Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29
High Jungle Quest Hub
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 8:43 PM
Raymond
you know, if you have rankings on the platforms you play this game on like we do here in facebook, you can click on someone in the top 10 and look at their achievements to see some you might not have accessed yet.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 8:46 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Raymond,
Okay, that's what I needed to know. I saw in the wiki comments about the store and purchasing the drink being required.
As I said, I think the map would be more helpful if the required achievements where shown then checked off when completed.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2018 at 8:44 AM
Last Edited July 12th 2018 at 8:50 AM
Flybaby
Armymom, I happened to re-read an older thread in which you asked the same question about the Claudette acheivement). Erika posted "The artifacts come from completing the puzzles in the Rocksmashers city 4 times each, so the sudoku, the number slide and the pillar trial." Does this help you at all?
http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=23507
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2018 at 9:38 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Flybaby,
I remember her giving me that answer. I have done 16 puzzles so far (Sudoku & Pillar) I haven't kept track of how many of each I have done. I know I have done more Sudoku than Pillar, is there a way to know? I think I just need to be patient, lol.
Thank you!
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2018 at 10:12 AM
Raymond
if you have done enough of each of the three then the gate behind each has its chains all fallen off and you can access the treasure chest beyond each gate
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2018 at 10:33 AM
Flybaby
You didn't mention the sliding puzzle on the upper left side. Have you done that one yet? and as Erika stated in another post, "Yup, four times each to remove the 4 chains from the gates guarding the chests with the artifacts in them."
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2018 at 9:54 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I forgot I have done 1 slider (my least fav btw). I have 2 places where the chains have been breaking. The Sudoku I have done several times is the front on the left. The chest to left of it is the only chest I have gotten so far.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2018 at 4:00 AM
Flybaby
The slider has become my favorite since I learned some tips on solving it. BTW, did you know that the puzzles change [most] every day, so you can skip over the ones you don't want or need to do, by just waiting another day or two. (BTW, my least favorite is the pillar reaction)
Here's the link for the slider solving tips:
https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/sliding-block-puzzles-232130/a-fool-proof-guide-to-solving-every-solvable-slidi-1802039/
Post by Flybaby deleted July 13th 2018 at 8:59 AM
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2018 at 6:43 AM
Last Edited July 13th 2018 at 6:44 AM
Raymond
i learned slider puzzles over 45 years ago but when doing them for bw1 i learned a few new tricks mostly to solve in fewer moves.
here is a site and an applet i like that one can set to any size puzzle 2x2 to 10x10 and even rectangular, and set for any specific starting position.
https://www.jaapsch.net/puzzles/fifteen.htm
the applet on that page:
https://www.jaapsch.net/puzzles/javascript/fifteenj.htm

3 cool things to do are set it for 10x10 and watch it solve a random one, the things it does at the right of nearly every column is cool.
set it for 2 wide x 10 tall or 3x10 to see that perhaps easier
and 10x3 to see another way to do the last 2 rows
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2018 at 7:19 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Flybaby, you and me both on the pillar puzzle. I can do it if I keep trying but mostly Im slow and its uncomfortable. When I discovered how to skip it I did a happy dance.

Raymond: thank you for the links. I'm looking forward to using them and watching. I like doing the slider puzzle and think it will be fun to watch auto solve on different dimensions.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2018 at 10:03 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I have a hard time with small items to move, so I get frustrated.

Flybaby, I didn't know it would change if I waited, I will do that going forward!
I got a slider today and the info you and Raymond shared will help me a lot.
I like the pillar puzzles, could be because I have only done a few so far :)

Thank you both for the tips! I will give the sliders another chance :)
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2018 at 1:19 PM
phagras
I play on a laptop & had to steal the mouse from the kids' computer to complete the pillar reaction. Was very annoying. Once I opened the door I didn't do any more.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2018 at 1:26 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I have to use a mouse, I can't use the one built into the laptop. My right hand has nerve damage, doesn't always do what I tell it too. I have tried, just not comfortable for me.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2018 at 1:51 PM
phagras
I use a cordless trackball these days. Means I can have my hand in whatever position is most comfortable (or sometimes least painful).
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2018 at 5:30 PM
Raymond
flybaby, does it change if you accept it but do not start doing it? or once accepted that's it.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 15th 2018 at 4:25 AM
Flybaby
Raymond, once you accept a trial, that's it. You're stuck with it until you finish it. It works just like the dailies. If you don't accept it, the trial will change every day. But, just like dailies, it's possible to see the same trial repeat a few times, and you may have to wait a day or more until the one you want shows up.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 15th 2018 at 4:43 AM
Flybaby
Rebecca and Phagras ... I feel the same as both of you regarding the pillar trial. It is doable, and it was a little easier to do after the devs slowed it down a bit. But the last time I tried doing it, it seemed faster again. I got frustrated and paid BB's to finish it. No more pillars for me.

I always use a mouse. I've never liked using the mouse pad on my laptop. It's annoyingly slow for me. I have never tried a trackball. I imagine there is a learning curve with that.
Lvl 431 "Garden Guru"
85 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 6:42 AM
Marie Savory Ne Holder
i have already forgot the clue in helping me to a hidden entrance,
can you tell it to me again as i cant find it in game cheers
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 9:39 AM
Last Edited July 26th 2018 at 9:40 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Im not sure what entrance you are referencing. Have you tried the Wiki for your question?

http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page