Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
New Codename Games Site!
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 5:47 PM
Anubischick
Hey Cyber62.0 not sure if this forum has a poll/vote option, but if it does you might want to start a thread with that idea and get some support behind it. It might be what is needed for the dev's to look at implementing it, or at the very least responding as to why it would not be feasible.

Hey Duckie, so did you have to start the game anew by using your preferred username or could you migrate your BFG named account into a different named account on the CNE platform?

Also I wanted to ask, should I set up an account on the CNE portal first and then start the migration process or will that cause issues, does anyone know? Basically I want to ensure my username is available when I move (not that I think anyone else is using it, it's an odd one).
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 6:03 PM
Duckie
Anub.. you can choose your current or a new username during the switch. I already had an account on the platform because the Council tested it for a week beforehand. But all you need to do is click the link to start the transfer and it will set up your account with whatever username you choose along the way.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 10:15 PM
ArmyMomOkc
After a few days I am slowly adjusting but it's not the same and never will be.

I am distracted by the requests. I have to figure out a schedule to do requests for others. I compulsively check if there are any (and there are just about every time) then have felt bad when I missed helping someone with a bridge request. Those feelings are real for me. Turning off who I am isn't possible so I have to make boundaries just as I have had to do in RL.

I changed my privacy setting so I will only get requests from those that have seen my profile link in this thread. I realized people were finding me through other people's profiles. I have way more people than I need, but the ones I don't know will fade away. I played FB games for several years, so I am familiar with how that works.

I'm waiting for one person and I will wait patiently for her (HUGS).

I like the bot idea, put me down as a YES vote for that one. Also, please can we have the option to hide or collapse the friends bar? It takes up too much room & is distracting. There could be a little alert icon to let us know if there is request waiting for a response.

There are now multiple rooms on AI, so I can go do my quests in peace.

Peace...the common message I hear from us from BFG. Simplicity & peace
146 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 4:30 AM
Mummo
I still haven't worked out how to send a friend request, not that I have any! I hate the tombstone bar at bottom of page, would like to be able to collapse it at well.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 7:04 AM
Flybaby
Armymom, I am so happy to hear from you. I wondered how your adjustment has been going.

I agree that things will never be the same. I expected that changes could occur by the end of the year (because of Flash), and that we might even see the birth of BW3, but was taken aback that the migration happened so early in the year. (Maybe the Devs had to give the change over ample time). All good things must come to an end, but at least we still have a game to play. It would have been terrible to see it end abruptly, as many games have.

I'm going to give it a little more time, but I definitely plan on migrating at some point in time. I'm not in too much of a hurry, though I'm curious. It's been helpful to read player's comments, so I know better what to expect. And of course, I've had plenty of experience with FB games in the past. Thank you for waiting for me. You are such a sweetheart :-)
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 7:17 AM
Flybaby
PS Armymom,
I agree that we can almost find ourselves being slaves to requests, especially if you have a lot of friends. I know it's hard to ignore people, but one thought is to pick a time of day that works best for you, and just limit your requests to once a day. I think everyone might be a little gung-ho right now, but the newness should eventually wear off and hopefully things will settle down a bit.
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 7:53 AM
Last Edited January 25th 2019 at 10:27 AM
VikingHelga
This was posted by my friend Cybersix, before she donated her account to me, the Viking... : Hi folks, just came by to say I will be donating my account to a friend. She is a lovely girl and should start playing in the next week or so. She'll also probably change the nickname. (If she tells me what it is I´ll post it here before I leave.) Thanks to everyone who were so nice to me. I still hope the bots idea will be picked up. ***HUGS***
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 8:30 AM
Flybaby
So sorry the new format won't work for you. I don't remember if you already migrated your acct. yet, but you still have another 6 weeks to play on BFG, if not. You're friend will have a nice head start in the game. Thanks for posting!
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 8:40 AM
Last Edited January 25th 2019 at 10:26 AM
VikingHelga
This was posted by my friend Cybersix, before she donated her account to me, the Viking... :Hi Flybaby, my friend is level 101 or 102... she's thrilled to be able to jump to level 280. It's also nice for me, eventually if I miss the game too much she'll let me play a day here and there when she is away. Oh, she hasn't settled on a nickname, but told me it'll probably be viking related. : )
218 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 8:51 AM
tgcougar
SKOL!!!!
Post by tgcougar deleted January 24th 2019 at 8:51 AM
218 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 8:51 AM
tgcougar
Bummer Sorry to see you go.....
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 9:58 AM
phagras
If I may offer a perspective on the friend system having played on Kongregate.

It can actually be very lightweight but will need an adjustment to your playing routine. When you load the game you just hit "Accept all". When you run out of small epacks, request from friends ready for the next day. For path clearing, send requests to the most recent players as soon as the blocker becomes accessible. There's always at least one puzzle still to complete, normally two. You don't actually need to be in chat at all once you have enough friends. Don't stress about not helping clear a path or sending an epack in time.

How many friends is enough? I normally send 30 epack requests and almost always have 25 waiting for me next day. Never been more than on short. For path clearing I normally send a dozen requests. For event station help you need at least 50 friends to fully staff a station but that's not necessary to complete the event; you can still get 100% completion without. You can also get up to 100 "friend whacks" per week if you have enough active players in your list. Very useful if you're a couple of items away from completing a quest and you're out of energy.

Where chat comes in handy is if you need help right away. Withered crops are a common example, as is path clearing if the player missed sending the requests early enough and is now stuck.

I did pop in to the game on CNE last night because I was being nosy :) Lots of chatter from people trying to get friends. The system for adding friends is a bit clunky at the moment, it would help if players' names were clickable. I expect it will quiet down though. When AOL Games shut down we had an influx of their players on Kong but there was lots of help and we got some great new players. I saw several people last night who also play on Kong so they'll be able to help with questions on using friends.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 10:11 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Cyber6
I'm glad you figured out a way not to let all your $ and progress go to waste.
I will welcome her as a friend if needed. :)
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 10:29 AM
Last Edited January 24th 2019 at 10:43 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I think I saw a recent comment about someone having difficulty adding friends.
(here is my profile link one more time - https://games.codenameentertainment.com/?u=1270h9657c1 )

Step 1 is to copy their CNE profile link into a browser. Once loaded you will see an add friend button. They will have to accept your request in their profile before you can do the next step. (I usually go ahead & accept then do the next step myself.)

Step 2 go to the game and click on the add a friend at the bottom of the page which will bring up a screen that should show that person's name. Select & send.

I believe it is a 2 step process so a player who plays multiple games can add friends they already have in their CNE profile. For now I keep a game screen open & my CNE account open in another tab so I don't have to keep swapping back and forth.

Also, Paypal IS the only option when making a purchase. I just had to go through the process and there is no other option.

I really wish I had waited until after February. I miss my BF discount, it wasn't huge but it helped. The bright side is I know CNE is getting all of my money now instead of whatever percent they got from BF. Paypal is their cheapest option to get money. Using merchant services costs a percent of each card transaction. Probably TMI for most, but I had to work this out in my head because of irritation I feel about losing my discount and using a different payment process.

Edit - I just saw Duckie's awesome detailed post about how to add friends.
14 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 7:22 PM
Mysticmcknight
I am not liking all the changes here. I like most enjoyed playing solo, which is why I hated FB and was thrilled about BW2. Now they took my small 5 packs away and normally I can finish an event when I whack over 5-6k a day, but not now. It's disheartening. Also, Random Friends? You don't know who you'll get, that's scary and creepy and not for me. I requested that they make this friends thing optional and be able to collapse the Invite friend's bar-it's distracting and a reminder of how upset I am at the changes. Not liking them at all.
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 11:42 PM
Jade Drc
I am somewhat confused about needing friends to clear obstacles. When I played BW2 in FB, you could either ask friends for help or buy "friends" to fill the spots for BBs--not a great option if you're on a budget, but if you can afford it, it's far less stressful than waiting around for your friends to help out (especially if said friends have turned out to be no longer playing). Is that no longer the case?
24 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2019 at 1:15 PM
Last Edited January 25th 2019 at 1:18 PM
Carol Roggenkamp
Jade, you can still buy with BB. Plus they have added the feature of having 1 computer(bot) helping on a path a day. The bot will take a bit longer but you will not have to ask for help there. They added the bot feature on all the platforms where BW2 is. See this will make it much easier for the developers also, because this way they can change all the same way, and not have to do 2 separate changes.
Post by Carol Roggenkamp deleted January 25th 2019 at 1:16 PM
Post by Carol Roggenkamp deleted January 25th 2019 at 1:15 PM