Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
New Zone! Spine of the World!
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2016 at 8:16 AM
Raymond
took me a long time, a few hours, honest. but I would only have the patience to try 5 or 10 times at any one sitting, those few hours took 2 days, honest.
remove mount, do not just dismount.
remove pet.
remove all things like hat, cape, glasses. can't remove gloves or sword, but sword you can replace with a smaller one (and put speed runes on it).
remove all trinkets and put in all speed trinkets you have.
set the speedwalk setting to I'm not sure exactly.
perform a flash cache clear today. perhaps use a completely different computer like a public library.
then comes strategy, the wiki page mentions them.
walk to an empty area, keep looking for falling snow, walk to what will be empty but keep in mind that you can't walk through one almost fallen all the way down which all will be right before the end anyway, so hope for luck. That's why it took me a long time, you NEED the random number generator to have snow falling in a nice manner at the end.

I'm sure the Dev's are doing to slow/dumb it down when they hear what absolute trouble everyone had/has with this, like they did with the Cop in sanctuary.
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2016 at 3:41 PM
DestKitteh
Yeah... I did that. The faster it gets, the worse I get. >.<
134 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2016 at 6:00 PM
Sheldon Hagel
I completed the avalanche on the first try, with mount but dismounted. No speed trinkets and no removal of any items. It is possible. You cannot watch the shadows, you must watch how the snow falls. It takes some eye hand coordination, but can be done.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 22nd 2016 at 6:28 PM
Flybaby
I agree, Sheldon. Watching the shadows helped at first, until it became too fast. Watching the snow fall helped me more than watching the shadows. I did not dismount and did not use any speed trinkets.
Lvl 400 "Savior of Sanctuary"
227 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 23rd 2016 at 4:31 PM
Leona Virgo
I have not reached this point that you are talking about and i hope it won't be changed until i at least have a go at it, i would suggest that after x amount of tries it will become easier for that individual so everyone would start at the same difficulty, if it is considered to need a change.
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 24th 2016 at 1:45 AM
DestKitteh
I DID IT!

Oh man. *breathes*

I had to shift to using a 32 inch screen, which definitely made it easier for me to see the "snowballs" of avalanche. Also had to have good music to concentrate on, rather than the game. Oh man.

Also, my hands HURT from the excitement I felt at finally achieving it!!!!
134 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 24th 2016 at 11:42 AM
Sheldon Hagel
Grats, Destiny!
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 25th 2016 at 8:10 PM
Barbara Tompkins
I would just like to state that everyone is going to find '''their'' own way of defeating the Redman..Furthermore,,,I also believe that there is no right or wrong way..Moreover,,whatever one does to get through the mini-game. I say well done..I found that the dismounting of my pet & using a speed trinket(shoe) is what got me through the mini-game...It sure was a challenge...but I did it after many tries...:-)
Lvl 420 "Needs More Energy!"
103 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2016 at 8:28 AM
Jennifer Mitchell
I agree with Barbara it sure was a challenge but all I did was follow Sheldon's advice dismount and follow the snowballs and not the grey patches and I finally beat the Red man so thank you Sheldon.
44 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2016 at 7:09 PM
Tim Bezant
what is the angle and power for the snow mortar 9000?
Post by Tim Bezant deleted September 28th 2016 at 7:15 PM
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2016 at 9:59 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Im not gona spoil it but heres the wiki link http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Spine_of_the_World
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 30th 2016 at 2:06 PM
Last Edited September 30th 2016 at 2:17 PM
Barbara Tompkins
"Thoroughly '' enjoyed Nate's Ancient Vault Raid'' Journey in The Spine Of The World..hahaha..you dev's are veryyyy creative to say the least...with Nate's Adventures...this one is the BEST yet..(Plateau Ruins completed)...KUDOS....:-)
I did this while watching the Ryder Cup..as well :-)
12 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 30th 2016 at 9:16 PM
peggyt1950
In the Cliffs of Korak I have all 4 keys and have completed all the puzzles, but when I try to insert the keys in the stone it says they all fall out no matter what order I use to insert them. I have found no hints about this anywhere and reading the pillar that says water flows down to fill secret spaces doesn't mean anything to me. Any help will be appreciated.
134 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2016 at 7:46 AM
Sheldon Hagel
Peggy, the water flows down clue means that the first shape is at the top of the waterfall, the second is above the bridge, the third is just below the bridge, and the final shape is at the bottom of the last fall (all in the water). The order of those from top to bottom is the order you must place them into the stone. Good luck.
Post by Sheldon Hagel deleted October 1st 2016 at 10:23 AM
12 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2016 at 8:29 AM
peggyt1950
Thanks so much, Sheldon. I called myself looking for those shapes in the waterfall and apparently I failed to see them, big time. Will go back and try again. Back again and it's done! Whew! The triangle and the diamond were hard to differentiate but the square and circle were easy. You're so good to be here willing to help and I do appreciate it.
134 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2016 at 10:22 AM
Sheldon Hagel
Grats, peggy! Glad you figured it out! Happy to help.
30 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2016 at 4:07 PM
kurtrahn
People have referred to the wiki content for Spine fo the World: http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Spine_of_the_World

I see the teaser but no content. Has nobody done the content yet?
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2016 at 5:18 PM
Raymond
they are referring to the fact that that page, and a whole lot of wiki pages, have a whole lot of information in the form of user comments below the bottom of the page, long before any information is added to the page.
everything has an answer somewhere.