Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
How do I reject 'help'
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2019 at 7:00 PM
Anubischick
Hi,

one of my friends whacked trees in my ranch and I have an icon with their name sitting above the tree with an 'accept help' option. I don't want that help, I like my trees the way they are, but there doesn't appear to be a reject help option. I've tried reloading to see if it would go away if I don't accept but it doesn't and it is quite frankly annoying.

Do I need to unfriend this person to make it go away? I really don't want to do that but I also don't want to be stuck with an annoying icon and/or having to replace the removed trees.

Please tell me there is a way to get rid of this. It seems ridiculous to give the players the option of accepting if you also don't give them a reject option. One option isn't actually a choice it's a fait accompli.

Cheers
AC
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2019 at 7:35 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Open a ticket.
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2019 at 7:43 PM
Anubischick
Seriously? You need to get the devs to remove it, that seems a trifle heavy-handed.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2019 at 8:42 PM
Last Edited May 11th 2019 at 8:43 PM
Flybaby
AC, I know this is probably not the answer you're looking for, but may I suggest cutting all your trees down yourself, and buying some from the botanist, when he appears on AI. This way, you will have complete control over them, and you can place them anywhere you want on your ranch without fear of anyone whacking them.

Here is the wiki link if you want to see what's available, and gold cost.
https://bushwhacker2.fandom.com/wiki/Amicus_Isle#Merchants

We also got some trees from a recent mini event (Days of Forests?), so you may even have a few in your inventory. Hope this helps.
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2019 at 9:32 PM
Horsedancer1
Isn't there a way to block folks from your ranch? I really don't want anyone messing around there. Not my idea of fun.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2019 at 9:56 PM
Flybaby
Horsedancer, you can try putting a fence or other barrier near the entrance of your ranch. I've seen some players doing that. I've heard there can be a problem with that though .... sometimes visitors get stuck and have to reboot. I'm sure they must not be too happy about that.
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2019 at 10:18 PM
Horsedancer1
Thanks. I absolutely don't want anyone coming in and cutting my trees. Or messing about. I don't know what else people can do there. Don't like this part of the game.
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2019 at 11:15 PM
Last Edited May 11th 2019 at 11:21 PM
Anubischick
Yeah that's the part about this friend thing I really didn't like. Before I raise a ticket I'm going to unfriend this friend, check if the icon goes away and then refriend. Maybe that will wipe it.

Then I'm building a fence out of gnomes.

I really don't understand the option of 'accept' without 'reject' though.

Edit: didn't help, even without them as a friend the stupid icon is still there. Looks like a ticket is the only option. Sheesh.
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 12th 2019 at 8:18 AM
Horsedancer1
So sorry. I was moved from BFG where there were no issues like this. You had to invite someone to visit your ranch and there was an option to block this feature and only allow certain people to visit. I built a block in front of my gate, after you mentioned your difficulty.

BTW I unfriended the person who did this to your place, and will unfriend anyone who comes in and cuts my trees, etc. NOT appropriate. In the real world, I have 5 acres and horses. If anyone came into my real ranch and started cutting down trees, they would get to feel some real buckshot!
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 12th 2019 at 10:00 AM
Duckie
I love visiting ranches and looking around.. but after accidentally clicking on someone's tree.. now I am afraid to go and enjoy all my friends' handiwork.. I don't want to accidentally click anyone's trees. Freaks me out that it is too easy to do. This is one of those things we former BFG players are having trouble adjusting to.
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 12th 2019 at 10:12 AM
Horsedancer1
Yes, some good things about this CNE platform, but some things I really don't like. Maybe I have played this game long enough....
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 12th 2019 at 10:25 AM
Duckie
No.. don't leave horsedancer! We will get through this.

I got upset about having to ask for squirrels Friday.. haha.. but I'm okay with it today. It's just different and we have to give ourselves time to take in each change as we encounter them.

And the devs know how we feel about our trees. I cut down all of mine a long time ago.. my issue is with how easy it is to affect someone else's home when visiting. So now I don't visit. Which is sad.. but it is what it is.
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 12th 2019 at 11:16 AM
Horsedancer1
Thanks Duckie!! Maybe I will put in a request to have things changed a bit. My ranch is a mess, I have just put things in willie nillie for the last few years without bothering about aesthetics. So not ready for company! :D ♥♥♥
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 12th 2019 at 3:13 PM
Flybaby
Horsedancer, I know aesthetics can be overwhelming. Maybe you could start by putting "everything" in storage, then start fresh by decorating your ranch by adding just a few things at a time.
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 12th 2019 at 3:31 PM
Horsedancer1
I thought I would just wait for the new space. :D I still have tons of things in storage! :D
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 12th 2019 at 7:19 PM
Last Edited May 12th 2019 at 7:22 PM
Anubischick
Hey Horsedancer, please stay, but yes this is a bit intrusive. I don't think the user who did it realised what the result would be, in a lot of games with friends there is usually a reject option, or the friend doesn't actually affect the other's game.

I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt (the first time, after that I'm a Darcy).

I asked in my support ticket for a 'reject help' button so that would solve the issue.

I've been using the golf course to store all my excess stuff. :)

Duckie, I was really confused about the squirrels until I went in to place a tree and there they were in my inventory. Not very clearly explained and once again smacks of 'begging'. Still I'm getting used to that being de rigueur in this game now.
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 12th 2019 at 7:31 PM
Horsedancer1
Yes, Anubischick, I did not know where to look for the squirrels either. As I said, I wait until I have a large inventory before placing anything in the garden, so I just assumed they hadn't arrived yet. I will go into the forum suggestions page and request the same thing. Good luck!
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2019 at 6:15 PM
Anubischick
Update: The icons are gone after the support ticket, and best of all this was the response from Nick

"Friends can no longer help remove your trees/weeds. Next time you visit your ranch, the help popups should be gone. "

I'm hoping that is friends across the board, rather than just me, but I'll take it ;).
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2019 at 6:26 PM
Duckie
Oh yay!
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2019 at 6:49 PM
Horsedancer1
Hurrah!!! Thanks Nick and Anubischick!