Codename Entertainment
Stuck
Lvl 114 "Dispenser of Justice!"
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 7:14 PM
Last Edited May 1st 2012 at 7:30 PM
Laura Gjovaag
Dear Devs,

I truly understand your reasoning behind requiring friend invites to play the game. However, I have only three friends willing to play, so I'm stuck.

Now, I understand there is an option for Bush Bucks to open the gates, but in the last three levels I only got a single buck once, and I have three spots in the latest gate to fill to get through it. And I've completed the areas available to me. At the rate I'm going, I'll be grinding for a week or two doing no quests before I can get through this gate.

That gives me only a few options.
Spending money: I will not pay any further to play, though I paid a little to get through one of the early gates, before I realized you were going to hit me with them constantly and that "friends" I bought did not persist. It was wasted money. If the "friends" remained available for future gates I wouldn't feel cheated, but the one-time use thing is annoying.
Grinding through levels to earn bucks: That will get boring very quickly.
Bugging more friends: Not going to happen.
Create fake Facebook accounts to make more friends: That could get me banned from FB. Not going to happen.
Add people who aren't my friends just to play the game: I value a certain level of privacy on FB, so this won't happen either.
Quitting the game: Most likely option, sadly.

A very quick and simple fix would be to allow friends to help multiple times on a single gate. It seems reasonable even in game terms for a friend to rest up for the night and then be able to help again the next day in a different role. At the moment, that would mean it would take me an extra day or two to get through the gates, depending on when my friends log in, but it would also mean that I wouldn't get bored and quit, nor would I get frustrated and quit.

Please consider it.

Thanks.
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 9:14 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Laura,

We will discuss and consider your suggestion.

-David
Lvl 149 "Hobby Fisher"
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 10:25 PM
Maggie Mayhem
I have an alternate solution to posit as well, as someone with no friends currently playing, and a very strict 'gotta know you to friend you' policy on facebook. (I've talked to a few people, none are showing interest yet.)

I fully understand the need to have the devs earn a living - I've lived with programmers in the past, and I _know_ it can be a scramble to make ends meet between paid work. However, I'm on a disability pension, and the 'few dollars' that everyone is suggesting could honestly mean I don't eat - my budget is often that tight.

The workaround I suggested in another thread (which may have been missed - there's been a lot of heated debate in here!) was to allow the option of using some amount of DJArts Tokens per gate unlock.

I was thinking that if you made it roughly the same value as the most expensive consumable item in any game (currently 50 tokens) it would be costly enough that there would still be an incentive to spend on Bush Bucks, but if you play several games, it would shave some time off the grind required to advance to new content.

It provides one more thing players can 'bank' their tokens for - and encourages them to play your other games... at least _some_ of those players will end up putting money into those games.

Hopefully more food for thought,

Maggie Mayhem
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 2nd 2012 at 6:00 AM
Last Edited May 2nd 2012 at 6:01 AM
Laura Gjovaag
David,

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Maggie,

Another solution would be to allow DJArts Tokens to buy Bush Bucks. Right now, you can get a 100% energy drink for 40 BB. In game, you can get the same thing for 11 BB. If you could buy those BB instead of an energy drink, even a slower player would be able to earn enough to get through a 6-friend gate in a reasonable time... if they are playing other DJArts games.

While I'm fond of my own solution, I like yours as well.

-Laura
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2012 at 9:19 PM
Last Edited May 3rd 2012 at 9:20 PM
Laura Gjovaag
Dear Devs,

Thank you. The 2 days rest for friends works great, and I'm happy I'm not stuck anymore. I hope it'll please some of the other folks who are having trouble, as well.

Now, just give us a bushwackers club in version 2 with some neat but not necessary perks, and I'll be working to save up my money to buy it.

-Laura
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2012 at 9:40 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Laura,

Given time we will probably add a Bush Whacker Club. For now we have a lot of other content and features to get in first :)