets/mounts from your inventory to release.

2) I'm planning on adding some different inventory category tabs, and some filters you can pick from a drop down menu. Is that what you're imagining, jpl77?

3) I think the titles are currently just sorted chronologically when they were added. Not the most convenient, I must admit! I'll note down to add a drop-down filter menu, with A-Z/Z-A at least.

4) I've mentioned the progress on the Trinket Sets in the past couple streams (I don't blame anyone for missing them! You CAN rewatch them here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/806296442 and here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/798280043). I'm going to keep it at just trinkets for now. They won't save your pet/mount/sword or costume, but I may add those optionally later on. The core of the tech is ready, and I'm going to be putting together the quest to unlock it next. You'll get 2 slots when you first unlock it, then 3 more can be purchased for Gold/Gems, like the base Trinket Slots. I hope it have it ready for after Thanksgiving.

5) I would love to put together more community quests! A "we survived the end of Flash" one might be appropriate next year, haha! I haven't had time to put any together lately. I'm focusing on content right now, so I don't intend to add any until after the next major content area is out.
38 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:40 PM
MadManix
Hi Nick,

This might seem a silly request, but would it be possible to add an ETA timer to the power bar? Right now all it says "Next energy in xx seconds". So could you add "XX hrs/min to 100%"? It's not that I don't like doing the mental math exercise myself, but it may lure lazier players back to the game when they have an (better) idea about when their energy bar will be full.

And sorry for this, but I'd like to reiterate the idea to add a +/- zoom in the launcher version. In the "Castle Interior" I had to use the map to go to a previous area and re-enter the later one because something was just out of reach and I couldn't get to it by resizing the launcher window...
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:41 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Swenlo wrote:

Hi Nick

Question about turning in ALL my ingredients at the 3 event stations.

Sometimes it's very quick and I get 1 token worth the value for all ingredients.

But other times it goes through a longer process of turning them in and seems to take forever for it to stop. It does not make a difference regarding the amount of ingredients I'm turning in.

That's very strange! Can you submit a support ticket regarding this, Swenlo? Once you do, I can take a closer look at your account and what's going on.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:42 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Kirby Bishop wrote:

? are there any new 1 epic dna pets or 2

We'll be adding new epic DNA pets with the next pet generation, which Georgia has already planned out and will start drawing soon!
18 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:44 PM
Swenlo
Thanks Nick, I'm not missing out on the rewards, it's just that sometimes it's a quick turn in vs the longer way. Not a big deal.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:47 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
elephantlady1946 wrote:

Oh, one more question (jpl77 reminded me).

No. 4: Is there a way to be able to get multiple items from the store, when placing on ranch or else where, instead of 1 at a time? Like how you made to purchase bait, make rune dust, make runes, etc?

No. 5: And if so, could the option be offered to immediately place in inventory instead of placing in area and then having to click one at a time to remove from area to he placed in inventory.

4) When you go to the Ranch Store and select an item, you can place as many of that item as you can afford, buying a new one each time you place it. That is, unless you can only own one copy of it.

5) Ah, I see what you're getting at. This option doesn't exist right now, but I'll note down the suggestion.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:49 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
BarbZak wrote:

Good point..Swenlo...I only get 3 at the most when handing in to all 3 stations..AND I seee tokens have been decreased big time in this event.???

Could it be that only 2 goober is popping out, but it's still the correct number? We had tried to reduce the number of goobers to make it easier on lower-performance computers. Particularly when some players like turning in all their event items at the end of the event all at once!
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:50 PM
BarbZak
Nick..ok I see here the info on Trinkets..I must have missed info on stream. when I was watching..

What about the infini whack poll...???
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2020 at 3:50 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
kiki_ar wrote:

Nick, you´re right, it was for the island... and I completed that quest.. I got my island...

Thanks for your answer!

Ah, so you finally turned it in and it's gone? Superb! Enjoy your private island.