Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
there is something that i think should be taken out of bush whacker 2
Lvl 241 "Loves The Developers"
142 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2012 at 1:19 PM
Erin Sayers
As for an update I would love to see, I miss fishing. It was a great way to kill time when I was out of energy but not quite ready to quit playing. There needs to be something we can do even if it is tedious to renew our energy besides waiting 5 min.
Lvl 121 "Puzzle Solving Guru"
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2012 at 1:57 PM
Heather Whaley
I wrote an unhappy post about this issue on another thread, and the response from the developer made me think. It's true that one thing that drew me to BW was the lack of the need for friends. But the developer is correct, most games on FB, at least the hugely popular ones, do require a certain number of friends to proceed. I do not play those games anymore, for that reason. But the cost of bushbucks for the gates isn't really that much. 3 per person. If the max number of people needed right now is 7, that's a max of 21 bushbucks a gate. That's only a couple of dollars. I may not be able to afford it right now, but generally a couple dollars every week or so isn't going to be a big deal. I spend more than that on soda. One less soda, one more week of BW2!

Oh, and Erin, just so you know, FB does not appreciate people making fake profiles. Not that people don't do it. But they don't like it. I believe, like accepting friends who you don't actually know, it can get you suspended or banned. Just wanted to give you a head's up!
Lvl 241 "Loves The Developers"
142 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2012 at 5:47 PM
Erin Sayers
You can get put in FB "jail" if you send out unwanted requests or to many requests in a day. I didn't want to imply to make a fake profile. Be honest on it but keeping a profile for actual friends and a game profile is legit as long as you don't friend yourself and use it unfairly to give yourself a heads up on games. And you should never send up unsolicited friend requests, but there are a ton of people asking for you to add them. I consider them game friends and many become actual friends over time.
123 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 23rd 2012 at 3:23 PM
Theana Elizabeth Dalton
ok thanks david
Lvl 17 "Apprentice Bush Whacker"
1 Post
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2012 at 11:18 PM
Darren Storey
I don't mind asking friends that play to unlock it, but I don't have many people that play, and I don't want to add a ton of strangers just because of a game. BW1 was good because you can get into a few extra bonus areas using friends, but it wasn't a requirement to play the actual game. Bring that over to BW2.
Lvl 330 "Puzzle Solving Guru"
12 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 25th 2012 at 9:45 AM
Caroline Gabel
i do not play the games that require friends to continue the game, sorry i love bw
but will not continue with bw2 until that has changed
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 25th 2012 at 10:08 AM
Ruth Orozco
I don't get this argument...in BW1, you had to ask friends to open gates, for energy packs and a few other things! Unless you wanted to spend money on Bush Bucks...so what's the big deal? I've just invited my BW1 friends over to BW2 and I get plenty of help.
17 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 25th 2012 at 10:01 PM
Alisha Breithaupt
@Ruth- to me the difference is that I could have one friend help me multiple times to open the gates on BW1, now they will not let the same friend help you more then once on the gates in BW2. So now I have to do more then just patently wait. I have to either bug all my other friends and hope some of them decide to join, which has not happened. I still have the two friends that played bw1 with me and no others that want to join in. So now I am have been stuck at the log trying to decide if I pay with the few precious bush bucks I have and then get stuck later at the next place that wants even more friends that I do not have or I give up now. I really love BW, but do not have it in my budget to give money to any facebook games.
Lvl 10 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
4 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2012 at 1:02 PM
Chris Crowley
I have to stop playing this game as well.
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 8:52 PM
Anne Paliaga
Me too, all over red rover! Look I love BW1 and because none of my friends game, it was fantastic to not have to hassle people to join in. This actually fostered a good will relationship when it came to me buying bushbucks. I spent quite a lot of money on bushbucks (mainly for energy during special quests) and because I didn't feel like the developer was screwing me, I spent more money on bw than on any of my other games. I don't feel that way about bw2, having played it and gotten to the point when I am banging my head against a gate... I don't feel inclined to part with my money for this one.
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 2nd 2012 at 4:27 PM
Ruth Orozco
Two things--for the people that click on "ask friends" and nothing happens...I've found that if I'm in full screen mode, it doesn't show up. You have to exit full-screen to get the pop-up that allows you to ask for help. If you're not in full screen and still having this problem, then it must be a glitch.

Second, can the Devs PLEASE take away the little banner that offers 50% off Bush Bucks purchase? Or at least make it fade away after a few seconds. I never have and never will spend $$ on these games. They are free to play and I'm not competitive (or bored) enough to purchase energy. The amount we collect with DJ Arts is plenty extra.

Other than that, I really like this game--especially if you make it possible to interact somehow with the raccoons...love those guys!!
Lvl 117 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
134 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2012 at 11:29 AM
Peter Minter (CNE Dev)
Hi Ruth,

You can dismiss the 50% off purchase by clicking the red X on it. You only have to do that once when you load the game and it will not remind you again until your next play session. (You know just in case you ever change your mind)

Cheers,
Peter
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2012 at 8:49 PM
Ruth Orozco
Hi Peter,
Yeah, I know I can get rid of it, but having to do that every time I sign on is a pain...small pain, true, but maybe if enough people complain...? Maybe it can be placed as a choice at the store? So it will always be there "if I ever change my mind"...just a thought. Thanks for listening!