886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 17th 2012 at 12:59 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Bush Whacker 2 is coming soon.
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 11:22 AM
Jean Davis
Why Bush Whacker 2? There's nothing wrong with the current game, is there?
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 12:54 PM
Hi Jean,

Bush Whacker 2 is built in our new engine (the one we developed for Mystic Guardians) it has a ton of new features and improvements over the original Bush Whacker engine. It lets us do a ton of new things that we just couldn't effectively do in the original.

It should be going live sometime this afternoon, so you can check it out then.

-David
Lvl 330 "Master Bush Whacker"
243 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 1:28 PM
Luna Zoraida
Sounds interesting... Will it all be the same layout or have you created a whole new world?

If it is the end of BW will there be an achievement like you did for EB1/2, will we be able to transfer BB/tokens, will there be any other items transferable for all our hard work?

Look forward to trying BW2 :)
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 1:32 PM
Hi Luna,

Bush Whacker 2 is a whole new land, A BW1 Update detailing how you get there is in the works. There will be a reward for progress in BW1 like we did in EB1/2. There is currently no transfer of bucks or tokens but will consider it if there seems to be a demand for it.

-David
Lvl 330 "Master Bush Whacker"
243 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 1:44 PM
Luna Zoraida
Thanks David...

Surely we can bring an outfit and maybe a few gems I would never go nude and penniless to a new world... ;)
Lvl 260 "Expert Bush Whacker"
307 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 3:11 PM
Dave Stone
The ability to collect a large amount of token's and convert them to energy ruined Bush Whacker's long term playability for me because new level's could be completed as soon as they we're released, Leaving me with a long wait between update's doing nothing but collecting and storing even more token's.
Will this be addressed in Bush Whacker 2?
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 3:45 PM
Jean Davis
Have been playing BW2, and it says the Field is completed, but shows it at 17%. How many puzzles are in one zone? Are there also CIs in each zone?

When I went to the Haven Shoppe it said I needed 6 gold for an item. Kinda confused cause I won an achievement for 100 gold. Where are Achievements listed?

Also when I checked My Profile there was all zeros - even though I'm at Level 4.
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 4:02 PM
Last Edited April 18th 2012 at 4:03 PM
Hi Jean,

Each Area has 5 fields (the areas where you whack bushes), and each field has 1 or more puzzles. Your progress is shown each time you get an element and you can bring up the progress screen by clicking the checkmark next to the area progress bar. Each large area has 10 Customization Items (about 2 per field, but you win them as you progress in any field)

Your out of game profile should show correctly now, but you should use the in game profile by clicking the profile button next to the inventory button on the bottom right (just like in BW1)

-David
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 4:13 PM
Jean Davis
Profile is showing now...thanx!

I have solved 2 or 3 puzzles in the Mysterious Forest. It has a big green checkmark saying completed - 17&. Is this whole area called the Mysterious Forest?

How do you request Energy Packs? I keep getting requests from 1 person, who fills up the screen & cannot accept any more requests. I sent out requests to help with the briar.
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 4:36 PM
Jean Davis
I have noticed two things:

1) When I click on my profile within the game, I cannot scroll down to see everything.

2) When the game is loading, it always says 'loading' for a short period of time. Are you going to have a Settings option to download graphics, like in BW1?

The whole game seems a little too "large".
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 4:45 PM
Last Edited April 18th 2012 at 4:46 PM
Hi Jean,

1) do you mean the stats? everything other than that shows on one page, no scrolling. We will be adding a scroll for the stats.

2) The new system uses a much better method of loading graphics as needed so you will never had a big download upfront like Bush Whacker 1. A lot of the initial loading time (from about 33% onward) is actually loading up the area. In general graphics will load a lot faster than in BW1.
Lvl 314 "Dispenser of Justice!"
4 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 4:56 PM
Isabelle Tessier
Can we still play BW1 for as long as we want or will it be taken off Facebook, I am level 101 and I know people even farther than me so we will lose all that we did in the past mouths and years???
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 5:07 PM
Jean Davis
I hope we can, Isabelle! I'm Level 140 and would absolutely hate to see it end - especially when I have spent money in the game, and have saved up so many fishing tokens, feathers, Questor's tokens, & Friendship tokens.

@David - When I play BW1, the progress bar for DJARTS Tokens does not appear. Please re-consider this.

If I converted my Friendship tokens in BW1 to Bush Bucks, will they then be transferrable to BW2?
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 5:11 PM
Hi Jean,

It is there, you just have to hit the scroll arrow on the rewards bar.

BW1 is not going anywhere.

-David
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 5:16 PM
Jean Davis
*whew*

Why is it when I accept like 5xp from a post, it takes me into the game, says I rec'ed 5xp, and only 1 xp is showing?
1 Post
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 5:24 PM
Breanna Woods
when ever I log into BW2 my computer keeps telling me that it`s a virus, and I can`t play. I would love to play but how do I get rid the the virus that keeps popping up!
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 5:55 PM
Jean Davis
Hopefully we will be able to see the whole map better...as time goes by?
Lvl 16 "Customizer"
306 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 5:57 PM
Andre Miguel Garcia
Interesting.....
I tried the game out myself. I like it!
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:14 PM
Bill Beard
Having fun so far! Just wished the DJ Arts credits spent for energy drinks included a recharge of the +20 energy trinket we got for being a player in BW1