Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7
New Codename Games Site!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 3:40 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Today we have some good news and some bad news.

The good news first: We're happy to announce a new platform for Bush Whacker 2 -- the Codename Games site! Unfortunately, the bad news is that Bush Whacker 2 will no longer be available to play on Big Fish Games after April 30th, 2019.

Luckily, you can very easily transfer your progress to the new Codename Games site by clicking the new link above the game on Big Fish Games.

We hope all of you Big Fish Games players will join us on the new Codename site, where we have a full fledged new friends system for you to explore!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 3:43 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
You can find more info for Big Fish Games players migrating to the Codename Games Site in the FAQ under the "Codename Games Site" topic. Here's a link to the FAQ:

https://games.codenameentertainment.com/?page=game&game_id=1&_page=help&_category=8
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 4:24 PM
Flybaby
I am okay with a new platform, but I am very disappointed that it will be yet another "Friends System." That is the reason I stopped playing FB games and switched to BF. It's how I found this wonderful game. I don't like being dependent on having to have friends help me play the game, and not being able to advance if I don't. I so wish you could develop a platform where you have a choice to play with friends or without friends.
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 4:37 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Because most of our other platforms have friend systems of some sort, we felt this was the best way to provide parity and allow us to develop new systems and build upon existing ones that would be useful on all platforms.

With that said, we encourage you to give the new system a chance. The friends system is pretty lightweight and in most cases will give you more opportunities to progress, plus you don't have to share any private personal information with your friends, like you do on FB.
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 4:42 PM
Ex_Bubblehead
Why take away the 5 daily energy packs? I can see needing friends for additional packs, but to take away what has been given freely for years is quite upsetting.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 4:44 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I agree with Flybaby. On the bright side I have gotten to know a few of you so I have at least 2 BF people to be my friends. I like the discount I get through Big Fish, I guess I will lose that too.
Since there is no choice, I will go with the flow. I wish I could see the differences before I move over before the deadline.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 4:47 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Fly have you moved yet? I haven't clicked the button yet to make the move. Do we keep the same user name?
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 4:51 PM
Ex_Bubblehead
@ArmyMomOkc, I just moved over and had to create a new account here to do so. If your username is available (as mine was) there should be no problem.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 4:55 PM
Flybaby
Not yet, Armymom. I would be curious about registry to view the FAQ, but I'm afraid to, as I don't know if that will transfer my game over. I'm not ready to do that yet, as I would like some feedback first.
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 4:58 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
macroman1 - The daily energy packs were initially put in as compensation for the friend system being absent from BFG. Now that it's back, you can get far more pack per day from friends.

Another benefit of the friends system over friendless -- you can now get trinket crafting materials from friends, instead of having to buy them all!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 5:06 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Justin the trinket crafting is a good point. I haven't done it because it is soo expensive. Will only former BF players be in this platform or are there already players that have been playing on this CNE platform?
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 5:07 PM
Flybaby
I see 2 different dates that we must transfer by. March 20 and April 30. Which one is correct?
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 5:22 PM
Last Edited January 21st 2019 at 5:22 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Flybaby - You can continue to play on BFG until March 20th, after which point you MUST transfer to be able to play. After April 30th we can't guarantee you'll be able to load the game on BFG in order to transfer.

Armymom - Right now BFG is the first to access the new platform, but anyone can sign up and play there, and we may migrate other platforms there in the future (but we have nothing to announce in that regard at this time).
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 6:05 PM
sfergu4127
I fully agree with Flybaby. I am very disappointed in the friends requirement. I don't like loosing the small package and only being able to get it from friends. I also lost my garden vegetables in the transfer as they all were dead.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 6:57 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I guess I'm going to make the plunge now & see what happens. See you on the other side Fly!
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 6:59 PM
VisionAri
I agree with Flybaby and Ex_Bubblehead. As someone who played on BFG, the game is now going to be harder because I've lost about a third of the energy I had to play with each day.

I don't plan to stop playing altogether, but this will probably be my last Event; I don't want to have to play two or three times a day just to complete.
16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 7:59 PM
RC7
I deal with people all day, this game was one of the ways I decompress and get some 'me' time. It's absolutely ridiculous that they want to force us into the 'friends' system. C'mon, DEVS, give us an option but for those that choose not to use the system don't punish us!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 8:24 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I did the move and all is good so far. My crops are okay. Lots of players I know are there and we have starting sharing links to friend. That is what has people confused. Def a learning curve.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 8:44 PM
Last Edited January 21st 2019 at 8:57 PM
Flybaby
Good luck, Armymom. I'll get there eventually, but I'm in no hurry. Do keep in touch, either here or on FB.
PS. Save a Friend Spot for me :-)
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 9:14 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I do like some of it. The gifting is much easier. I like being able to go help on friends farms. I will be there when you are ready Fly :)