Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Friends required?
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 6:55 PM
Michelle Reames
I'm with you, Rebecca. I've quit other games because of having to "beg" for help. BW is fun because the only help we really needed to keep asking for was that southern gate and everything else was minor. I knew who I could count on and who I couldn't. Now we're limited to much on everything in the game it's not fun. I'll try for one more day, and hope things improve.
1 Post
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 10:41 PM
Christopher Hoda
I only have one friend playing this, and BW. It was easy enough to get past those friend gates, but if this 'adding friends' thing is going to be staying, I'm not sure that I'll keep playing it. I don't want my friend list to be stacked, however slight it may be, just for a game.
1 Post
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 2:33 AM
Louise Dalgarno
I don't normally comment on games or forums, but I'm afraid I'm another player that will give up the game rather than add random people as friends. Only one of my FB friends plays games and they don't play on a regular basis so it's pointless me pestering them. I don't mind buying bushbucks occasionally but it's not something I can do on a regular basis and if I have to pay to progress, sorry but I just can't justify that expenditure.

I understand that DJArts have to make money on the game in order to be able to develop it but personally I'm more likely to try a game if a friend recommends it spontaneously in conversation. If I get spammed with notifications from them, or if I get loads of friend requests because they can't progress without friends I'm more likely to block the game without even looking at it.

I do hope a balance can be found because I adore the original bushwacker, it's a game I've been playing a long time and have never lost interest in which is more than I can say for many other games I've tried.
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 3:07 AM
Jean Davis
I have to agree, also. I quit all the Zynga games, and am about to quit my favorite Playdom game (which I created a group for) & my favorite bingo game because they are getting 'spammy' When I start getting 250+ requests per day for a game, then it's time to let it go.

Facebook seems to be getting funny lately cause you also stand the chance of being banned or suspended for accepting friend requests if you don't personally know the people. From what I've understood it has to do with all the adding, but turning someone down that counts against you and the other person.
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 5:22 AM
Christie K Eckstrom
I agree with everyone. I only have one friend that plays BW1 and the fact I didn't have to beg people to play is what keeps drawing me back to the game. Now that I have to beg people to join just so I can move on, I will not continue playing BW2.
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 9:10 AM
Tressy Ouellet
I'd like to know if there is A WAY THAT WE CAN SEE IN WHICH AREA WE HAVE FOUND COSTUMISATION ITEMS AND IN WHICH WE DON'T ?????
35 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 9:16 AM
Bernie Bernstone
well i guess they dont really want people to play this game.. they would rather it be spammy and have to add friends.. i guess i wont be playing this one much.. too bad cause BW was one of my favorite games.. so i hope they learn..
Lvl 117 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
134 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 9:45 AM
Peter Minter (CNE Dev)
Hi Tressy,

Customization Items are not only in a specific field but in the entire area so you can whack in whatever field you feel like.

And just once again to address the adding of random friends once more time. We don't expect you to add random friends just recommend the game to a few people that are your existing friends.

Cheers,
Peter
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 12:27 PM
Joseph Hasbrouck
i cant request friends to help with the first passage at all im stuck in the first field....even tried cleaning mu cache
Lvl 108 "Professional Bush Whacker"
18 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 12:51 PM
Charlene Hunt
how do get help from friends to clear things that in your way i hit add friends an nothin comes up
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 1:01 PM
Wendy Misty Stephen
I agree with most of these replies about 'begging' people to play just so I can advance. I like to play ALONE and should NOT have to beg, or use real money in order to move on in a game. Sadly, you are losing more people than gaining with this setup!!! I refuse to add strangers to my list just to play. Why not charge us some gold or something to move to the next area?? Most on my friend's list simply ignore or refuse to accept requests from this or any other game. Sorry but it was fun while it lasted, I will be gone if it's not changed!!!!
Lvl 68 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 1:43 PM
Daryl Cooper
Definitely frustrating to encounter this every screen. If it was every so often (RARELY!), then it would be tolerable. As it is... it's spamming players.
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 7:18 PM
Melissa-Lee Mitchell
I'm not keen on the adding friends bit to progress in the game, I have added friends and still can't progress and I hate buying bush bucks becasue you don't get anything tangible for your money. Not too keen on the graphics, the energy or pretty much anything with this game - I prefer the original version. Definately going back to that, but then you need friends in that to send the statue pieces to and fight the giants etc...definately prefer games where I can play alone.
Lvl 134 "Gem Collector"
301 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 8:06 PM
Lasynda Shichiroji
*chuckles and puts on the logic cap*

Hi Peter,

I understand you guys are busy with everything but everyone is saying their friends DON'T/WON'T play games so unless they use the Add Me section of the forum, how is that NOT promoting adding random/unknown people btw it also doesn't spread the word around FB much about your games either, they can't get anywhere if they have no money to buy bush bucks to unlock everything with money.

Just my two cents,
Lasy
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 8:45 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Lasynda,

That is just not correct. While players who do not want to invite their friends or contribute with bush bucks are very vocal about it, they are actually a vocal minority. The majority of players have no problem inviting friends or using bush bucks.

Interestingly less than 5% of players actually ever sign into the forums, so when you see opinions posted you are already seeing a small subset of players. Unfortunately players are far more likely to post if they are unhappy about something than if they are happy with things.

-David
Lvl 134 "Gem Collector"
301 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 8:56 PM
Lasynda Shichiroji
Hi David,

oh trust me I know that you've seen my posts before as far as what I do for a living and even as a "toy" maker I only ever hear the bad stuff really I think in 4 years of business I've only ever gotten random comments back saying they appreciated the work I did and that it was great or whatever maybe twice. Granted also in that time I've only ever had maybe 4 complaints and all were handled quickly and fixed, all but one was user error or not reading directions. The other one was my fault I did something wrong.

*SHOCK AND AWE* write this down everyone a woman admitted she was WRONG

I never meant to imply that what everyone who does talk in here is the majority of players all I was saying is that it appears that the majority of people talking in the forum are saying the same things. But you also have to remember sometimes the minority wins in the end.....

Nothing but luvs for ya,
Lasy
Lvl 74 "Nate's Apprentice"
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 9:02 PM
Nate Dauer
I just realized that I'm sitting on 260+ Bush Bucks and have recruited 5+ members from my PvPvM guild in Castle Age to BW2... that said, I don't really need too much help with the gates.

My main issue is the energy packs. I don't really understand how they work 100%. But I sort of understand them, and from what I'm seeing, I don't like it. The BW1 energy pack system was BY FAR the best energy pack system I have seen in any game on Facebook, period.
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 9:21 PM
Michelle Reames
All of my Bush Whacker friends are now playing Bush Whacker 2. "Great!" you might say, but that would be getting ahead of ourselves. We've all already exhausted our help with energy for the day. We can't use each other to help for four more days. We can all only buy one small energy pack and can't buy others yet. I will NOT invite other friends to join. I've already had one personal friend block me because I thought this was the type of game she liked to play. I quite understand her feelings on it and I have to wait now until I talk to her on the phone tomorrow to straighten that out. Grrrrr!

Here's my take on it, for what it's worth. Bush Whacker is just original enough to keep people interested. The way you can customize things is fun. You know going in how much energy you can get each day (from friends, fishing, on the island, in the Haven store). It's a comfort zone for a lot of us who only have a bit of time here and there to play.

Bush Whacker is clever and humorous. I doubt I'm the only one who cracks up watching the eyes follow our whacker in the castle dungeon. And it's so much fun watching the bonus creatures - the robot with his laser, the deer, the bird - help us whack those bushes. It's stuff like that that make Bush Whacker so unique and fun.

Remembering that this is MY take on things, let me continue by saying Bush Whacker 2 is just like Mystic Guardians and several other games out there. While the premise is slightly different, it's like way too many other games. In my eyes: BORING!

I'm not understanding the logic behind games that encourage you to "make new friends" when facebook penalized people for adding too many. Can't do it. Did that once, I've regretted it ever since and it's been two years since the game was available.

I think you as developers have a great game that could be marketed with the right graphics and sounds. One of MY favorite games was Commander Keen. Simple, unique, challenging, and a place to hide from reality for a while without any grief. That's what Bush Whacker is. That's what Bush Whacker 2 is not. In my humble opinion.
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 9:31 PM
Hi Lasynda,

Even that isn't correct, there are 2 or 3 threads about the friend requests representing less than 10% of total posts. That does not represent a majority.

Hi Nate,

Yes the energy packs via requests are not as convenient as the direct in game sends in BW1. Unfortunately the reality of it is they are a very good opportunity for players to share with their friends, reminding them to play and potentially adding new players. It is something that we have learned from our experience with BW1 that we can't just give away.

-David
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 9:36 PM
Hi Michelle,

I am curious how you think Bush Whacker 2 is just like Mystic Guardians, aside from being built in the same engine it is far from the same game experience. Also the things you mention about Bush Whacker are much later into the game, we are the same team, we have the same sense of humor and are certainly planning to do crazy things later into the game. Bush Whacker 1 had none of those things when it was released...

-David