Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Need help

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2020 at 7:09 AM
pyra74
Thanks guys for the info!! I can imagine a bit how it works but it's 5 tier and I might forget already at that time haha

Oh I had no idea the talent shortens xp time to only 30 mins, I'll definitely max this one next. Actually I already put 1 point to those DPS talents but I didn't really see difference since I don't have many epic and Synergy didn't give me much buff, it's like 20-30% that's why I doubted that is it worth to put point further so I just left it like that and maybe add it later after I have spare idols I don't know which talents to put on.

For "Extra Training", I always check what level the 1st seat is before I reset and it's just 4200ish so I consider to upgrade it later when 1st seat hits the wall.

I left the game ran last night and it cannot reach 700 yet so maybe it still might be a long way before I can unlock tier 4 talent but at least I can get 5 crusaders next event now :)

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2020 at 11:01 AM
Animenut
Those 5 crusaders might cause area 700 to look a whole lot closer once you get them.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2020 at 5:00 AM
pyra74
NEW QUESTIONS!! lol

I just got 2 epic recipes for Jim lumberjack and Emo werewolf (both boot their DPS). It's my first time for epic mission with success! question is, is it worth to craft those ones? I don't usually use these 2. For Jim, I prefer to use Grandmora to buff DPSer and I don't use Emo from the beginning (maybe once or twice) since I have to sacrifice some place in formation which others can do well without sacrificing. So I think I'll craft them just for raising success rate of missions. Honestly I don't know how good they are in term DPSer if I upgrade them but I probably don't use them anyway. (I have only 26 epic material right now...)

...leads to my next question, the way to get epic material are 1) get duplicated epic gear 2) craft legendary gear 3) material mission, only 3 ways right?
oh and sorry this question just came to my head... I heard that if I craft legendary and disenchant it, I'll get back the coin instead of catalyst. If I craft legendary again later, it will always cost 1 coin or the rule is still the same as using catalyst? I just think that if there is no time penalty for coin, I'll just craft it and disenchant to get epic materials lol

And I'm thinking about unlocking the Exterminator soon(?) (maybe after I get 3rd TM). How to get gear for him? I heard that silver and jewel chest contains gears for default 20 crusaders so I have no idea how to get gear for him, but if I misunderstood, I'll start keeping some jewel chests and hope I can get some gear for him after unlocking.

sorry for keeping asking haha

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2020 at 11:14 AM
Animenut
1) Epic materials are the least-valuable type of material, honestly. You don't get enough of them to make them viable for converting into common materials, and they are only used for epic gear. Generally, it's fine to upgrade gear with epic mats because there's not much point to saving them up, BUUUUT you're just starting and might end up getting epic recipes for crusaders you ACTUALLY use.

Answer: Don't bother. The better mission rates aren't worth sacrificing having spare materials to upgrade better crusaders. MAYBE you can upgrade Jim's gear, then make a legendary out of it to use him as a support crusader since legendaries are super powerful, but if you're already using legendaries with other crusaders, he probably won't be better than them.

2) Epic materials come from methods 1 and 3, not 2, but you can also get the from the "Epic Box of Crafting Materials" in the challenge shop. I just disenchanted and re-enchanted one of my legendaries and my epic material count didn't change either way. Crafting a legendary the first time MIGHT work differently...? Honestly, it has been a VERY long time since I even thought about that lol I'm not sure if that'll get you more epic materials, but you can earn those materials back quickly enough even if the trick doesn't work, so go ahead and try.

3) 1 coin = 1 enchant, always. Only the catalyst cost goes up. The coins are basically like saying "You already had a legendary, so here's a coin/voucher to get it back whenever".

4) Any crusader without the "event" tag can get gear from normal chests. Crusaders you unlock from the other non-event chapters are counted as "default" even though they technically aren't "default" by definition lol Otherwise getting gear for them would be a major headache.

And no problem. This is the "General/Strategy discussion" forum. Questions and answers are what these forums are all about.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2020 at 7:19 AM
pyra74
1) I'm not sure if I'm right but for me right now, uncommon materials are quite useless for me, I just think that epic or just leave it like that because it's not gonna change much anyway. But I was sad that I used common material to upgrade to legendary level 2 before I know that common materials are required to craft any grade of gears :( maybe I'll use uncommon material to upgrade legendary gears next time instead.

OMG!! I was stupid enough to think all the time that it's Hermit even I typed Jim (and it's Jim)!! I have to blame their faces are too similar to each others lol. I just a bit doubted that why you say he's support lol. Ok it's Jim! I use him almost all the time for dps 50% buff but he's not a good dps for me since I just thought that since he's always next to main DPSer and get buff almost the same, why not level him up as well, but it turned out his dps is not high enough to help with main DPSer so maybe I'll recalculate if I should spend 10 epic material on him.

2) I'm not sure where I heard that and I don't know if it's true but I believed that because I just did epic material mission once and got duplicated epic gear once so I just think that 26 is too many for what I did, I can't test now since I have to wait for catalyst cooldown, I'll tell you if I get it or not later.

3) Great!! I'll craft legendary after cooldown immediately next time so at least I can trigger the cooldown count down earlier!

4) Ok, maybe it's time for me to keep some jewel chests now....

and thanks for always giving me great answers and advice :)

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2020 at 11:08 AM
Animenut
Uncommon materials are the least-used type in the game. What most players do is upgrade any random legendary using all their uncommon materials (and rare and epic if you're like me and have everything already), and once all the other materials have been used, disenchant to get all that back as common materials.

No matter the FP formation, you should only ever have 1 DPSer. Having two GREATLY reduces efficiency since the most buff you'll ever get from TWO DPSers is 100% if the two are exactly equal. If they aren't equal, you'll get less than 100% buff, and 100% isn't all that great, anyway. Better to just have a dedicated supporter. Find out which crusader has the highest DPS and then put everything into that one crusader.

Even if Jim's DPS can't compare to your current DPSer, Jim's legendaries all buff other crusaders' DPS, so he's still a worthwhile support crusader in the early-game. If you already used him anyway, then by all means, use the 10 epics, then craft a legendary from that epic, then level the legendary up. You should get a pretty good DPS boost from that.

No problem. I'm happy to help.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2020 at 12:37 PM
Teschio
Next event, if you can manage it, you should try to unlock The Wolf King. It's not a great DPSer for those that have all crusaders, but it will likely be a huge boost in DPS for you. Maybe you should even consider using some tme warps, if you have them, just to get more tier3 event chests, so you can try to get good gear for it ASAP.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2020 at 12:31 AM
Animenut
Can confirm. Wolf King would be a massive step up from any DPSer you currently have.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2020 at 9:38 PM
pyra74
Ok I got it, need to recalculate if he's still worth to be added in formation. Since his 50% dps boost is not really good anymore so I sometimes didn't add him in formation lately but the one epic I got (I mean if I craft), if I upgrade to legendary, it will boost 100% dps to formation if there're 3 or more crusaders in his column.

Oh and thanks for info for next event!! I think I can get the tier 3 crusader if the difficulty is not so different from the last one. But for the last event, I just did the unlock crusader objective in tier 3, other objectives seem to be too difficult for me so I just farmed FP instead. But this time I hope I can challenge other objectives in tier 3 too, to gt more tier 3 jewel chests. So if I still can't get epic for Wolf King, you say it's worth to spend 10000 currency to buy the chest instead of FP?

Now I have Raccoon+Broot as my best dps since I got 1 legendary for both so it gives huge boost for buff to each other but I'll be glad if I can newly get better dpser so I can release Broot and send him on missions instead since he has so many attributes.

And just FYI for anyone (but I don't think there're many people who will be in the same situation like me because I rarely did objectives) I'm doing objectives to collecct rubies for my 3rd TM and just found that there's [2000 Levels for All] objective that needs to level ALL crusaders to 2000, but since I just got Holy Guardian in 26th seat so I have to level him as well! lol so if you're going to get crusader in seat beyond 20th, do this mission first haha

Now I got mission to unlock Mr.Boggins with 85% chance and I hope it'll not fail this time...... and I don't know it's my good or bad luck, I got mission gear upgrade for Holy Guardian which is the only crusader beyond seat 20 I have. And it requires 600EP! so the best I can go just 50%ish but I'll do it anyway after my best ones available. Will see if it's good or bad luck haha.

Anyway, I just check on crafting legendary, I got 3 epic materials from it! maybe I can get only if I use catalyst for crafting.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2020 at 1:38 PM
Animenut
The simple fact that Jim has a legendary at all makes him significantly more powerful because of legendaries being able to be leveled up. Every level re-doubles the legendary effect, so if you have the materials to do that, Jim might now be able to push you a fair bit further. Make sure all your legendaries (that you actually use) are around the same level, though. Most legendaries grant an effective +100% DPS with each new level, so having one level 5 and one level 1 is actually MUCH worse than two level 3s. The former would be the same DPS but cost way more materials (former: 3750 + 0 = 3750, latter: 750 + 750 = 1500). So if your other legendaries are level 5 and Jim's is only level 1, it would be worth the effort to disenchant the stronger ones and spread your materials around more evenly.

If you manage to get Wolf King, I would personally recommend NOT using the currency to buy a chest. Even tier-specific jeweled chests can be really frugal with giving epics. Considering 10,000 currency takes a while to obtain, I would recommend taking your chances doing the event runs and getting random chests. It is less likely to get gear for Wolf King that way, but you'll get 4 chests for the price of one, and even if you only get RARE gear for WK, you can always get the gear upgrade missions for his epic gear. Plus, you might get more idols in event FPs because of the idol buff.

If you DON'T get Wolf King, the same applies but for different reasons. Mostly the same, except that 4 normal chests > 1 jeweled chest in terms of gaining materials.

Good luck with the gear mission, though!

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2020 at 2:55 PM
Teschio
Well, I have to disagree with Animenut (on the second paragraph, the first one is absolutely true). Sure, you get 4 chests instead of one, but they may not be jeweled ones (if I remember correctly: I haven't done an event FP in at least a couple of years!), AND they won't give gear for the Wolf King exclusively (do NOT forget to select Tier3 chests, when you buy them with currency!). You have far better chances to get epic or even rare items by buying Tier3 jeweled chests with currency than just by farming FP. If you can finish tier3 objectives, that would be great too, they give jeweled chests for the wolf.

The point is, once you unlock him and gear him up, he will serve you well for quite some time, until someone better comes along (but you will be much stronger when that happens). I think it's worth it to push heavily for him and his gear, with buffs and warps too if needed.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2020 at 11:24 PM
pyra74
Ok guys thanks for info! so now I know how important it is to get the King Wolf haha

I think I'll go with this:
1. I think I'll consider to spend my idols on "Head Start" talent which give me 2500 currency when event starts, I think it doesn't really matter comparing to "Deep Idol Scavenger" I'm doing, which cost more than 10k idols already
2. I'm not sure if it's correct but my experience told me that those special chests don't give me gears for those crusaders I haven't yet unlocked or if I don't have any crusaders that the chest provide, it will give me gear for tier 1 crusaders (except those chests with specific tier). So I'll wait until I can unlock King Wolf and then open all non-specific-tier chests I got at once. (I think I have around 4 chests before I open last event) at least it will give me some chances to get gears for Wolf King.
3. I'll try to beat all tier 3 missions this time (If I can manage to clear it all, I will challenge the tier 4 unlock crusader objective as well but since it seems Wolf King is prioritized so I'll still open all chest when I get Wolf King anyway)
4. I'll try some FP runs first since it gives me idols boost as well but if I still can't manage to get good gears for Wolf King, I'll spend my warps then maybe buy 1 or 2 of them (I rarely used warps even in event so I have some in my stock, mostly 30min though lol)
This sounds good? haha

Now I don't have many legendary and the only gears that worth to level up them are Broot's which increase all dps if Raccoon also in formation, and Princess's which increase all dps by numbers of human crusaders. So I only have level 2 of them. Maybe I'll level up Holy Guardian's as well which increasing dps of male crusaders. Maybe Jim is the next one then.

I'll know if I'll get Mr.Boggins in next 6 hours, wish me luck!!! After that I'll send them to gear upgrade mission which I don't really hope on them haha

many thanks guys, for your opinions!!

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2020 at 12:24 PM
Animenut
For everything, sounds good to me. Warps are mostly used for currency, anyway lol Using them for gold/XP isn't worth it, even in early-game. With very few exceptions, warps are pretty much JUST for getting event currency quickly.

Good luck with Boggins! Although by the time I'm posting this, the mission is long since done lol

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2020 at 11:34 PM
pyra74
I... I... I...

1. Got Mr.Boggins!! which I didn't intend to add him in formation but it turned out he's better than I thought since he's quite good along with my duo since Raccoon get animal dps buff and Broot is counted for gold buff. I don't know how to get gear for him but this is good enough for me already.

2. Got 3rd TM!! which help me run faster but in exchange to leveling up manually haha

3. Got Exterminator!! I don't know why 50k idols is recommended in web page but I had around 100k and still had to crawl and used some chests for gold. maybe I'm just under leveled or just impatient and wanted to end it quickly. But I don't think I'll add him in formation though since I have only Rabbit as robot crusader right now. Open all jewel chests at once but no gears for him haha.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 7th 2020 at 11:33 AM
Animenut
Woot! Congratulations!

1) Yup, he's pretty great, and gets much, much better with legendary gear because he can really help clickers. Gear for him can come from gear missions, recipes, and event chests from the event he comes from, whenever that comes back around.

3) Honestly, even without Boggins and only one other robot, Exterminator COULD still have better DPS. No promises, obviously, but I say to at least give him a shot. You might be surprised. And if he's not better, just go right back to Broot/Robbie.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th 2020 at 8:08 AM
Last Edited June 8th 2020 at 8:09 AM
pyra74
Thanks!! :))

I told you if I can beat all tier 3 objectives in event, I'll try to unlock tier 4 crusader as well but...... I forgot that I have to unlock tier 4 first which is kind of impossible for me right now lol

I checked the event history and it says Mr.Boggins's events were around Sep so it's not that long time to wait for his gears, and I always do Common+Uncommon recipe missions so I already have those recipes for some event crusaders, if I'm lucky to get recipe early enough, maybe I'll consider crafting gears for him, but if not, I just wait to get them in event then.

Oh about Exterminator, I just sent him for long EP mission haha, ok I'll give it a try, at least if he's good, maybe I can use him as a replacement when my duo are on those difficult-and-long missions. (Now I use Merman as replacement since I've got legendary gear for him)