Nickshire (CNE Dev)

Become a certified alchemist!

Details on the blog!

Change log.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2019 at 11:27 AM
Raymond
be sure to use the time turner and timey whimey trinkets when talking to the guy if you might want a possible repeat and less time till the next 'day'
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2019 at 11:27 AM
phagras
Great stuff Nick.

Does the certificate work like event ribbons and just needs to be owned to work? Or does it need to be displayed?
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2019 at 12:24 PM
Barbara Tompkins
phagras.

read blog about it..
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2019 at 12:28 PM
phagras
Yes, I can read. I'm assuming it works like ribbons but there are some items which need to be placed to work and I wanted to confirm.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2019 at 12:30 PM
Raymond
barb, he did, of course, otherwise he would not even know it exists.
the wording is ambiguous as i think that is the wording for all 90+ event ribbons, and this may act like that or it might not.

i imagine once we have it, when we click the thing to equip trinkets, that odds will be visible among all our other stuff and then we can see if we need to display or not. but an actual answer would be nice,
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2019 at 12:39 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi folks,

I don't believe the Time Turner and Timey Whimey trinkets will apply to these certificate quests.

The certificate will work like the ribbons, where simply having it, regardless of whether you place it out on your ranch, will provide its effect.

I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you have any more questions regarding this update.

Sincerely,
Nick
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2019 at 12:40 PM
Last Edited September 5th 2019 at 12:44 PM
Barbara Tompkins
WELL how I interpet it is to display certificate on ranch,,then when we disenchant runes we may /hopefully get the rare powders.It is clear to me...not unless we are not told all info...Time will tell..
Yeah ,, ty Nick...I for one didn't think the timey etc would work so ty for info. LQQKING forward to see it's completion...
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2019 at 4:06 PM
rochesterbabe
Tried using a VIP token to reset my daily quests to speed things along, no dice. My guess is that non of the time related trinkets will work either.

Oh well, he did say that patience was part of the process . . . Looks like he was really serious about that.

Looking forward to completing this challenge. :)
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 6th 2019 at 5:15 AM
Flybaby
I'm happy that we can't use our TT and TW trinkets for this quest. It will be fun to have a new "bite-sized" quest to look forward to everyday, for the next 2 months.

This will be a great quest for the newbies, and others who have been hesitant to try rune crafting.
11 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 6th 2019 at 2:28 PM
melby
Second day message......

JSONParseError: Unexpected # 35 encountered Invalid JSON - Parse Error[#0 UserHandler->parseValueFunction(alchemy_certification_lesson_complete, ) called at [/home/bushwhacker2/public_html/classes/ScriptHandler.php:733]
#1 ScriptHandler->parseValueFunction(alchemy_certification_lesson_complete, ) called at [/home/bushwhacker2/public_html/classes/LogicParser.php:352]
#2 LogicParser->parseValue() AND params(action) = turnin) THEN turnin_lesson
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 6th 2019 at 2:46 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
That issue has been fixed! Sorry about that, melby.
11 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 6th 2019 at 3:00 PM
melby
Ok. Now it's working. (thumbup)
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th 2019 at 5:38 PM
Raymond
the following statement is perpetuating something that was only needed for perhaps the very first week after runes were invented years ago. the issue was quickly fixed.
one does not need to place the bigger rune on the left, one can place it on the right if you want. the end result in odds and more importantly in time is the same.
at the very beginning the code was bugged and was the average of the runes plus half the rune on the left.
was almost instantly corrected to the average plus half the maximum time rune.
and by math simplification that turns out to be the longest time plus half the shortest time, of the 2 runes.

http://prntscr.com/p3jtws
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 9th 2019 at 10:34 AM
phagras
However the name of the augmented rune is taken from the one placed in the left slot.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 9th 2019 at 12:24 PM
Raymond
yes the name and the icon,
but i tend to think that the name is of little concern to most people
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 9th 2019 at 2:46 PM
Flybaby
It makes a difference for this particular quest of making a small (energy or gem) rune with odds 6% or higher.

I was able to complete the quest by putting a small rune in the left slot and combining it with a higher % Scavenged rune in the right slot.

You can complete the quest by combining all small runes, but it's also possible to complete the quest by combining a larger % rune as long as the "small" rune is placed on the left (in order to retain the name "augmented small rune").
89 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 10th 2019 at 12:11 PM
Last Edited September 10th 2019 at 12:48 PM
Barb Tompkins
I use the small gem etc in left slot and use what I have in stock on right side and voila done after combining.

Moreover, on wiki.. there is an awesome rune making pics/steps for 20 odd days..haha ...and well.. I thought I was so good at rune making till I saw the pics....Still learning for this game...^-^...
20 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 12th 2019 at 7:12 AM
Diny Gibertoni
Help lesson 3 - se alguém que fale portugues puder me ajudar
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 13th 2019 at 3:22 AM
kaufo123
Hey! I got side tracked and don't remember the details on day three. Is there anywhere I can find out what the instructions are? I looked in my inventory and couldn't find anything.