Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
New Content Update! Missions!

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2016 at 6:57 AM
Andreas
@MisterSemptember: There are a couple of threads open in the technical section with regards to the topic.

@Seofirosu Muramasa: I'm with Raymond on this one and I'm not a developer, either. Yes, this might be a disadvantage, but come on, this is not an error at all. This looks like you want all the good things coming with the missions, but not the tiniest disadvantages and challenges that come with them. Yes, the crusaders' are not able to collect idols for you, but in the long run, that's not a big problem. It might 'cost' you an additional reset or an additional free run to 'get back' the idols you would get, but play this game for a few weeks and you're able to to a free play run within an hour. Getting Enchantment Points for event crusaders on the other hand is definately worth this time.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2016 at 3:31 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Erich: Yes, sorry about that. Bush Whacker and RoboRabbit should count as Clickers. We'll fix that once we're back in the office.

@ Azamagon: I don't know yet what will happen with old events. If we follow all our other games, we might end up running them again, with additions for veteran players. But I haven't been part of those discussions at this point in time.

If you want Pete and Mister before then, I would suggest trying the mission. 50% can be a success.

@ Josh: When you unlock an event Crusader, they end up with the base 30% (or more if you have the talent) of EP shared on the slot. If they don't have any disenchanted gear, then they don't have any EP of their own.

Or are you saying that EP gained from the missions isn't counting as EP?

@ Seofirsou: Thank you for the feedback. That's why we put a maximum of 50% of your Crusaders to send out on missions, so that new players can still earn some Idols.

Part of the strategy with missions is to plan who you can do without and if you need the reward of the missions you currently have available.

@ MisterSemptember: Thank you for the report. If you put in a help request using the "Help and Support" link in the footer of the game (white text, beside copyright Codename), then we can look at your account.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2016 at 5:37 AM
Raymond
I had a hard mission fail and I apparently have some injured crusaders, BUT I see no crusaders identified as injured, i see so injury icon, as a matter of fact, in all 22 of my aavailable crusaders in missions, not a single icon for them seem to have a tool tip mouse over anymore
bug somehow

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2016 at 6:48 AM
Josh Lines
@ Erica Oh, that was my mistake, I didn't know the newly unlocked event characters always shared EP with the other crusader in their slot. I thought they just got some automatically so they could keep pace with the crusaders we already had. Thanks for clarifying that!

87 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2016 at 8:10 AM
Last Edited May 30th 2016 at 8:54 AM
Erich
@Erika: Thank you.

edit: "Formation saves being messed up will be dealt with once we are back in the office on Monday, hopefully within good time." That answered my question, so we're good 8^)

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2016 at 10:34 AM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Raymond: Interesting. Looks like Alan and Broot are injured. If you refresh does that show up in game?

@ Josh: Good to know.

@ Erich: You're welcome. :)

@ Everyone: My understanding of the gear missions was a bit cloudy. The gear will update in order (Empty -> Common-> Uncommon-> Rare ->Epic), but you don't need the common-common-common, or rare-rare-rare, etc. for that to happen.

The gear missions will randomly upgrade one slot each completion, so you could have common-common-rare and get upgraded to common-common-epic.

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2016 at 12:59 PM
Seofirosu Muramasa
Proposal: gear missions upgrade epics to golden epics (maybe with 2-3 missions if too op)!

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2016 at 12:59 PM
SnapDragon
As a newer player (around 5000 idols), I love the Mission update! I look forward to slowly catching up on the Event characters I've missed. I'm not sure how useful they'll be without any gear, but I guess in the long (long, long, long) run that will happen too. :)

But I'll second that sending characters on missions really shouldn't harm your idol rate. It's a non-obvious newbie trap. And even knowing about it, it's a real pain trying to calculate which characters are "safe" to send on a long mission without impacting my idol counts. (It's a lot more natural to say "hmm, I'll need this Crusader's abilities on this run, better not send him.") Also, if you mess up you're screwed for a few days.

I thought the idea was to have your benched Crusaders work for you; "working" for you by sitting on the bench to be upgraded isn't exactly satisfying, is it?

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2016 at 2:09 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ SnapDragon: Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, after seeing all the comments over the weekend, we've changed our stance on the Idols from Crusaders on Missions.

We want resets to be fun, not a bunch of extra work, so you will get Idols from Crusaders out on missions, if they are on the bench and leveled up.

87 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2016 at 9:52 PM
Erich
@Erika: May I ask for a favour? I'm not asking for a freebie, so no worries. The mission for me to unlock Robo Turkey takes a clicker, and like you acknowledged, Robo Rabbit and Bush Whacker don't count (though they should). So I have a 73% chance to complete this mission. It's not as high as it should be because of the bug, but because the mission is going to expire I started it as soon as I could. Screenshot:

http://imgur.com/42V4UDr

So here is the favour I'm asking:

If I fail this mission, may I get a chance to try it again? Like I said, I'm not asking for a freebie; I just want a fair chance to complete it. But because I need to get it started due to the expiration time, and it's a 3 day investment, and the bug isn't fixed yet (as of Tuesday, May 31th, 12:25am EST), I would like to request a retry if this mission isn't a win.

Does that sound fair? 8^)

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2016 at 6:51 AM
traigo
The refresh thing is annoying. I can be looking at the list, no new missions added, and it scrolls to the top. Also, I was trying to get my % up on a 2 day mission and playing with different crusaders when it refreshed. It went back to empty and I had to start over.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2016 at 10:26 AM
Erika/Alyniana
@ traigo: Thank you for the feedback. We are looking into a fix for that with the missions fix update we are putting out.

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2016 at 10:42 AM
thedude
I am very much enjoying the new mission content, and am mostly happy with how it is set up, however, I do have one small idea. I would like it if we had the option to toggle on a warning if we are about to empty a seat on our bench.

I am usually pretty good at keeping track my self, but when I am idol farming, I don't want to accidentally send out both crusaders in one slot, and prevent my self from leveling them to optimize my idol count.

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2016 at 4:39 PM
Azaryah
thedude -

Eroka said, if i understood it correctly, in the recent AMA (#8), that this issue will be solved with the next update. They are moving the "on a mission" sign to the portrait rather than the upgrade button - so crusaders on missions, though not able to be put in your campaign formation, WILL be able to be leveled up and contribute to idol-gain.

After that, there already is a warning (unless you turned it off) that warns if you are about to start a mission with a crusader who is actually in your formation.

I am personally VERY much looking forward to this update. It being the one thing about missions that i disliked upon trying them out.
Post by Azaryah deleted June 1st 2016 at 4:41 PM

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2016 at 4:40 PM
Erika/Alyniana
The fix patch is out. :)

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2016 at 4:42 PM
Last Edited June 1st 2016 at 4:51 PM
Azaryah
Wow, that's good timing - i'm just about to reset! Better go and reload before i do that...

[edit] Just read through the list of tweaks and fixes and they are great. Thanks so much - and thank the developers for getting to them so fast. This has improved the gameplay yet again.

19 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2016 at 8:01 PM
AllenMS828
If you successfully earn a reward like a gold or DPS buff, I assume you can choose Skip to keep it in your queue instead of using it right away. But if you do that, will it stay there indefinitely, or will it expire at some point? If it expires, is there a set amount of time, or does it vary by reward type/size? I have a mission for a day-long DPS buff, but I'd like to save it for the weekend when I can actually use it.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2016 at 8:18 PM
Raymond
that is not what skip does.
you don't win or lose till you accept the missions ending.
skipping allows you to delay that till whenever you want.
but you don't know if you will win or lose till then

19 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2016 at 8:41 PM
AllenMS828
Thanks! I guess I should've said "If you complete a mission", but since I would only do it with 100%, in this case it's the same thing. :o)