Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Friend Whack and Bandwidth
Lvl 307 "Revolutionary"
39 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 9th 2012 at 5:55 AM
ATMarsden95
I am on a fairly powerful laptop, and have no problem running the game, most of the time. When I use my friend whacks, however, the game slows to a complete halt, loads at about a frame every 3 seconds, and my entire computer slows down.

Why does the friend whack use up so much more processing power and/or bandwidth than the other elements of the game. I can't see anything much else that would need to be processed than for the mana whack and quick whack?
Lvl 39 "Is Puzzled"
150 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 9th 2012 at 7:21 AM
Lottie Mytho
I think this issue needs to be addressed directly with the devs through a help ticket.

There is a bug somewhere in the friend whack still, and that might be causing the game to hang badly when we call for friend whacks.
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 9th 2012 at 8:38 AM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Guys,

Making the friend whack faster is on our list. What is happening is it is caching the animations for the friends character and that is slow. We have discussed some ideas for making it faster but we haven't had time to implement them yet.

-David
Lvl 397 "Needs More Energy!"
133 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 13th 2012 at 12:27 AM
'Janusz Brzywczy
I agree Lottie I have had many Crasheds with Friend Help and I have to re open in a new window several times in a row for the last few days....
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 13th 2012 at 10:34 AM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
We did track down another bug effecting friend whacks that appears to only occur on slower Internet connections (which is why we missed it until now). That fix should be going out in a patch late tomorrow.