Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
So what's with the requests for scrap metal and stuff?
Lvl 363 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
151 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 22nd 2012 at 9:05 PM
Jen Lyons
Is this something to do with trinket crafting? Or some quest I haven't encountered yet?
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 23rd 2012 at 12:47 AM
Bill Beard
It has to do with Trinket Crafting, but I don't have the ability to do it, but then I went out of my way to buy every trinket I could (even if I wasn't going to use them) before the latest system update. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Devs? Any word on why some people can craft and others can't?
Lvl 437 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
71 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 23rd 2012 at 3:01 AM
Adi Star
You probably can't craft some items because they are items you bought, can you not craft items out of all the items you bought? That seems weird because that is why I have had to ask for crafting items to make trinkets I didn't buy so I could craft items that are in the "available trinket combines" with the guy in the commons. Wow, far to few commas in that sentence....
Lvl 74 "Nate's Apprentice"
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 23rd 2012 at 10:29 AM
Nate Dauer
It seems similar to asking for materials in order to level up your Mystic Guardians, only you make trinkets instead. I went ahead and bought the materials for some of the trinkets, and they basically just function normally, so I guess just think of it this way:
You can't buy them with coins anymore, so if you want them, asking people to send you the materials needed to build whichever one(s) you want. Great if you have a lot of active friends and few coins, not so great if you don't have too many active friends and have a lot of coins.
Lvl 363 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
151 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 23rd 2012 at 4:18 PM
Jen Lyons
Thanks everyone. I apparently hadn't clicked on any of the available crafted trinkets to see the materials. Bill, what happens when you click on the Available Combines? I don't have all the of trinkets they want for the trinket I want to combine, but maybe if you already purchased them, you would? (Unless they're completely different trinkets...)

I also clicked on the Trinketeer next to the crafter, and it seems his info is out of date, since he mentions three ways to get trinkets and none of them involve crafting.
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 23rd 2012 at 4:42 PM
Bill Beard
Yeah, the trinket guy to the left was under the old system. If you don't have the trinkets to do the combine, you can't make them. As of right now there are five combination trinkets:

http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Trinkets