Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
world map
Lvl 400 "Professional Monster Hunter"
23 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 2:20 PM
Bonnie MacDougall
Hi.. the world map, it only shows the general zones? is the "area progress" thing the only spot to figure out where I am within a zone? I feel like I'm spending a lot of time walking around in circles because I can't tell where stuff is.. :p
253 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 2:56 PM
Marc Kriguer
It might help to use full-screen mode (just hit "F") - makes navigation a lot easier for me. :-)
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 3:07 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Bonnie,

Clicking the checkmark button on the bottom right next to the area progress bar will bring up the Area Progress dialog.

Areas have 3 progress items, puzzles, quests, and customization items.

Puzzles:
The regions where you whack bushes are called fields. Each field has 1 or more puzzles and are shown on the top of the area progress dialog.

Quests:
Outside of each field is a character with a quest. Quest items can be won in any field in an area (unless otherwise specified).

Customization Items:
Customization Items are won at random while you whack in an area. Customization items can be won in any field in an area.

Fields are available in order, most fields require you to complete at least one tier of another field before it becomes available.

Completing an area is very straight forward. Go to a field where you have a puzzle to complete. It is easy to tell because it shows on the big display in the top left of the screen when you are in a field if that field is complete or not. Complete all the puzzles in that field and then move to the next one :) If you see a character with a quest marker, be sure to talk to them.

-David
262 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 7:17 PM
Melody October May
Is there an easy way to use the map to move between areas?
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 7:26 PM
Hi Melody,

Yes, Clicking an area on the world map will take you there. Once in an area you must walk between fields.

-David
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 7:58 PM
Bill Beard
Any plans for giving us a sub-area jump? It's kind of repetitive having to double click to be able to get any speed, let alone distance.
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 8:03 PM
Last Edited April 19th 2012 at 8:04 PM
Hi Bill,

Currently no plans for a sub-area jump. You can run corner to corner of an area in 5 to 8 seconds so it doesn't seem like a necessity right now.

-David