Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Sets feature poll! The developer is seeking feedback!
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 7:07 AM
Elsastar96
My vote is for A...just the trinkets.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 8:20 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I vote for B. I have long wanted to be able to switch swords in addition to swapping between trinket set ups. I also like to switch pets but not my mount. Runes not expiring while not in use would be awesome!

To be able to swap a set up geared to whacking over to a digging then one that is trinkets for turning in quests with "time" trinkets set up would be awesome.
It's so tedious to do these changes as things are now.

Being able to change as a group would open up being able to use pets, trinkets & runes I don't use because of the hassle of changing everything each time.

I might even try using more than one mount if it was easier to swap.

The more I think about it the more appealing this idea is to me. It really opens up the opportunity to use more of the multitude of options the game provides.

Though many use the 100/100/100 bonus strategy not every one does nor can everyone until they get far enough in the game.

Thanks Nick!
27 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 8:26 AM
WendyInWV
I like both ideas!

Being able to keep runes that haven't run out on one sword while switching to another sword for whatever reason would be great. I suspect everyone has a favorite sword that they like to use most of the time, but that doesn't really go with various event costumes. Losing a week or so time from runes on a fav sword is a bit of a bummer.

Being able to easily change trinket sets would be a nice boon, but as others mentioned, I'd prefer to not have it tied to outfits/mounts/pets. Mounts and pets are easily exchanged. Not having to sort thru all the various trinkets to get to combinations I use most would be a lot less frustrating than checking all the various trinket bonuses when switching to different types of tasks or events.

So.. a definite yes to the runes idea, and a cautious yes to the trinket sets.

Wendy
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 8:40 AM
Last Edited October 30th 2020 at 8:49 AM
WeatherMarmalade
Would it maybe make sense to set the whole thing up as a set of sets? A trinket set, an appearance set, a 'live' set (mount/pets) etc. Arrange it so that if a set is not defined, it remains what ever the player has equipped already.

It would be one extra step for those just wanting trinkets, but it might give everyone all the options.

While I like the sword socketed idea a lot for the main idea of stat changing (and a completely separate idea), however it seems a bit easy to abuse. Set up your expensive socketed swords, as soon as you're done switch to a null sword. Maybe a reduced degradation rate for non active swords? Probably more complicated than you want to do would be a way to lock an unused socketed sword if its been 'parked' too long or not used enough in a period of time (in which case if a sword is locked, a fine of gold/gems/dusts/runes/??? could be paid, and automatically if in a Set like the main thread topic.)

And that separate idea... I'd think it would be interesting to have combo runes - mainly for spawner quests, but it would need say 1-2 rune to allow a spawner auto-whack - but a second or third rune to say what type of spawner can be whacked (people/event_people/rocks/trees/special_critters/leprechaun/etc.) or spawner, plus a bonus drop chance. I'm sure there could be other type of combo runes (fishing? pets?) Creating a narrowly defined, but theoretically power-useful sword might increase sword swapping. I realize the whole idea over complicates things, but I find it an interesting possibility.

So sum up original post answers. Trinket sets, in favor of. Full sets, also in favor of. Rune timer pausing, in favor but with reservations.

EDIT: Two more ideas.
1) If we can preserve outfit setups - could we also get a random button, to mix things up for fun?

2) An option I don't like for socketd runes, and doubt few would like, is to switch from a timer, to usage count. Trinkets to maybe give a chance to not use a use? I really don't like this, having the timer means I have to think a bit more about what I intend to do and for how long, which I think is good.
Post by WeatherMarmalade deleted October 30th 2020 at 8:42 AM
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 8:41 AM
phagras
Yeah, I'd forgotten about digging. I'm probably underestimating because I don't swap trinkets that often, largely because it's a faff. You got me thinking and I can also think of several other combinations I might use with the sets feature.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 8:46 AM
phagras
You make a good point WeatherMarmalade. If I swap to an empty sword every time I stop playing I could extend the useful life of my runes considerably without affecting my game. Perhaps that's why Justin had them continue to wear out even when not equipped.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 10:11 AM
jpl77
Nick,

Can you make fishing and diggy trinkets permanent equipment? It wastes so much time to swap to just accomplish these tasks.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 10:27 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this feature! All your opinions are incredibly valuable, and your insights eye-opening. I'll consider this feedback wholeheartedly.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 10:31 AM
ArmyMomOkc
jpl77,

That's an interesting idea. I can see it for fishing. However, there are 4 digging trinkets not including the pick.
113 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 10:35 AM
Oglethorpe1983
Having the socketed swords only count down while holding is a great idea. It would allow for people to plan ahead with things and have preset swords for different wants and needs without having to rush and get a new sword socketed every X number o days
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 10:50 AM
phagras
jpl, that reminds me of a suggestion from a while ago about having a way to equip the cosmetic trinkets without taking a slot from game-affecting ones. Perhaps we could have a special quest from Wally or Michael for a special item which will only accept one of those trinkets.
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 11:25 AM
Joyce
Trinkets - yes. Full sets - ok, yes, I've been convinced.

I'm indifferent about the rune idea. I'd prefer a way to move all runes from one sword to another without affecting the rune timer(s). I just don't see myself building multiple rune sets for different swords very often.

As a reminder would also like to see names in alphabetical order in chat and profile.

Thanks, Nick
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 11:58 AM
Last Edited October 30th 2020 at 12:00 PM
BarbZak
Just saying again:

A for me only..

Moreover,,,I do like Joyce's idea of moving runes from one sword to another, instead of having 2 swords with diff runes, (which I have had before & had forgotten that 2nd sword).
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 4:14 PM
Shelan
This is Wonderful! I've been wanting trinket sets for a while now. That said it would probably, as you said, be better to do all at the same time. As for people who are reluctant for the whole shebang, most games that have these kind of sets have a symbol (like a circle with a slash through it) to put in a slot you don't want changed. So you can same only trinkets, or only pet/mounts, or just costumes. Or just one or 3 of all of them.
Part of the reason for taking option b is that more and more people will probably eventually want other options, and it will be easier on you to just do the whole thing at once and not have to mess with it again.

I have a question. You said "Your bonuses are contributed to by your trinkets, pet, mount, and runes in your sword. So do you think each set should include all of these?" Does this mean the runes in your sword could swap out? That would be so interesting. I think it would be very useful too. If you have a sword you want to use for an outfit but the runes aren't the ones you want to use, this would be nice. But I may be looking at it too literally.

I tend not to change anything. And it is because it is so very time consuming. Or, in the case of the swords, you have to wait for the 9th blue moon when all your runes have expired because you can't spare extras, it's so hard to get ahold of them in the first place you can't afford to let them expire. So while I really like not letting them expire, I'd really rather like them to switch swords.

Thank you so much for all of this!!! Happy halloween!
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2020 at 4:43 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
Nick, when I suggested using a popup for polls I envisioned a yes or no option to vote immediately, which is something you still might consider for future things that will be less complex.

This thread had been very interesting for sure, bringing up some great ideas. For myself, I think, if it's possible, adding sets of everything, with options to slot out the pet/companion etc, would fit the bill for everyone. Providing the best of both worlds. Those that want to swap only trinkets can do so by, disabling the other options, and those that want to build full sets with trinkets, outfits, and companions could do so.
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st 2020 at 4:34 AM
Stinky
The idea is you'd have, let's say, 3 new "trinket slot" buttons in your inventory. You can save your currently equipped trinkets to any of these buttons, and then later click the button to equip those trinkets automatically.

This would let you set one to, say, your event bonus set, for when an event is running.

You could set another to quest items, for when you're on a quest.

You could set another to puzzle items, when you're trying to complete a Secret Bonus Area or Flux puzzle.
*********************************************************************************

I heart you!
1 Post
Link to post - Posted October 31st 2020 at 7:03 PM
April Perkins
I agree about the runes being able to not have them expire if the sword is not equipped and also would be nice if the stuff we need for trinket crafting could be gotten by whacking bushes and not having to spend bushbucks to get them because not everyone can afford to buy the stuff needed to craft good equipment
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st 2020 at 11:29 PM
Anubischick
April Perkins, you get the stuff for trinket crafting from friends. You should never have to spend BB's to get them.
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2020 at 8:22 PM
Cinnamonster
The "everybody wins" implementation of the trinket set feature would be to include pets/mounts/swords in it, but like Phagras said, letting players choose what they want to exclude from the set. So I could have a trinket set that includes a certain pet, and that's it. My mount/sword would just remain as whatever one I already had equipped.

I'm also curious if non-equipped swords having their rune timers paused means that we'd be able to just switch to a non-socketed sword right before logging off to keep them from running out. For the ones that just play an hour a day, that means their runes would last 24x longer than usual. It's cool if that would make everyone happy, but I'm just making sure you folks at the CNE office are considering all the angles :)