Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Summing it Up--Friend Requirement
Lvl 19 "Journeyman Bush Whacker"
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 28th 2012 at 9:13 PM
Whitney Cauthen
While reading through numerous posts I noticed that while there are other suggestions included, quite a few include a reference to the friend help requirement. Look I understand that having this requirement,and the fact that it could require the use of Bush Bucks sounds like a great way to make some money off your game or will get more people to play I honestly see this back firing. People don't like it and instead of them sending out requests of spending money I see them instead not playing.

I read the player posts and I read the DJ Arts responses,and I'm sorry but none of your arguments persuade me. It still comes down to the fact that putting that hurdle in your way so early in the game is a turnoff and it makes the game anything but fun. People aren't going harrass their friends or put out their hard earned money on somthing that they don't enjoy. You might want to consider that with you next update. Oh and by the way the your friends can help again in two days really doesn't help. I'll give you a little longer but if this is going to be the status quo I'm done which means that my friends will likely follow suit. Yeah that's only three people, but think about this it adds up really quick when it happens over and over.
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 12:13 AM
DestKitteh
As someone said, in the other forum... It's a social game on a social network. You're going to have to bother someone eventually.

But good luck in getting help with this.
Lvl 19 "Journeyman Bush Whacker"
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 8:23 AM
Last Edited May 29th 2012 at 8:27 AM
Whitney Cauthen
What I am saying and I think what most other people are saying as well is that "Yeah I get that I have to bug someone but let me actually see if I enjoy the game". I know that I'm not going to bug someone to play a game with me if I'm not going to end up playing it. Since you have to start bugging right from the get go they don't give you a chance to see if you even like it before you have to start bugging people. I have over 150 friends and less than 10% of those people play games. Out of the percent that do play games there might be one or two people who play the same game with me. So all I ever have is one or two friends, if I even have friends at all playing with me. So I will play a game for a while to see if I like it, THEN send out friend requests because if I sent out requests for every game I have tried my friends would just quit accepting and I would have no friends to play with. I'm not saying that they shouldn't do the you have to have friends help you, what I am saying is that it should be later in the game once people actually have a chance to play. Even other social games allow you do things without friend help. It's kind of boring to just have to keep doing the same thing cause you can't advance.
Lvl 440 "The Great One"
56 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2012 at 12:22 AM
Sue Beneke
I too hate having to ask friends all the time -- I have only 4 who play this game so I have to wait for 2 days before I can ask again for help and so cannot play at all for days at a time -- and I dont want to keep adding people I dont know. Also the 4 friends I DO have playing do not always respond to my requests. [I have been asking for weeks now for help with the giant in BW1 - and keep getting ignored even after sending each of them a pm!] So much as I love BW - I can see the game being deleted when I get frustrated with not being able to play.

DEVS --- PLEASE change this requirement !!!
Lvl 363 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
151 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2012 at 6:11 PM
Jen Lyons
Whitney makes a very good point. While I don't mind the friend gates at this point (since I have friends who play actively), that gate in the first area is a real pain. For one, in later areas, you usually open up a bath to the blocked gate before you're done with all the levels of puzzles in your current area. So, you go to the gate, ask friends for help, and go back to finishing puzzles. In my case, this usually means the gate is open before or by the time I'm ready to move on.

In the first area, it doesn't work like that. If you're a new player, especially if you've never played Bush Whacker 1 and don't already have BW1 friends, you're likely going to have to recruit friends. That takes longer than having existing active friends waiting around to open gates for you. Second, you've barely experienced any content, so you've done a tutorial, maybe one or two? fields, and you don't really have much motivation to gone on once you hit that very first gate, and you don't have much to do while waiting to get your buddy to unlock it.

I've played other games that require you to have friends unlock things for you. Examples are Bubble Witch Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga. They give you an area, you can complete all the levels in that area with no friends at all, and then you need friends to unlock the next zone, or you can pay. They also limit themselves to requiring 3 friends, which isn't all that hard. I will say that if you go the pay route, I believe their prices are somewhat steeper, but the fact is that you get to experience a lot of content before you have to bug anyone, so you know if you want to make the commitment to either spend cash or annoy people ;)
91 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2012 at 5:07 PM
sunnydee
there are a lot of people in the forums asking to be added as friends to play the game, add 10 or 12 and BW2 is a GO to play, no need to pester anyone. For people that do not like to add "strangers" to their FB, you should take a look at your privacy settings. FB makes it quite easy to keep your postings and photo albums private.
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2012 at 7:47 PM
Kori Cecile Biggs
I do not wish to add people I do not know - regardless of privacy settings, it clutters up my friends list among other things. NO ONE on my friends list plays Bush Whacker, 1 or 2. If DJ Arts can come up with a system akin to Farmville's new system - of adding friends without it being attached to your facebook page - that would be EXCELLENT. Until then, I can't really play anymore. It's unfortunate because it's a pretty cool game.
91 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2012 at 10:25 PM
sunnydee
well that is your choice Kori, I was just trying to make helpful suggestions. I don't understand what you mean by cluttering up your friends list, all communication can be stopped from anyone you have on your FB, just a matter of creating separate lists and turning off anything you do not wish to see from that certain person. Yes it would be great if all the games had a system where you didnt need help from others but those games are few and far between.
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2012 at 10:30 PM
Kori Cecile Biggs
I mean that it affects my profile information and the way my profile interacts with certain apps, as well as bringing up names on "invite" pages that get in the way. It should not be necessary to add strangers. I said a system where you can add friends in-game, you could still need help but it would be a much more interested pool of people who would be more likely to help you.
Lvl 437 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
71 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2012 at 1:54 AM
Adi Star
Start another facebook account to play games with and then who cares who you add and they won't be associated with your real facebook. If you don't like the way the game is then don't play. Its simple really.
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2012 at 6:04 AM
Kori Cecile Biggs
I have other facebook accounts specifically for games but that defeats the whole purpose of gaming on facebook where it is convenient and I already have an account. I get that there has to be a challenge to some games, but there are better ways.