Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
New warning message: "Insecure Content", and cursor not picking up items
Lvl 41 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
8 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 15th 2012 at 7:52 PM
Ellen Bannister Kahara
Hi! I'm suddenly getting a message from Google Chrome saying that the page contains "Insecure Content" and asking if I want to load it anyway. When I do, it loads, but the game has a glitch where hovering my mouse over things doesn't work. When I hover above bushes or dropped items it doesn't show me the number of points needed to whack or pick up the items I hover over. This just started today... I haven't changed anything... was there a new update today that isn't meshing with Chrome?
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2012 at 9:48 AM
Jean Davis
I started getting the same warning about 2 days ago, and have just been dealing with it by selecting "Load Now"/ Here is the URL:

https://apps.facebook.com/bushwhackertwo/?fb_source=bookmark_apps&ref=bookmarks&count=23&fb_bmpos=11_23
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2012 at 9:39 PM
Linda Fleischfresser
My game wont load, can't even play, is it safe to load??
Lvl 378 "Expert Monster Hunter"
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 20th 2012 at 6:52 AM
John Lsucoonazz David
ive been getting same messege. and as far as i can tell its still safe to load,but this messege im getting is starting to piss me off because its just not this game its happen too
Lvl 95 "Professional Monster Hunter"
8 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 21st 2012 at 9:01 AM
Ami Skinner
I also get the same message and i load it anyway but still the problem should be addressed to make sure the site is safe.Chrome says if there is no red line thru the url it should be safe.
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 21st 2012 at 2:32 PM
Last Edited May 21st 2012 at 2:36 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Guys,

Secure Content, and Safe content are very different things. Safe means contains no viruses, malware, or other harmful content. Secure means data transfers are encrypted to protect things like bank transactions or other sensitive information. 99.9% of websites are not encrypted and are not considered secure content.

An example of a website that is secured (and where this warning would matter) is an online banking site.

What is probably happening here is you are viewing the game in facebook secure mode, and something is loading from a non-encrypted location. Secure mode loads everything over an encrypted https connection which is highly unnecessary for a facebook game... unfortunately facebook forced all apps to support this mode about 6 months ago in an effort to make users feel (but not actually be) more secure.

We will track down what is causing this message to appear and fix it.

Until then rest assured the game is safe, as it doesn't contain anything harmful, just don't use it for your online banking :P

-David
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 21st 2012 at 2:59 PM
Last Edited May 21st 2012 at 2:59 PM
Jean Davis
Thanx David!

The Facebook issue is why I switched from IE8 to Google Chrome - which almost seems as bad now...:( I can control IE, but not Chrome very well.

Peter just closed out my Help Ticket, but please let him items are not back.
Lvl 378 "Expert Monster Hunter"
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 21st 2012 at 4:26 PM
John Lsucoonazz David
thank you david,for the feedback ,i still load both bushwhackers an play with no worries.......
Lvl 61 "Customizer"
29 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 21st 2012 at 10:27 PM
Yannick Lombardi
You can disabled this message by going in facebook "Account Setting" :
https://www.facebook.com/settings?ref=mb
Go in Security, there is a line "Secure Browsing", click on EDIT and uncheck the box.
Then save the change.
Now the Secure browing is disabled and you are not suppose to have the error message again.
8 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 22nd 2012 at 1:38 AM
Ellen Bannister Kahara
Thank you David!! That's wonderful! Another reason I love Bushwacker... the devs actually connect with you! :) Hugely appreciated! :)

And thanks Yannick, I'll check that out...
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 22nd 2012 at 1:47 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Guys,

This issue should be resolved now. Please let us know if you are still seeing the issue.

-David
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2012 at 12:28 PM
Jean Davis
I saw it on Egg Breaker 1 today.
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2012 at 3:47 PM
Wayne Bennett
I've never had anything like that using Firefox.
8 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2012 at 4:59 PM
Ellen Bannister Kahara
All taken care of! Thank you David!! No more issues! :D
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2012 at 5:40 AM
Jo Helmers
still getting that message on this game and a few others as well, as well as outside face book, getting to be a pain, and on sites I know are ok, I just load any way