Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
"gem trader" menu doesn't show you that you own ONE of a type of gem
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2012 at 8:43 AM
Marleen Larik
Bug?

When I go to "add energy", the bottom bar lists that I have one sapphire.

The gem trader menu is not showing a "x1" next to Sapphires.

I tried it out for other types of gems, it appears that the display for "x1" and "x0" is exactly the same, so you can't see whether you own one or none of a type of gem. From "x2" upwards, everything is fine.
Lvl 115 "Needs More Energy!"
184 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2012 at 9:13 AM
Clemonde
when you go to the gem trader ... in the upper row you see your own gems and in the lower row the gems you can trade for your gems
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2012 at 9:21 AM
Marleen Larik
I know this.

What I am saying is this: In the upper row the icon for "you do NOT own any gems of this type" and the icon for "you own ONE gem of this type" is exactly the same.

Go try it out.
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2012 at 10:10 AM
Last Edited May 5th 2012 at 10:10 AM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Marleen,

Looks like a minor display inconsistency. When you have 1 it shows no number. This is not the same as having 0, when you have 0 it actually reads x0 (or it doesn't show at all). This is because it is using the same component as in the inventory screen which purposefully shows no number when you have only one of an item. I will add a note to the minor bug fix list that this is a source of potential confusion.

-David
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2012 at 10:16 AM
Marleen Larik
Ahhh, I get it.

My confusion comes from me also seeing a jade in the gem trader's screen, and not being aware that I owned one, as the jade isn't displayed in the "get energy" screen which I use more often.

Thanks for clearing it up.