Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Need help

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2020 at 8:45 PM
pyra47
I started this game around 1 month ago and I have around 20k idols right now. My event crusaders are rabbit, archangel, raccoon, broot, grandmora, spaceking.

Now I'm trying to progress by doing FP rotating each maps because idols bonus which I get around 300 idols per run (and I don't really see my progress now because it's always around 300 idols per run not more than this)

I tried Ready Player Two once when I had 17k idols (since I've read that RP2's FP is the best to get idols) but I hit the wall around 200 and I thought it's bad idea to be stuck like this so I reset and cotinue playing FP but I plan to try again when I have 25k idols.

I'm trying to reach 600th floor as well for unlocking 3rd tier talents (mainly for Deep Idol Scavenger) but again I hit the wall around 500 but since there is no objective for FP so I just reset again and again to collect idols and hope to get stonger and get more idols but I don't really feel it after many runs passed

I feel like I'm stuck in this position and cannot go further right now. So, I need your advice what did I do wrong, or is it just normal situation? And I have questions as well

1. How long for 1 run for you guys to clear objectives that seems to be difficult for you? (I always reset after crawling at a wall for sometimes or leave it overnight so I'm not sure if I should try harder? but it seems to go very slowly so I gave it up)

2. Is it better to do Ready Player Two's FP or rotating each map for bonus idol?

Just FYI, here's my last formation in Mischief at Mugwarts and hit wall at like 500th floor (it's not my best formation though since some went for missions but maybe the thing I change is just having Sasha buffing main dps) https://imgur.com/a/XqWqGrp

Any advices are welcome, please!

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2020 at 10:09 PM
Animenut
Quick note: Ready Player Two *USED* to be the best FP, and that was largely due to an ability Wrena has. Right now, Ghostbeard's Greed is the best because of so many adjacent crusaders, the reason that's so good is something you won't be able to take advantage of for a while. RPT is the second-best in the meta, but for a newcomer, might be the best thanks to extra formation space.

It has been a VERY long time since I've had to try all that hard in the game, so I'm sorry if my advice is a bit scattered or unhelpful. I kind of have to guess what it's like having fewer idols in the game right now, so hopefully I'm not too far off.

1) Chances are, you're not clearing FPs quickly or often enough to be building up meaningful idol buffs between each cycle. The time spent on less-rewarding runs waiting to get to the single run that gives the most might not be worth it. If you're getting much less on those runs just to get 50% more on the one run, you're giving up idols to gain fewer idols. It might be worth it to just stick with the one FP that gives the most and not bother with FP Bonus-building until you've got enough resources to speed through FPs quickly. Otherwise, check how much your #1 and #2 FPs give for idols, and if they are somewhat close, just go back and forth between those two.

Simply: Find the best FP for you. Then find the second-best. If the payout for the best is 20% or more than the amount the second-best gives you, just keep doing the best FP. If they give about the same amount, alternate between them.

2) Whenever you're doing an idol run in FP, reset as soon as it takes longer than 1 full second to kill enemies. Tanking and pushing the extra few areas slowly is not worth it. You might get sliiiiightly fewer idols per reset, but you save a TON of time.

3) Roborabbit is a pretty bad clicker because it's powerful clicks very quickly lessen into being useless. Despite being an event crusader, Bush Whacker is still better than Rabbit. That might push you a few extra areas.

4) The lower-tier talents tend to largely be additive, so don't put too much into a single talent. Try to evenly spread your idols around various talents so that they can stack multiplicatively with eachother. A single level 20 talent will usually be much much weaker than two level 10 talents together.

5) Event crusaders can be enormously powerful. You might feel like you are stagnating now, but then the next event comes up, lets you unlock a new crusader, and just that ONE crusader makes your entire formation much, MUCH stronger.

6) Remember that this game is an IDLE game, so it takes a long time to get anywhere. There's plenty of times where you won't be making much progress, but you're working up to something down the line that will make a difference. Diligence and patience make all the difference. Sometimes it's just a matter of waiting until you've managed to unlock the one thing that suddenly rockets you forward.

As another quick note to answer your second question, that's normal. The general rule of thumb is "If you cannot beat the objective relatively easily, quit it, get stronger, and come back later." The longer you spend struggling on an objective, the LESS time you're farming for idols, chests, etc.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2020 at 12:34 AM
pyra47
Thanks for your advice!!! it's very helpful!!

Actually I don't know why I don't feel any different between those FPs in each map, I always get 300 and a bit idols each run no matter what map it is. But it's the first time I feel that RP2's difficulty is jump from previous map so I want to try it's FP as well if I can get more or less, but since I'm still not able to unlock it yet so i don't know.

I don't really do a long run since I experienced that I won't get much more idols after this so I reset everytime it's getting slower. But sometimes I just leave it overnight to see how far I can go, but since it's not anywhere near 600th floor I aimed for, so I just reset it without trying to climb much.

I just felt that there's no progress for me because I still get almost the same amount of idols every run but I feel better if you think it's totally normal. And maybe I too rush lately since I hoped that I could get tier 3 crusader for next event but it seems too difficult now.

Thanks for your time!!

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2020 at 12:04 PM
Animenut
To maximize idol gain, try building a gold-heavy formation. The higher gold will help you level up more, which translates into higher DPS, more areas, more gold, etc. Because you're still very early in the game, it might be most helpful to reset as soon as you either...

a) Stop insta-killing enemies, or
b) Max your crusader levels.

Before you unlock bonus idols from boss kills, most of your idols will come from buying levels, especially since you haven't gotten Deep Idol Scavenger yet. Basically, your goal in the early game is to gain levels as fast as possible. So any formation you build should be a mix between gold find and speed crusaders. Anything that makes you move faster and find more gold while doing it. DPS won't be all too important since gold will help you keep leveling up anyway, but you DO still want a good DPSer so that you CAN reach the higher areas for more gold/levels.

I'll try to help you speed things up as you unlock more crusaders and talents.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2020 at 8:18 PM
pyra74
Thanks for further advice!!
Now I'm trying to add gold finders as many as I can in formation, which are broot, panda, detective kaine and Natalie (which I sent Natalie on missions from time to time) this is the only thing I can do I guess. And I always reset around level 2000-ish so I guess it will be a long time before I can hit the wall.

Can I ask you some more questions?
1. Is it worth to do unlock crusader missions? It takes 3 days and 5 crusaders (I can send 13 right now) so it's quite something for me because it's likely to take some dps, gold finder from my formation and success rate is not very high enough to be confident...
2. And those gear upgrade missions as well (though I still don't think doing these mission in anytime soon since I don't have many crusaders that have over 200EP)

so right now I'm focusing on EP mission, do ruby mission sometimes and rarely on recipe, material missions. (recipe is so random and I mostly got common, uncommon material from material missions which I could get from silver chest as well so I didn't forcus on those ones)

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2020 at 10:40 PM
Animenut
1) Yes. Always. You might need to sacrifice getting more idols for a while, but you gain an event crusader. Even without gear, those can be incredibly powerful, and you would be able to unlock them without needing to do their objectives during their event. That matters since it's entirely possible that their objectives would be too hard for you, so this allows you to have a chance to get them without needing to struggle in an objective you might not be able to beat. You miss out on a few days of having those crusaders, and if you fail, those crusaders will be injured for a little longer, BUT the risk is worth the potential payoff. Of course, having no access to those crusaders for a few days might suck, but "a few days" is small beans compared to how long this game takes to play. hose days will be over before you know it and you'll be right back to normal.

2) Same as above.

For both: I don't think crusader/gear missions disappear forever if you fail them. Devs correct me if I'm wrong about that. If it's true that they will come back later if you fail them, then the only risk is a few days without some crusaders, which is a risk well worth taking.

You'll want to do RECIPE missions, but ignore material missions. Material missions don't really give a whole lot, as you know. When you have a ton of crusaders to spare in the future, then by all means, do them, but right now don't bother. But you'll want to do recipe missions as much as possible. They are random, sure, but you'll want to stock up on recipes anyway so that you're more likely to get the ones you want later down the line. You'll want those recipe missions to get/upgrade gear on those event crusaders you get from recruitment missions instead of having to wait a year for their event to come back around.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2020 at 11:43 PM
pyra74
I'm glad that I asked you about this because I just saw that my Metal Soldier mission will be expired in next 4 hours. I made up my mind to sacrifice my best duo raccoon+broot to this mission and hope they can bring their friend back to me. Since I gave up on tier 3 of upcoming event so I think it's not really matter right now.

For recipe, you said like from mission, we won't get ones that I already have, am I understand correctly? It's cool if that so and I will try to do more.

For gear upgrade mission, I'll try to train my crusaders to have enough 200EP to do mission first since the sucess rate is quite low now so I don't really want to risk them. And is there limitation of upgrade? I can get epic if I already have rare one? (sorry to ask you this, I read in wiki but it doesn't mention about it)

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 20th 2020 at 10:09 AM
Last Edited May 20th 2020 at 10:09 AM
Animenut
Metal Soldier is a great crusader in early-game. She's not that great by the end, but since you're just starting, she might help a lot. Metal Soldier can do a whole bunch of things. She's DPS, tank, AND healing. Literally a one-woman-army. I'm honestly not sure how good she'll be without gear, but even without gear, she MIIIIIGHT become your new DPSer. Maybe.

For recipes, you are correct. The way the recipe missions work is that there is a pool the game randomly picks from, and the only recipes in that pool are recipes that you DON'T have. The mission is guaranteed to give you a recipe you didn't have before. The only exception is if you start the mission, get a recipe while the mission is being done, and then complete the mission and it ends up giving you the recipe you got while the mission was in progress. But other than that technicality, recipe missions will always give you a random recipe that you don't have.

Upgrade missions have a limit of upgrading gear to epic. Upgrade missions will not upgrade gear into legendary/golden. The maximum they will upgrade into is epic. You need to buy goldens and craft legendaries on your own.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 21st 2020 at 7:07 PM
pyra74
I can reach only 82% for recruit mission and I just failed 85% rare recipe mission so I hope it can be compensated to make my recruit mission success!

Good to know that it's not going to give me the ones I already have so it seems worth to even get the one I don't want to narrow down the choices I could get next time.

And is it worth to invest on Prospector (increase odd of getting epic material from mission) in early game? I don't know how much percentage I can get epic meterial from the beginning so I'm not really sure how much different it is. But right now I put idols on all +DPS talents already (more or less and it seems to not really have difference if I put further) and I can't unlock tier 3 talent yet so I just sit with some idols I don't know what talent to put on.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 22nd 2020 at 12:18 PM
Animenut
To my knowledge, the recruitment missions are specifically designed so that you CAN'T reach 100% on them. There will always be a risk. I've never seen a 100% recruitment mission even with all tags, gear, and EP satisfied.

For Prospector, not really. Epic materials are rarely used. The only thing they are good for is upgrading rares into epics, and you don't need many of them for that. As long as you don't convert epic mats into common mats, you should be fine with whatever you get naturally and spend the idols on DPS talents instead. At least for now.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 22nd 2020 at 11:52 PM
pyra74
Mission failed :'(

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2020 at 1:22 PM
Animenut
Always worth a shot. At least you tried, and that's what matters.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2020 at 4:18 AM
pyra74
Thanks haha it was my first long-run mission, the longest one was only 1 day long and it's 82% so I hoped that I could get one.

After many FP runs and I got back my best duo raccoon+broot from mission, I decided to do a long run to reach 600th floor and it's really worth, I respec idol and put some idols that I invested on DPS to Deep Idol Scavenger instead, now my overall DPS is a bit weaker but I can get idols 2.xx times from the talent.

I said I give up for tier 3 crusader this event, but I think I'll give it a shot. I read the objective and the last one in tier 2 which requires to have only 4 crusaders to pass 500th which seems too difficult for me right now but since I can get more idols per run now, I think if I can collect more idols and put some on DPS talent to get my DPS back as well as putting on Deep Idol Scavenger, maybe I can pass that objective and could try tier 3 objective.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2020 at 9:08 AM
Animenut
Not much I can say to that other than "Good luck and happy hunting" lol

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2020 at 4:53 AM
pyra74
Thanks!! As my master lol, I'll report you if I can get the tier 3 event crusaders. I just finished tier 1 missions, I have 400% dps buff until this Friday so I'm trying to finish all of them before buff expires. I'm busy this week though so let's see if I can finish or else I have to try harder after buff's gone.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2020 at 11:38 AM
Last Edited May 27th 2020 at 9:16 AM
Animenut
Once you get later in the game (a few requirements and large time investment is necessary), there's a trick to push much further than you'd normally be able to. It involves opening MANY chests (which a specific crusader helps amass) and a particular talent. Depending on how many of your resources you're willing to throw away per run, you can buff your damage by e10 or more. It won't be viable to you for quite a while, but I'm mentioning it now so you have something to look forward to.

Use the code ROCK-DINO-DAYC-ARES for a 3 day 25% Idol buff whenever you'e able to give the game a lot of attention. Probably not this week, since you say you're busy.

EDIT: Removed comment about "Endurance Training" because it was wrong.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 28th 2020 at 9:29 AM
Animenut
If you have the money to spare, I would highly recommend getting the starter packs for both Langley and Jiaolong. Jiaolong is likely a much better DPS crusader than anything you currently have, and Langley is one of the best support crusaders in the game. Plus, they both come with golden gear.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2020 at 4:44 AM
pyra74
I got Holy guardian, the tier 3 crusader before dps buff expired just few hours!! I worried about the mission I had to go with only 5 specified crusaders, I had to climb wall for some time but it's easier than I thought. He's the first crusaders I have that is on over 20th seat, I tried using him once and he's really helpful but took me half run already to fully upgrade him lol

I can't figure out about the damage buff by e10, I tried to find in talents with no clues but I'll keep this in mind and I might figure it out later.

And thanks for the code!! I use it this weekend so at least I can get benefit for 2 days. I'm not sure about "Endurance Training" but I never put any point into it though, I never do buff mission except those taking only 10 or 20 minutes long.

I'm kind of on and off, and I still don't know how long I can play this game so I don't really want to spend money on the game right now...

For missions, I had no idea how rare recruit mission it is but I never see it again after that failure, I definitely do it again if it comes. I do some recipe mission if I have high enough success rate. I don't really intend to upgrade it since mostly it's kind of throwing away materials for me and I don't have much of them so I just keep it like that just help me increase a bit DPS for talent I put idols into and maybe can narrow down some possibility I can get the one I might need in future.

For talent, I think I'll try to max "Deep Idol Scavenger" first, after that, to be honest, I have no idea which one I should put into since it's not really helpful IMO. What do you think?

And I think after I run out of torches, I'll focus on objectives again since I finished only few objectives because I only wanted to unlock FP so I'll try to get my 3rd TM to help me doing faster run. Any idea? haha

P.S. I just was out of my mind and reset event FP without leveling up all crusaders and I got only few Idols......... give me back 2500 torches!!!!!!!

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2020 at 7:56 AM
Teschio
The one-time buff for a run that Animenut mentioned is probably related to the use of buff cards. There is a talent called Lingering Buffs, that gives up to 10% of the buff boost as a permanent boost until the end of the current run. The point is, it's multiplicative. With A LOT of DPS buffs, and that talent maxed, you can push much, much further than you may think possible.

For talents, Fast Learner is a no-brainer: XP points in 30 minutes instead than 5 hours. It's fairly cheap to max too, only 32k idols. Well Equipped and Swap Day are other talents in which you might want to put a few points. Remember, every different source of DPS boost in the game is multiplicative, so even a few points will help.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2020 at 1:39 PM
Animenut
Everything Teschio said, but I'll say it again just to reiterate lol

Talents to focus on, in order of priority...

-Deep Idol Scavenger
-Fast Learners
-Synergy
-Swap Day/Well Equipped
-Speed Runner
-Extra Training

Explanation for each, in order...

-More idols. Duh.
-Bringing XP time down from 5 hours to 30 minutes is pretty big. Likely won't make a MASSIVE difference in your DPS, but it'll definitely help quickly.
-Honestly, I debated putting this one lower. You might not have enough crusaders to make great use of this, but it IS multiplicative, so it's objectively better than...
-These are additive, so less useful on their own, but they stack muliplicatively with eachother (all DPS talents do)and they are pretty cheap, so throw a few levels on them early, then largely ignore them until later.
-Shorter missions. Faster rewards. Doesn't really help your DPS, but will certainly help in other areas.
-Arguably the most useful one here, BUT unless you're actually reaching your level cap, this won't actually do anything for you. Plus, even if you're reaching your level cap, thi talent has a lot of levels and becomes VERY expensive. Thi will likely be the last talent you max out in this tier. Hence why it doesn't take priority despite being so useful. Throw a few levels on this, then focus on other talents, and once those are done, you come back to grinding out this talent.