Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Butterfly Garden Gathering!
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 1:08 PM
AnimateThought
So, I never did get a response to my ticket. But, I logged off last night with 175/200 flowers, and when I logged in today I had credit for all 200 flowers.

I do agree with others that it took a massive amount of energy to get all the butterflies. At max level, getting the last 125 flowers took me more energy and mana than I'd usually spend in 5 days. I'd frequently clear a field 50+ times without seeing a single flower.

I understand it shouldn't be easy to get that last butterfly, but even so, that seems like a remarkably low drop rate - especially for those at lower levels who don't have access to things like energy packs from the secondary quest hubs.
109 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 1:51 PM
DocHoneydew
Will the other four butterflies (after you pick one) be available for purchase, or will this take five years to get all five?
113 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 3:39 PM
Oglethorpe1983
Whats odd, I never noticed this, (but to be fair I was only looking for the question mark to turn yellow)

Others had said they got the 5th butterfly before 200/200

I wish I would have paid attention to when the last patch of rainbow flowers appeared; but I know I didnt get the rewards for until I got 200/200 which I was just able to get before I ran out of energy
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 3:42 PM
Last Edited May 27th 2019 at 3:42 PM
ArmyMomOkc
It would be fun to have a hunt for the others like we did for the cows.
It could start with the butterflies getting away and give us some to find with quest (s) and /or for sale from an AI vendor.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 4:09 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hello folks,

We put in a fix for the missing 25 Rare Flowers earlier this morning! If you logged on an returned to the Commons before noon (and after 10:30 or so) and were on part 3 of the quest (collect 200 Rare Flowers), you were given 25 of them. If you logged on and return to the Commons afterwards, and had 175+ Rare Flowers, you were credited as having unlocked the final Rainbow Butterfly.

Some of the confusion seems to be stemming from a typo, where the text to turn in the Rare Flowers quest said "I've collected 100 Rare Flowers!" instead of "I've collected 200 Rare Flowers!". This was a typo, and you still needed to have collected 200 Rare Flowers.

I hope that clears that up! Very sorry for the confusion.

Sincerely,
Nick
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 4:59 PM
Anubischick
Hey Flybaby that typo must have been the one that threw me, the out/our. Doesn't change the very low drop rate, though Horsedancer I am glad you got the boost towards the end, unfortunately it came too late for me as being in the antipodes I went to sleep with about 5 hours left on the clock.

Maybe next year :).
113 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 5:08 PM
Oglethorpe1983
Anubis,

Sorry you missed out, though to be fair the final butterfly (wasn't that great) I ended up picking it on the off chance the boost % was high,..

I just made it myself. I had about 1500 energy left (after using all my small packs too) when I got my last one...

It seemed like the drop rate rose a bit after I hit 175.... but from like 75-175.... it seemed ridiculous
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 5:24 PM
Horsedancer1
Anubischick, put in a ticket and maybe @Nick will fix it. I think you really wanted the rainbow butterfly! So Sorry.
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 6:18 PM
Anubischick
No stress, I'm a Purple fan so I picked that one. I just wanted to get it completed and see what it looked like, and like a few others the drop rate did seem remarkably low. I'm at Lvl 406, and even with burning through about 25 25% packs plus the dailies and crops my total at the end was 124. I normally get mini-events like this cleared up with hours to spare, even taking into account the time difference, but this one just seemed a little less fun because I could scrounge up 10 papers in the time I got 3-4 rare flowers, which seems off.

However, when all is said and done, I got to get more papers towards the islands and I got a purple butterfly, so all good :)

Thanks for the sweet thoughts though, both of you.
113 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 7:02 PM
Oglethorpe1983
I think the only reason I was able to get all 5 was due to a power -> mana rune,

which gave my lots and lots of more whacks than Id of gotten otherwise
113 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 7:02 PM
Oglethorpe1983
I think the only reason I was able to get all 5 was due to a power -> mana rune,

which gave my lots and lots of more whacks than Id of gotten otherwise
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 9:00 PM
Last Edited May 27th 2019 at 9:02 PM
Anubischick
Which ones are those?
113 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 28th 2019 at 10:11 AM
Oglethorpe1983
The Rune?

Its an optional rune you can get for doing quests in the Cliff of Korak ;its a bit time consuming takes several days to get each new rune; and its random (I believe which one you get) there are 6 in total and they require flux and Lg rune dust to create;

But imo can be very useful
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 28th 2019 at 11:30 AM
Raymond
clarification. you get the recipe to be able to forever after make that and those runes.
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 28th 2019 at 4:53 PM
Anubischick
Thanks Oglethorpe, it'll be a while then, I'm currently at Cloud Castle :)
113 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 28th 2019 at 10:53 PM
Oglethorpe1983
Always happy to help.

Your not too far off :)

If you have any questions or need help feel free to let me know (ask away)

Also where do you play? feel free to add me :)
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2019 at 4:36 AM
Anubischick
I play on CNE so I don't believe I can add, you, but thanks for the invitation, and the offer of questions...you may regret that later.

Cheers
AC