Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
A question for the devs about trinkets.
Lvl 54 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
46 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 4:22 AM
Edward Paul McGee
I have a question about trinkets that provide odds to win nothing.
Say I have 1 trinket slot open and can either use a trinket with odds to win nothing -6% or odds to win power +6%, Would putting the latter in give me the same odds of finding nothing as the former but give me power instead of nothing? Or do the odds to win nothing give me an overall lower chance to find nothing then specific trinkets but with what I find being random?
Lvl 39 "Is Puzzled"
150 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 5:50 AM
Lottie Mytho
Quotes:

David Whittaker (DJArts Games)

All trinket bonuses take their additional odds out of the nothing pool. If you have enough bonuses that the nothing odds are 0 (not possible yet) then it increases the size of the pool which would cause the odds of everything else to be slightly decreased.

David Whittaker (DJArts Games)

The first area trinkets are small bonuses, this is the first area after all... We have planned out and done all the math for balancing trinket bonuses all the way up to level 100 and beyond.

One other important thing to note is the bonuses are taking out of the chance to win nothing... that way they don't effect the odds of winning anything else. So it is worth noting that if you were winning 1% more power, 1% more mana, and 1% more energy you would also be winning 3% less nothings.

(from: http://forum.djartsgames.ca/?thread_id=3753 & http://forum.djartsgames.ca/?thread_id=3103)

Not sure if this answers your question.
Lvl 330 "Diamond Finder"
64 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 7:01 AM
Debbie Johnson
make sense to me thank you , but my question is if you have 3 trinkets for differant values for gems lets say 5.5 6 and 6.5 percent and use them all in your trinket slots would using all 3 (gem) greatly increase your odds on finding gems? ? I hope that makes sense, was just wondering, Thanks David and hope you all have a great week! Happy Whacking!! Deb J