Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Butterfly Garden Gathering!
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2019 at 5:54 PM
Anubischick
Yeah I'm not sure why the event has another 24 hours, when the rare flowers collection cuts out a day earlier.

Really hoping that the system is counting correctly behind the scenes :)
113 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2019 at 9:03 PM
Oglethorpe1983
At this rate there is very little chance ill hit 200. Im at 150 now, the the drop rate is pretty low at one point I got 7 having spent roughly 12000 energy...

So, Ill do some fishing, use up my last three lg enery packs.. maybe if I get lucky I can hit 160 before bed

another 10 maybe tomorrow... but unless we have that extra day to collect the flowers Ill be stuck with 4/5
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2019 at 9:11 PM
Raymond
they tell you why if you read what the Deva say.

You have until noon on Monday May 27th to attract as many as you can, and you'll have until noon on Tuesday May 28th to choose one as a companion. Good luck
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2019 at 9:12 PM
Last Edited May 26th 2019 at 9:16 PM
Horsedancer1
Oglethorpe, try going back to the woman and see if you get the last rare butterfly even though you are at 150. For me it kicked in at 125 (actually I did not go back until I hit 133). You are supposed to get a TOTAL of 200. BUT I am sure even though the numbers are off, 200 TOTAL is the correct total number to get the last rare butterfly. So you need the first 75 plus 125 more rare flowers. Good luck
113 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2019 at 9:17 PM
Oglethorpe1983
i Just checked with her; I am at 160 (I actually checked before I saw this)....

If I have to get a total of 200, maybe I need to only get to 175, which would be 15 more

thanks for the notice though
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2019 at 9:21 PM
Anubischick
Ok so this is weird, I'm at 95/200 rare flowers, just turned in the puddling sand and the Purple butterfly turned up, with the lady saying this is the last rare butterfly.

However I'm still at 4/5 as whatever the puddling is supposed to activate has not been.

Still got the Purple, so yay I suppose.
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2019 at 9:23 PM
Horsedancer1
Did you reload before you talked to her? Sorry I forgot to mention that. Hope it kicks in for you like it did for me. After you get the 4th butterfly, she then asks for puddling sand to attract butterflies, so I did go get that, and am waiting for something else to happen. That should be to attract the 2nd common butterfly. Crossing my fingers for you, and me both!
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2019 at 9:26 PM
Horsedancer1
Anubischick, nothing happened for me after turning in the puddling sand either! Waiting for something to happen. I also have 4 of the 5 butterflies, all but the rainbow one, I think.
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2019 at 10:23 PM
Anubischick
Hey Horsedancer, I just reloaded, and nope, still 4/5. Maybe getting the 200 rare will release the last one...so basically I won't get that one. Something has obviously gone wrong in the calculation, but it's just a mini-game, and it's kept me busy whilst whacking papers, so all good.

It's a shame this always seems to happen during the weekend in Canada :D
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2019 at 11:03 PM
Horsedancer1
LOL, everything always breaks down or needs repair on the weekends in real life, too! Good luck. I keep thinking the last butterfly will show up when the "Puddling Sand" gets working. But I am tired of whacking, even while listening to a good audiobook. So if I wind up with only 4 butterflies, that will be OK, too. Monday is Memorial Day in the US, but I don't know if it is some kind of Canadian holiday, so @Nick might be back to fix and explain things.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 3:20 AM
phagras
The common butterflies are red and purple. Red appears after getting the stones and purple after completing the sand.

The rare butterflies are cinnabar (black & red), pink & rainbow. I didn't keep going back to the area, only returning when the quest said 200 so I think they're supposed to appear at 25, 75 & 200 flowers.

Oh, and cinnabar is actually a moth. Not a butterfly.
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 4:27 AM
Anubischick
Hi Phagras, whilst I don't doubt you, the dialogue that Harrow says when the Purple appears is that it is the last rare butterfly that can be brought by the flowers.

Either way, with 8 hours to go and just on 100 rares to gather I'm not seeing the rainbow.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 4:38 AM
phagras
Honestly, I don't remember Harrow's exact words. I assumed that the butterflies from the rare flowers would be classed as rare. Perhaps it would have been better if I'd said that the butterflies from the main quests were red and purple and the ones from the rare flowers are cinnabar, pink & rainbow.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 5:20 AM
Flybaby
Anubischick, I have a snapshot for you:

https://prnt.sc/ntwr8f

Phagras is correct. Just to put it in a different perspective:

You get 3 rare butterflies by collecting rare flowers (25/75/200) Cinnabar, Pink and Rainbow.

You get 2 Common butterflies by helping with the tasks (sunning Rocks/Puddling Sand). Red, Purple

When you finish collecting your 200 rare flowers, you will have all 5 species.
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 6:25 AM
Anubischick
Hi Flybaby, once again, no doubt but Harrow really did say when the Purple turned up that I had collected all 3 rare. Though the dialogue didn't name the purple as that rare.

Do you have the dialogue when you hand in the puddling, because it's when I did that that Harrow stated all the rares had been collected.

Still like I said with so few hours left and the RNG not working for me, I won't see the rainbow.

Cheers
AC
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 6:32 AM
Horsedancer1
If that is right, I won't be seeing the rainbow one either. Phooey!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 8:50 AM
Last Edited May 27th 2019 at 8:51 AM
Flybaby
Here are the screenshots Anubi

Our garden has attracted the purple butterfly...

https://prnt.sc/nu02un

"That is the last species we can attract with out Rare Flowers"

https://prnt.sc/nu0368

Note that there is a typo: There is a space in between the word "without" (at first glance, one might think it says "with our")
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 8:54 AM
Horsedancer1
Yippee!! I think someone turned up the drop rate and I finally got the 200 flowers for the rainbow butterfly. I started this morning with 138 and used tons of energy and mana, but sometimes got several flowers at a time, which has never happened for me before. As slow as it has been I was sure it would take WAY too long and way too much energy/mana! Don't give up!! Good luck everyone!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 11:47 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Glad you made it Horsedancer1 :)

I just squeak by for my other profile that is a level 150. It needed 20 flowers this morning and it took several refills to get them. I had to use extra energy through this whole event I don't normally use for this profile.
For my main profile at max level and I didn't have any trouble getting all of them.

Point being for lower levels with smaller max energy it is a VERY big challenge to get all of the butterflies. This mini quest does give everyone a chance to get at least a couple of butterflies to choose from. The drop rate for the rocks & sand wasn't too bad. So, if I had not used the extra energy I think I would have had at least 3/4 to choose from today.

I agree the dialogue from Harrow was confusing through the whole process.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2019 at 12:08 PM
Raymond
things like this scale so anyone who plays from the lowest levels to the max levels have approximately the same degree of ability to complete them.