Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
New Codename Games Site!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 5:45 AM
Flybaby
I am reminded of my earlier days when I played FB games. As much as I enjoyed the games, I found the friends aspect to be very time consuming. I eventually quit my very addictive games, and swore I would never fall into that trap again ... Until BW2 came along. I think I got my level up to level 7 on FB, before I realized that I did not enjoy playing on this type of platform anymore.

Then I discovered BW2 on BigFish. Wow ... what a difference in game play. A very relaxed type of play experience in comparison, and I could play independently without asking and waiting for help, or feeling guilt if I couldn't reciprocate . Friends were people we met along the way, and had the choice of interacting with.

Players who have not have experienced playing on both types of platforms don't know the difference, and can't understand why BFG players are having a hard time with the migration. Their advice, while well intended, isn't helping right now. Patience and understanding will go a long way in helping BFG players during this transition.

Personally speaking, I am waiting as long as I can before migrating. I am grateful for the advice and feedback from those BF players who have made the plunge before me.

The extra little perks that come with the change-over aren't important to me, and [IMHO] are not necessary to my game play. I will give the new format a shot when the time comes, but I do so with great trepidation from my past experience with BW2 on Facebook. I'm fearful that this format may not work for me.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 6:07 AM
Raymond
one does not need to have paypal in order to make purchases using paypal. that sounds strange but is true (at least on the facebook version of the game). when you go to buy something paypal has option to use gift cards or credit cards or whatever and does not need you to have paypal or even if you do have paypal does not need you to log into it. the purchase is standalone using them as a middleman and is transparent to you the purchaser.
hope that makes sense. those of you wanting to make a purchase just try it.
16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 8:49 AM
Wolf Felis
@not Raymond you are really not helping at this point. I am sure you think you are but you really aren't sorry. If you really want to know why this is so hard go to bigfishgames.com make an account you don't love and try the game. Maybe then you will see why this is so hard on those from there. Personally I feel like I have been uprooted from a comfortable home and thrust into a world where nothing is the same I am disoriented and lost.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 9:00 AM
Raymond
um. i was replying to someone who erroneously stated that one has to have paypal in order to buy things in game. he buys things in game at least when on bfg and stated wrongly that one can not here...
i am contributing to this conversation, your spewing hate is not
16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 9:04 AM
RC7
"Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Hi folks,

I posted this in Cyber's other thread but I wanted to post it here to for posterity:

We understand that some of these changes will be quite jarring, but we believe that the version of the game on the Codename Games site contains the most fun and interesting aspects, including some important pieces that were missing from BigFish (such as the ability to get trinket crafting materials). We think if you give the new features a shot, you'll find they aren't intrusive or limiting, but rather give you more options for play and more ways to interact with the people you're playing with.

As always we'll be paying attention to feedback from you folks and making changes if we feel they're necessary. We can tell you are passionate and we want to deliver you a game that you'll continue to be passionate about."

Justin, how can you claim this 'contains the most fun and interesting aspects' when you are FORCING us to play a format that a lot of us clearly have no interest in. How can you say 'important pieces' were missing from BFG format when you remove a very important piece - 5 small energy packs - from us??
To all the DEVS - I have played this game on BFG for over 6 yrs. It is a way for me to zone out from all the 'socializing' I am required to do for my job. I DO NOT WANT A 'SOCIAL GAME'!!!!!!! IF I DID, I WOULD HAVE PLAYED ON FB FORMAT - I PLAY NO GAMES ON FB!!

DEVS - GIVE US THE OPTION OF THE 'FRIENDS FORMAT'. DO NOT FORCE IT ON US. AS WITH OTHERS ON HERE - IT WILL BE A DEAL BREAKER FOR ME!!!!!
6 years of effort down the drain because you are FORCING YOUR BELIEFS ON ME!!
24 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 9:28 AM
Last Edited January 23rd 2019 at 9:34 AM
Carol Roggenkamp
I play on BFG, FB, Kong and armorgames. I know this is a huge change for BFG players, really big so many different things. I would love for all of you to at least give it a try, if you do not like it after that, then fine. All I am asking for you to do it try it. Like I told my children as they were little, you can not say you hate a certain food or place, if you have not tried it.
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 9:35 AM
Last Edited January 23rd 2019 at 10:39 AM
Barbara Tompkins
TO all you BFish players..I ''REALLY'' ''DO''understand how you all feel....I probably would feel the same way.
From alllll the comments I have read, I can see why you are all upset. It sure sounds like a great experience for BW2 game on BFish Platform.. Good Luck all. Maybe,,, just give a try......you never know...
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 10:23 AM
VikingHelga
@Devs, although I don´t like the friends system and I do think that this migration more than sucked, here is a tip to you guys on how you could have made this horrible experience into a great one: Since you want everyone to play with "friends" (aka strangers), to get them hooked on the social aspect, you could have filled up the 6 initial "friend"-slots with bots and left the other slots for people who like friend-based-games to add their own friends IF they wanted to do so. For people like me and many others who want to play alone, there would be 6 lovely Bots taking care of our requests. That really wouldn't be so hard, now would it? Just program those bot-users to acquiesce to every request by default and voilá, everybody would be happy.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 12:16 PM
Flybaby
Great idea, Cybersix.

POGO games does something similar, where some game rooms give the choice of playing with real people or bots.

The problem with friend based games is that there are a lot of extra steps one must do that takes time, and takes away the enjoyment of playing the game. ie, sending friend requests & then clicking again to send buddy requests, then having to click again to accept friend requests & buddy requests. Clicking to ask for energy etc, etc, then having to click popups to accept the help, and having to click popups again when friends ask for energy. Phew!

One question I have is, why do any games have to be friend based at all when they can be developed either way ??? I'm at that stage in life where I like keeping things simple. Life is crazy/busy enough.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 12:41 PM
Raymond
the purpose behind the need for friends in games like this is for you to get real people you are friends with, family too, and others to want to play the game. it is a business and this is one way to get people into it. i do notthink it works at all and seems like nobody tries to get non players to want to play
16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 1:31 PM
Wolf Felis
@fly I love the bots (even if they do cheat at Gin) I don't like the idea of people either. Its already too people-y in the real world for me, bots would be ideal. Right now I do have friends and am posting my friends link. I am wondering with all the friending how in hades do you find time to play?!!!?
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 2:20 PM
Last Edited January 25th 2019 at 10:28 AM
VikingHelga
This was posted by my friend Cybersix, before she donated her account to me, the Viking... : @ Flybaby The friends thing, I think, is more for kids. A RL friend of mine is a teacher and she says that when one of her students gets into a game, shortly after, the whole class is playing the same game. When you are a kid or teen everything happens in crowds. I get the Devs standpoint on this. But I also think that there has to be an alternative for players who do not want to engage in the social aspects of the game. YOu see.. let´s say I add you as a friend... you are a nice person, we chat a bit, then you ask me for a power pack, or a powerwhack or help at something in the game... and I am away for three days... then what? I get online and see I have ignored your request... I feel bad, I want to make it up... I can't... I get all uncomfortable to ask you for stuff... Kids don´t have those empathy pains yet. They just shake it off because the next day in class they work it out in real life. I wish someone would create half a dozen bots so I could finish the game in peace.
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 2:25 PM
Last Edited January 25th 2019 at 10:28 AM
VikingHelga
This was posted by my friend Cybersix, before she donated her account to me, the Viking... : @ Wolf Felis, I tried playing without friends and the worst part of it are the obstacles that just stand there waiting for the player to fill up slots with friends. They seem to add one random stranger to a slot every 24 hours... so maybe these obstacles can be passed in 8 or 9 days without having to "friend" anyone. Its still ridiculous and annoying, but doable. The packs are gone and the player definitely depends on bothering other people to get extra packs. The game is ruined... but apparently it can be finished if one has endless patience to wait a week or so at every tight spot.
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 2:43 PM
Duckie
HAHA Wolfie.. those bots DO cheat at Gin!!

I play games that require friends elsewhere and have always found drama ensues. Personalities are thrust into your gameplay. As I've gotten older, my patience to walk on eggshells to keep in-game needed friends has gotten thin.

In the other games I play, I delete friends a couple times a month. If someone starts to irritate me for any reason - I now just delete them so even though I'll interact with them in chat (IF chat is part of that game) - I am no longer helping someone I don't want to deal with anymore. And this is the main reason I loved the game on BFG.

I'm a chatter, but I've also got health issues where some days I just want to escape and not talk to anyone. Playing on BFG gave me that escape.

That said... I do love a lot about this new platform and I'm happy with the change now. I'm enjoying myself again.

**HUGS** to all my fellow Big Fishers
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 3:15 PM
Flybaby
**HUGS** back to you Duckie, and everyone who is taking time to give their feedback and opinions.

I also want to welcome all the new poster's to this forum. It's always nice to get different view points from other players.
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 4:11 PM
thatgirl27
At this point I just want to transfer my account back over to BF and have the game die in March when the transfer date comes. I don't really care about the energy packs, I would keep playing without them, but the stupid road blocks that require "friends" or connections to other players is the end for me. I will us up all my stored energy and bush bucks and let my player dies, hope to get to the flux again, but with the week long road blocks I don't know that I will. Too bad, but I agree, I just got some time back. All good things come to an end. . .
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 5:13 PM
Anubischick
Cyber62.0 the bots is a great idea. A compromise which allows the ex-BFG's to play solo and still stops the devs from having to code two different systems. Let's hope they can implement it, that will solve the biggest hurdle/concern for us.

Duckie (are you D&L from BFG? If you are I like your golf course!) I am similar in my outlook. There is one game I play where there is a friend aspect and I regularly cull my flist when people just get too much. But in that game the requests are simply broadcast to the whole flist and anyone can choose to help or not with no need to balance obligation. It's more of a Gorilla Kindness/Pay it Forward type situation. Like you I also have some concerns in RL which mean I can be away from a game for days at a time, so the type of friend system in this other game works better for me. However it gives me hope to hear you are finding the new platform rewarding.

I am going to migrate eventually once the kinks are worked out (and if that bot idea flies I'll be doing it sooner), and I am sad to hear that some of my fellow BFGers aren't going to make the transition.

The upside of all this is that given some of the comments in this thread and throughout this forum, I've got a pretty good idea of who I will approach with a friend/buddy request if I need to do so, so that's a silver lining :).

Cheers
AC
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 5:33 PM
Last Edited January 25th 2019 at 10:27 AM
VikingHelga
This was posted by my friend Cybersix, before she donated her account to me, the Viking... : @thatgirl27 - I found out that you can play alone if you don´t mind waiting 8 or 9 days in a row at some obstacles to add random strangers to slots that must be filled with "friends" so you can proceed. The 5 energy packs are gone and the whole experience is kinda ruined... but it is possible... I will try to proceed friendless... don't know if the joy-factor will be the same... probably not because I will always be reminded every step of the way that the game is not for people like me... everything will be "ask your friends", "add friends"... but if you have the patience and are not feeling totally betrayed, I guess you can go on.. you don't have to kill your character if you don't want to. ****BIGfish HUGS***
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 5:34 PM
Duckie
Anub.. yes I'm duckandlion from BFG.. I'm imnotaduck on the new platform as that is my screenname everywhere else anyway. Thanks.. I need to finish the last few holes.. I've neglected it.. haha
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 5:37 PM
Last Edited January 25th 2019 at 10:27 AM
VikingHelga
This was posted by my friend Cybersix, before she donated her account to me, the Viking... : @ Anubischick --- thanks! I posted that idea in the hopes that maybe some Dev could be kindhearted enough to add the bots. I do hope they do. Would improve the gameplay a lot. Not only for us BFGamers... but also for new folks who are picking up the game and do not know anything... not even how the friend-system works. Maybe they could add bot-friends for money... whatever makes them happy too. I am relly happy you guys like the bot idea... that gives me hope. : )