Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Questions about the new CNE Game Site
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 3:02 PM
Flybaby
Well, it’s official … I finally made the plunge and transferred my BFG account to the new CNE platform.

I searched the forum, but I’m having a hard time finding the answers to a few questions.

I know the max Friends we can have is 250, but what is the max Buddies we can have? I seem to recall 50???

Also, I know that we can delete friends from our account page, but can we remove buddies, or swap a buddy for a different player on our friends list? (Erika answered this on another post, saying you need over 200 friends to delete a buddy, but somehow, that didn’t make sense to me).

Lastly, what is the difference between the help you can get from “Friends” vs the help you can get from “Buddies”?

Flybaby
https://games.codenameentertainment.com/?u=2174h475d66
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 4:18 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I will let someone more informed answer your questions. I'm still learning too.
Did you keep your screen name? I have gotten a couple of friend request but non I would recognize as you.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 4:22 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Oh! I see your request now :)
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 5:09 PM
Raymond
in all other versions of the game, in order to have the button to delete/purge buddies you need to have over 200 buddies. exactly as Erika said.

in the case of the cne game site, since that IS NOT facebook i have no idea what the difference is between friends and buddies. but the limit is 200 buddies for all the rest of the platforms, one can have as many friends as they want as friends has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with the platform such as facebook...

buddies unwither crops, buddies open blockades, buddies accept energy pack requests, buddies give trinket crafting ingredients, buddies have golf courses one can visit, buddies help with event turnin stations... friends do nothing as far as i know with my 2500 day experience. in facebook though one needs to be a friend first in order for one to be able to send a buddy request, then one can unfriend, and one can even facebook block someone and the buddyness is there permanently until one of you stops playing for over 2 weeks and one of you does a buddy purge of inactive players.
90 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 6:14 PM
davepagsny
Welcome aboard! Accepted request.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 7:15 PM
ArmyMomOkc
You have a beautiful ranch! I so need to put more effort into mine. Yours is so organized & lovely.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 7:19 PM
Last Edited March 3rd 2019 at 7:24 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Ray I had wondered about purging. I am already seeing "buddies" that haven't played in weeks. I have close to the 250 we are allowed. I would like to make room for active players. I'm just afraid to push that button.😟

Afraid something will go wrong & everyone will disappear.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 8:05 PM
Flybaby
Is it possible to have over 50 buddies? I thought I would be limited to just 50.
Here's a thought Armymom ... If you deleted the non active player from the friends list, would he/she disappear from the buddy list?
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 8:48 PM
Raymond
please show me where you see buddies vs where you see friends. as far as i know the only limit is 250. what i said earlier about a limit of 200 is the number needed to 'push the button'
as for things going wrong, i firmly believe that the issues fb people have had for years is simply, only, cause by their having cleared buddies at some point. but have to believe the programmers have learned their lessons and the NEW cne sites purge button will not do to you what it has done to everyone, thousands, of us.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 9:37 PM
Flybaby
Armymom, I notice that there is a "show delete button" to the left of the auto purge button, which when clicked, will allow us to delete individual players.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 9:52 PM
Last Edited March 3rd 2019 at 10:04 PM
Flybaby
Armymom explained the friends/buddies to me in pm, but is this what you're looking for Ray?

Buddy Request
https://prnt.sc/msukob

Max friends
https://prnt.sc/msukvb

PS, the number of friends shown in the image is actually the number of buddies I have so far. The number of friends I have is a little higher than that

PPS There is also a full list of friends on my account page (not just buddies) and there is an icon next to each one with the option of deleting or blocking.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2019 at 10:08 PM
Flybaby
Thank you for your welcome, davepagsny
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2019 at 5:05 AM
Flybaby
Thanks for the compliment Army. I have a lot of fun decorating my ranch. Now I must add some St Patty's day decor. tee-hee
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2019 at 7:26 AM
Duckie
Flybaby.. As far as I've seen.. there is no limit on how many friends you can have on the CNE site.. the buddy limit is 250.

On the CNE site.. you can send requests for energy packs, trinket items, help removing barriers and event help requests to ALL friends. "Buddies" are the only people who can "friend whack" your field, the only ones you can help with their farms, and sadly.. the only people you can send gifts to.

I'm a bit upset that we are limited on whom we can send gifts to - especially as we can send requests to ALL our friends.

I don't know anything about needing a set number of buddies in order to remove or purge people. I really don't like the idea of the game automatically purging people from my list and I don't know how that works... but I have removed a few to make room for a few people who migrated over from BFG later. To remove a buddy, I clicked "Show Delete Button" and was able to then remove specific individuals from my buddy list.
Post by ArmyMomOkc deleted March 4th 2019 at 9:18 AM
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2019 at 9:35 AM
Flybaby
That's a big help Duckie. Thank you! Interesting fact about who we can send gifts to. Good to know. I'm guessing that the auto purge probably removes the ones who haven't played the longest??? But what if they're only on vacation for a couple of weeks? hmmm ... I wonder if we have a chance to cancel after clicking the auto purge button!? Although I'm not at that point yet.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2019 at 12:12 PM
Raymond
yes, thanks for those images.
cne like many programmers, mixes up things a lot,
when it says choose 50 friends. that does mean to select from among your friends people you want to become buddies or provide help or whatever. in similar places it is still called friends when it is clearly buddies. the 50 IS not a limit. at least not for any of my 2500+ days, it might be a limit if you use exactly all 50 in one action, but a long time ago that had been fixed. but i never send 50, i send 45 then i send 45 more then i send 45 more and 45 more... till i use up all mine (for event helps, but i also do not use up all for certain events where all stations open up sequentially within one day)
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2019 at 12:53 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I deleted my earlier post because most was dup of what Duckie had said.

The only thing I thing I have different is in gifts you have the option to send gifts to friends or in-game friends (buddies).

Meaning if you have them in your CNE friends they show up in friends & you can send a gift to them. I have a few non-buddies that filter out when I select game friends.

They show in the add a buddy screen. They have a lot more friends than I do, so no room for little me as a buddy.

https://prnt.sc/mt7lt8

372 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2019 at 2:52 PM
phagras
Auto purge becomes available when you have over 200 buddies and deletes all players who have not played for over a month. So people who go away for a couple of weeks should be fine.

Personally I never auto purge but sort by "last played", go to the bottom of the list and manually remove people. The reason being there are some inactive players I hope will come back.
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2019 at 4:34 PM
Duckie
Thank you Army.. They didn't tell us they fixed it so we could gift all our friends.