Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
how are u liking the game so far?
Lvl 39 "Professional Bush Whacker"
38 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 23rd 2012 at 9:31 PM
Tyler Brost
i personally am enjoying this game and was just wondering how others feel?
Lvl 57 "Loves The Developers"
40 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2012 at 4:17 AM
Daniel Wieczorek
Like it too, way more estetic than first part.
Just can't wait for events!
When will first one begin?
Summer Holiday?
41 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2012 at 4:21 AM
aphie
http://forum.djartsgames.ca/?thread_id=3142

:)

still irked about the ranking bug, but squeeing lots over things and loving the game even more [if thats possible] ^_^
Lvl 290 "Power Whacker"
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2012 at 5:59 AM
Harriet Wilkinson
I like it too, just wish there was a way to get some more energy, like fruit trees or crops, seems I only play or about 5 mins!
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2012 at 8:22 AM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Lucy,

If you are worried you lost score due to the ranking bug, there is no need for concern, nobody lost any score. What was happening was your XP part of the rank was being calculated based on your current levels xp which was resetting to 0 every time you leveled up. By fixing it to use your total overall earned xp instead of your current level xp the scores would be correct and no longer jump around.

Basically you always had a higher score than what was showing on the rankings and now it shows that score correctly.

-David
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2012 at 10:55 AM
Jean Davis
I'm kinda liking it too. Harriet has an interesting idea though. What if we could purchase fruit trees to plant at our ranch, and harvest them periodically...kinda like the statue by Sasha?

I'm not sure of the name or type of game platform ya'll are using for BW2. In another game I beta-tested, the dev stated that he liked cartoony- type characters & wanted to make some changes to the current game. He created several different sizes of the charater, diplayed them in the forum, and asked people to vote for their favorites. Afetr several processes of elimination, people chose the one that was scaled better for that game & platform, which was implemented in the next major update.

This was just an idea, knowing that many people feel uncomfortable with the size of things, especially background graphics.

I do want to say that I love the way you can travel without 'travelling', and are able to see other fields around you. Just wish I could see surrounding areas better.
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2012 at 11:16 AM
Farming is something that has been talked about, and it is something we might do.

The game platform we are using is something we had developed ourselves here at DJArts Games, it doesn't have a name. I don't know that I have seen many concerns about the graphic sizes. Although at this point changing the scale would be a significant challenge, one we wouldn't even consider doing unless we felt there was an issue with the current scale.

-David
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2012 at 11:20 AM
Jean Davis
Please don't go totally into farming!!!! I blocked all the 'ville games because that kept locking up my puter.

When I compare the 2 games, I think it's the attention to detail in BW! and BW2 feels big. Not sure if I'm stating that right.
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2012 at 11:37 AM
Hi Jean,

I am talking about something small like suggested by Harriet. A way to get a little extra energy. It would never be a huge thing.
Lvl 39 "Is Puzzled"
150 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2012 at 11:12 PM
Last Edited April 24th 2012 at 11:14 PM
Lottie Mytho
Farming -- how about:
Purchase a small (or various sized) plot for your ranch. Purchase seeds (a variety available). Plant and wait. Harvest. Seeds have different yeilds and 'growing' times, depending on variety. Either harvest is a percentage of total energy (and please include any equiped trinkets)or harvest is a fixed amount according to the variety of seed (or size of plot). Multiple plots buyable, or size expandable.
Currency should be gold and / or gems, so cannot be abused too much as the currency has to be earned in game for each planting cycle. Higher yeilding (or faster growing) seeds could be level dependant, as could the number of plots available (ala trinket slots). (An after thought -- might need a way of showing when a farm plot is ready to harvest, perhaps the house icon could glow green?)

A farm plot would go with the idea of a ranch instead of a town house, and would encourage house visiting.
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2012 at 11:21 PM
Hi Lottie,

Yep thats how basic farming would work.

Energy refills can't really include trinkets without becoming a hassle for both players (switching them in and out before buying energy) and for us (responding to tickets from players who forgot to equip their trinkets and hope we will fix the difference for them). That is why we don't include trinkets.

-David
41 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2012 at 11:44 PM
aphie
Lottie that sounds awesome! :)))
Lvl 39 "Is Puzzled"
150 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 25th 2012 at 12:11 AM
Lottie Mytho
:( already a hassle, remembering to equip the max energy trinkets for level ups -- I've missed at least 2 just last night :(
Lvl 334 "Workhorse"
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 25th 2012 at 7:21 AM
Jason Killion
having issues with friend request that i have sent. the person receives them and accepts but they are not giving me credit. keeping me from moving to area five in forest,leaving me no other choice but to burn energy in a place that i have already completed. big fan of bw1. was hoping #2 would be better.
Lvl 117 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
134 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 25th 2012 at 9:35 AM
Peter Minter (CNE Dev)
Hi Jason,

Are you absolutely sure that they have been accepted? Does the person who accepted know what the request said?

Cheers,
Peter
Lvl 74 "Nate's Apprentice"
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 25th 2012 at 12:54 PM
Nate Dauer
...that's exactly how FarmVille works...
Lvl 155 "Dispenser of Justice!"
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 25th 2012 at 1:02 PM
Chef Toni Reitzell
the game itself is great, and I have had fun, but having to add friends or use bucks to advance in the game is going to get old quickly.. =(
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 25th 2012 at 1:26 PM
Coral Smith
I like the game the only thing that is upsetting me is the fact that I have to add friends (or ask for help) or use bucks to be able to get into other parts of the game. I don't like that and would rather not have that.
Lvl 243 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 25th 2012 at 3:26 PM
Alice InWorthlesstown Paine
I like the game a lot but it's not gonna last too long if I have to use bush bucks or friends just to get to every other new area.
Most of my friends just don't like facebook games at all so they won't join no matter how many times I ask. I can only get like 2 people to join me on any game I play. And I'm not going to add random people to my facebook just to play a game, that's just creepy and weird.
And I don't have the money to spend on bush bucks, who the hell would during a recession??
I really like playing this game a lot, it's one of my favorites. But basically I won't be playing anymore if I can't even continue to the next area on my own.
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 26th 2012 at 8:39 AM
Denise Kurr
i agree, having to send requests to friends for access farther into the game isn't getting fun.