Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Teapot Challenge Strategy Guide

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 15th 2014 at 9:11 PM
Last Edited February 20th 2014 at 12:10 PM
Rebecca Furlong
Since the teapot challenge seems to be one of the biggest causes of frustration in the game and a lot of players are still struggling with it, I figured I'd write a strategy guide for it which will hopefully help some of you. There's nothing you can do about your luck (or the lack thereof), but you CAN control how you use your resources and your time, so this strategy is designed to make the best use of both and give you the best chance of beating the challenge.

Please note that this strategy guide does not GUARANTEE success because like anything else in any Egg Breaker game, whether or not you beat this challenge largely depends on your luck and the amount of resources you have at your disposal, but being armed with a strategy certainly helps! This strategy comes from someone who has beaten the challenge using it, so without further ado...

BEFORE YOU START THE CHALLENGE:

#1. This challenge requires some preparation beforehand. You need to spend at least a few days (or possibly weeks) saving up stars (in the monkey, not star crates), area tokens, multiplier crates, monkey bucks, and DJArts tokens. I do not recommend that you save hammer sacks, hammer crates, or star crates because your inventory has a maximum of 50 slots and you will need those spaces for multiplier crates which will be the biggest help to you in this challenge. Save as many of these as you can before you attempt this challenge. The ideal situation is to have 50 multiplier crates, 1000 stars on the monkey, 10'000 area tokens on the monkey, enough DJArts tokens to buy at least a few crates, and however many monkey bucks as you can get your hands on. Get as close to this ideal as you can before you attempt the challenge.

#2. You should also collect the toques which increase your chances of winning nothing. Although it IS technically possible to beat the challenge without any toques (as I know for a fact that people have done it and I myself got 17/25 nothings without them), I really wouldn't recommend attempting this challenge without any toques. My advice is to get as many of these toques as you can wear before you attempt this challenge. When I finally beat the challenge, all of my toques had a bonus of at least 5% and some were as high as 10%, but you will obviously have to use whatever you happen to have.

#3. Every challenge egg may or may not contain the teapot challenge, so whenever you come across a challenge egg, make sure that you have A) at least a full hour of time you can spend playing the game and B) either a lot of hammers or the ability to buy more (via DJArts tokens or monkey bucks) before you decide to break it. I always seemed to get this challenge whenever I was in a hurry, but it's no good to even attempt this challenge if you don't have enough time for it. Expect to spend the full hour doing this challenge. You also need to make sure that you'll have enough hammers. You will need at least one full banana's worth of hammers (and possibly two) in order to beat it. If you are short on time or on hammers, DO NOT hit the challenge egg--instead, go play on a different stage until you run out of hammers and then come back when a banana ripens--and the challenge egg will still be there where you left it. A fresh start is the best chance you have for winning! This is true for all challenges, by the way, and not just the teapot challenge.

DURING THE CHALLENGE:

#1. Equip as many toques as you possibly can. If you have more toques than you can equip, then equip the very best ones you have (the ones with the highest bonus percentages, obviously). Also equip the ordinary hammer (which is the one you started the game with). You should not use any other hammer or any other hat because they will increase your chances of something other than a nothing being in the eggs which is exactly what you DON'T want for this challenge.

#2. You only have an hour to beat this challenge and most people run out of time, so be very careful about how you use yours. Play as quickly as you can, try not to let yourself get distracted by anything, and definitely don't waste time posting messages in the chat. Answer Mr. Monkey's trivia questions because you might win crates that will help you, but wait until after the challenge before you talk to anyone because you really won't have time to do so. Also, once you have your toques and ordinary hammer equipped, don't switch back and forth between hats or hammers because you don't have enough time to do that either. It's extremely tempting to equip multiplier hats or multiplier hammers when you're trying to build your multiplier, but don't do it.

#3. The challenge specifically states that you must win nothing a total of 25 times with a multiplier of 50 or greater. People may take this to mean that you have to keep building your multiplier to at least 50 before you use it on an egg and hope to win a nothing, but what it REALLY means is that you can also hit SILVER eggs with a multiplier of only 26 because silver eggs will automatically double whatever you win. Likewise, if you are lucky enough to have the base 2X buff active, then you only need to hit the silver egg with a multiplier of 14 or more. This will give you your multiplier of 50 or more with a lot less effort on your part to build up the multiplier that high.

#4. Raise your multiplier quickly either by using multiplier crates or buying multipliers with area tokens. You can also buy multipliers with DJArts tokens, but I'd recommend saving your DJArts tokens for hammers instead. As you play, you will earn more area tokens, so remember to buy multipliers with these tokens as often as you can.

#5. If you have a lot of stars, another quick way to raise your multiplier is to monkey break with stars on a golden stage (Stages 7-9). Do not monkey break with stars on a bronze stage (Stages 1-3) or a silver stage (Stages 4-6) because it will take too much time. Ordinary play with hammers on a silver or golden stage may or may not raise your multiplier faster than playing on a bronze stage, but when you are looking for a silver egg, do so on a bronze stage so you will waste fewer hammers doing it. Personally, I played on Stage 3 the entire time except for when I was monkey breaking with stars in Stage 9.

#6. Avoid using your multiplier when any buff is active other than the base 2X buff, especially the no-nothing buff. Why? Because they will all raise your chances of winning something other than a nothing. When your multiplier is high enough to use, you really don't want to win stars, tokens, gold, or even more multipliers--you want to win a NOTHING. Therefore, having any buff active (other than the base 2X buff) will reduce your chances of getting what you need.

#7. If you run out of hammers, you can buy more using DJArts tokens or monkey bucks, but I only recommend doing this if the challenge is actually going WELL for you. If your luck has been bad (as in you haven't been winning enough nothings and you're running out of time), my suggestion is for you to give up on the challenge this time and save your DJArts tokens and monkey bucks for the next time you are offered the challenge. The rule of thumb I used was to make sure I had at least 1 minute remaining per number of nothings I still needed to win. For example, if you already have something like 17/25 nothings and you still have 30 minutes left, then by all means, buy more hammers because that's a good run and you've got an excellent chance of beating the challenge; but if you only have something like 5 minutes left and a lot more nothings left to win, it's nigh on impossible to beat the challenge and therefore not worth wasting more resources on. Crates, stars, and area tokens can be built up again quickly but DJArts tokens and monkey bucks take a lot longer to earn, so be a lot more careful about how you decide to use those. Don't use DJArts tokens or monkey bucks to buy more hammers when you know you don't have enough time to win the number of nothings you still need.

AFTER THE CHALLENGE:

#1. If you beat the challenge, that's GREAT and congratulations to you; but if you lose, try not to be discouraged. Even veteran players with all kinds of resources have lost at this challenge and I've personally lost it at least twice. I could be wrong, but I doubt there's anyone who's beaten this challenge on their very first try and it's the most difficult challenge currently in the game, so keep that in mind.

#2. If you lost the challenge, you WILL eventually be offered it again (although it may take a while), so start saving up your resources again (the same kind I told you to save before) and get ready for your next attempt at it. Try, try again and you WILL eventually beat it!

Good luck!

6 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 15th 2014 at 10:16 PM
Destiny Scott
Thanks for that Rebecca I will try and remember this when I go to do the teapot challenge when ever it does come up.

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2014 at 10:25 AM
Rebecca Furlong
You're welcome, Destiny. :) I'm sure my strategy isn't the only way of beating this challenge but I hope it helps you and others.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 18th 2014 at 11:36 PM
Kontiki Parakeet
U imply it is possible to know what the challenge is even before u open the egg,,-- is this true?

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 19th 2014 at 9:49 AM
Rebecca Furlong
No, Kontiki, it's unfortunately not possible to know what the challenge will be before you open a challenge egg. As far as I can tell, the challenges are randomized, this is why I specifically stated in the walkthrough that every challenge egg may or may not contain the teapot challenge. What we do know for sure is that if you haven't already completed the challenge, you will eventually be offered it. Therefore, until you complete the teapot challenge, every challenge egg has the POTENTIAL to contain the teapot challenge (even if it actually doesn't), so my advice to you is to treat every challenge egg as if it does contain the teapot challenge. You know that it's coming sooner or later (and my experience has been that it tends to come at the worst possible time), you have to prepare for it as best as you can, and be very careful when you decide to crack open challenge eggs because if you do that when you're low on hammers and/or time, you may ruin your chance of beating the challenge should you be offered it. The way to give you the best possible chance at ANY challenge, whether it is the teapot challenge or not, is to save the challenge egg until a banana ripens and you have enough time to play. Good luck!

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 19th 2014 at 11:42 AM
Kontiki Parakeet
Thnx Rebecca - very helpful!!

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 19th 2014 at 12:21 PM
Lisa Horn
I would like to add my 2 cents here, if I may. I find you advice very good for the most part, the only thing I might add that helped me, especially if you have monkey bucks, is to use those monkey bucks to buy the 2x Buff and the Special egg buff. I found when I did, I was able to get through the tea pot challenge in less then 5 minutes and was able to save all those hammers, stars, multipliers etc.. for regular game play. I am not saying this will happen for everyone else, but if you have the monkey bucks and are going to spend them anyway, that is one strategy that may help.

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 19th 2014 at 5:26 PM
Rebecca Furlong
You're welcome and thank you, Kontiki. :)

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 19th 2014 at 5:34 PM
Rebecca Furlong
Lisa, you certainly may! I wrote this walkthrough with the understanding that many other strategies were possible and I encourage people to share theirs! Thank you for contributing to the walkthrough. :) Although I was aware that you could buy charges of the base 2X buff via monkey bucks, I hadn't tried it myself so I didn't want to recommend doing anything I hadn't personally experienced success with. However, I'm really glad to hear that you used it and that it worked so well for you because now everyone reading this has one more tried-and-true option that they can try for themselves if they wish. Beating the teapot challenge in under five minutes is truly amazing, though! Congratulations!

593 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 20th 2014 at 10:25 AM
Kittychix (Chloe)
This is a great thread, and I love that there are multiple people contributing strategies. I think this has earned a sticky!

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 20th 2014 at 11:46 AM
Rebecca Furlong
Thanks, Chloe, that's really cool. :) Yeah, I'm really glad that Lisa has also contributed and I hope that more victors of the challenge will also share their strategies because that provides players with options. The more strategies that people have to choose from, the better, because then they can go with whichever one works best for them. My strategy is only one way, and there are usually multiple ways of accomplishing anything in an Egg Breaker game so I think it would be really interesting to hear how the other players beat this challenge!

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 20th 2014 at 8:56 PM
Lisa Horn
Thank you Rebecca. I really did not want to buy/spend monkey bucks, but I had tried so many times and strategies to win the teapot challenge, and was not getting anywhere at all!! It was so frustrating. I wish I had thought of it sooner, or that using the buff's was even my idea, but I believe someone else had said it in chat one day and I just happened to remember it the next time I got the teapot challenge, so I cannot take credit for the idea, but I can tell you it worked for me. :)

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2014 at 9:39 AM
Elaini Margaret Kyle
thank you Rebecca hope I get the tea pot soon.

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2014 at 12:53 PM
Rebecca Furlong
You're welcome and good luck, Elaini. I'm sure you will get it eventually. :) Just keep trying and keep the above points in mind when you attempt the challenge.

26 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th 2014 at 7:58 PM
Last Edited March 12th 2014 at 7:54 PM
Sandra Moore
I'm ready for the teapot challenge now. Thank You guys. I will be back to share my experience when I beat the challenge. :)

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 1st 2014 at 5:36 AM
Terry Johnson
The Teapot Challenge - The way to beat it 100%. First thing first, equip your monkey. Make sure you have 4000+ tokens on a bronze level, at least 40 multiply crates and 500 or so stars. Make sure you have enough more nothing toques before attempting. The easiest way to beat this challenge is to use 1 crate and 50 tokens on a 15x and to hit EVERY silver egg. You should have about 15 by the time you are finished the crates, for the last 10 bomb away with stars until you get a silver and have a 10x multiplier and buy a 15x. The more attempts at the silvers with a 25x multiply the better your chance at beating it. I cleared it today in 31 minutes using my method