Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Forcing/Coercing Friends to Play
Lvl 125 "Power Whacker"
14 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2012 at 7:00 PM
Nikita Nopants
I hate it when a game forces me to try to force my friends to play it. I've reached a spot in BW 2 where you need 4 friends in order to defeat the challenge and move on. There is no other way around the challenge other than to defeat it. I purchased two of the slots but didn't have enough to fill the other two. So of course, I can't move forward in the game because I refuse to harrass my friends into joining up. I'd rather keep them as my friends.

If it was possible to invite one's friends to play, but not suggested or forced upon the player, that would be fine. But I can't actually play this new Bush Whacker anymore because I already sent out invites once and that's all I'm willing to do. I'm not going to keep bugging people to play a game just because I want to move forward.
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 2:53 AM
Anne Paliaga
i am totally with you Nikita! the great thing about bush whacker 1 was that you didn't have to rely on other players, there was usually a work around to allow you to skip or continue. I love bush whacker, i've spent a bit of money on bush bucks, but this second game just seems to be more about sucking money out of you then gameplay. I will also be giving up this game because your balance is way out guys!!!
1 Post
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 9:01 PM
Heather Conkin Ferguson
I agree with the previous 2 posters. If I have to either pay to play, or harass friends, I will choose not to play. I am also stuck at a spot that either requires me to pay or harass, so I guess I won't be a Bush Whacker player any more. Unfortunate, as it was one of the games I enjoyed the most.
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 9:23 PM
Wayne Bennett
While I agree with y'all completely, I'll gladly join your players list so you can overcome some of these problems. Just send me a friend request stating BW2 so I'll know it's you.
1 Post
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 11:24 PM
Elizabeth Ballard
I completely agree Nikita. I was excited about a new Bush whacker and thought that it would be better than version one, but I refuse to force my friends to join this game. As it is most of my friends are older members of my family and only have a facebook to stay in touch with me and do not play games and quite frankly get mad when I send them invites. There is no way I am going to be able to advance at this point so what is the point of continuing to play!??
Lvl 125 "Power Whacker"
14 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 12:40 AM
Nikita Nopants
Yeah, I'm stuck at a point where you have to cut through a log or something, and you need four friends to do it. I ran low on bush bucks filling two of the slots, and I've already sent invites to all of the folks on my friend list who don't hate getting game invites. However, none of them have joined, so I either have to wait until two of them do, or quit the game already.

In the first game they started up these friend quests you could do if you had friends who played, but they weren't mandatory and they didn't keep you from moving forward in the rest of the game. It looks like this new version really is only for the money, which is too bad, considering how much fun BW1 is and how much fun BW2 could have been.
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 8:48 AM
Pam Howell
With the rest of you. I do not like being forced to ask friends and will not pay. Maybe with enough post they will change it.
Lvl 37 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
1 Post
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 11:58 AM
Anthony James W Youssef
Came to the forums for this exact reason. I like some of the things that they've done with Bush Whacker 2, but this whole "Cannot play the game unless other people on your friends list play the game and help you out thing" is ridiculous.
Lvl 27 "Is Puzzled"
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 12:00 PM
Shawn Clegg
I will agree with you that I am opposed to the game making you feel like you must harass friends just to try and progress forward. I can however see where they are coming from in that all games need some means to try and get new players. With that said, I still don't agree with the avenue of approach that this game has taken.

Alas, I do have some good news for you if you are willing to bare some discomfort. You can indeed get past the gates that require help. The first option which is my personal least favorite is to buy into bush bucks. Another option is to continue to try and boost your level in the last zone you have unlocked while getting the consecutive daily bonus because the last day at the bottom rewards you approximately 4 more bush bucks. The free method does require quite a few days to boost your level as you only get one bush buck per level and it will take you quite a few days to get to that last consecutive days played reward of the 4 bush bucks. If you are willing to put up with the boredom or the same zone for days for little other reason other than leveling you can do it. Furthermore, I do not know if yet another gate is waiting for me that requires more friends after I finish up the last forest zone or not. If there is, then my willingness to play will likely be shot as I can spend my time progressing into other more engaging games that do not throttle me into boredom.
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 4:05 PM
Wayne Bennett
Shawn, while I understand your options, I know myself am not 1 who puts real $ into a fake game. Guess that's why I don't play poker either.
Lvl 27 "Is Puzzled"
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 4:45 PM
Shawn Clegg
I was merely laying out the options that everyone has. I personally have not dropped any money into these types of games. I have only been able to justify subscriptions to some major games, but I am a very strict on my requirements that a game must fulfill in order for me to drop money into it. In truth even though the options I laid out do provide an avenue for people to continue progressing without dropping any money, it still feels deep down that I am almost being coerced into either inviting random people just to try to satisfy the game or harassing my friends who I know all to well do not give even a thought to games on facebook. It is my opinion that a game should be fun and relaxing, and not aggravating or a potential spillage risk.
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 5:15 PM
Wayne Bennett
Apparently my post got chopped in 1/2. I also wrote that if others want to use real $ for their FB games, then that's their choice.
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 5:16 PM
Wayne Bennett
Shawn, I agree & can understand that this money would go to help improve it. But how can we be sure it goes to the developers & not just in somebody else's pocket?
Lvl 125 "Power Whacker"
14 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 5:40 PM
Nikita Nopants
I can't really bring myself to spend real world money on something I'm not going to actually get to own and hold in the real world. Plus, notice how the first gate that required friends to pass only required two, and then when you got to the next gate it required four friends? And the two I bought with bush bucks for the first gate had disappeared. So, the game is designed to make people pour money into it. It isn't designed to be fun. It looks good and and could probably be a lot of fun, but I'm only content to level up whacking little things for bush bucks for so long before I move on. They're adding content to the first game. Why even play the second game at all if this is how it's going to be?
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 6:27 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Wayne and Nikita,

While I understand the initial reaction of not wanting to put money into a "fake game" or into something your not going to "get to own and hold in the real world" but that reaction is not considering that what you are getting is entertainment. Its like spending a few dollars at an arcade, or $13 to see a movie at the theater. That $13 would get you through a months worth of friend gates, and it comes without the risk of a bad movie!

If you enjoy it and you are getting entertainment value from it then it is money well spent. If you don't enjoy it, then what are you doing here?! go find something that you do :)

-David
Lvl 125 "Power Whacker"
14 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 6:35 PM
Nikita Nopants
If they made the friend slots available for the coins you earn in the game, that would be a fair change. Or, if all the friends you had bought before were still there, still filling their purchased slots, that would also be fair. Asking people in this economy to pay money for something they're just going to have to give right back to the game is insanity. If they sold t-shirts for $10, for example, and you got bush bucks for buying t-shirts, that would also be fine. You'd get your merchandise and not feel like you paid money for nothing.
11 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 2nd 2012 at 4:34 AM
Tanya Hudson
I agree as well.. I hate forcing people to play games and it seems every new field you need to ask friends to pass :(

Please add me :
http://www.facebook.com/#!/tanya.hudson.75
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 2nd 2012 at 7:42 PM
Wayne Bennett
David, don't get me wrong. I'm not trashing the game.....just the concern I have of the $ going where it should.
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 2nd 2012 at 7:49 PM
Wayne Bennett
David, let me ask something: from reading about how BW2 differs from BW1 & that they put a cap on mana spells & so forth, can they put a cap on other things that the audience finds to be a problem? While I understand the suggestions people give about how they would solve it, it just seems that the majority come to the same/similar thoughts. Does their voice get heard?

I've tried playing other games that require friends to assist you past a certain level.....but the problem comes when only a few of them also play that game. So, while I may have several FB friends, maybe only 5 play a particular game. Therefore, I'm stuck @ a certain point because there's no way for me to overcome it. I can't think of a game's name right off hand, but it's usually those where you have the hunt/find games & then "build" something on your land for reputation to grow your character.
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 2nd 2012 at 9:57 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Wayne,

Assuming by "they" you mean "you" then Yes, and actions are take if it makes sense in all effected aspects.

-David