Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Mount Leveling & Feeding (new wiki updates)
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 6:11 AM
Last Edited December 12th 2018 at 6:21 AM
Flybaby
Many of you long time players already know how mount leveling and feeding works. But have you ever wondered how much feed it takes to increase your odds to get a get the bonus you're trying for when your mount levels up?

I recently spent some time revamping the Mounts wiki page with a lot more detailed information, including the leveling up process. Plus, I created an expandable table that shows exactly how many feeds are required to raise your percentages to specific levels.

Here's the link, if you're interested in checking it out:
https://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Mounts#Percentages

I also streamlined the existing [partial] list of available mounts, by adding tabs to the categories. However, because of the ever growing number of mounts being released, the updates are increasingly hard to keep up with. So, since Clint (in the Commons) has a complete and up-to-date listing, newly released mounts will no longer be added to the wiki page (unless someone else chooses to take on the task).

Feel free to leave your thoughts here, or in the Comments section (at the bottom of the Mounts wiki page)
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 7:55 AM
Rebecca Beattie
My only thought is that I am grateful for your work
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 8:05 AM
Last Edited December 12th 2018 at 8:19 AM
Raymond
i just glanced through that page. did not look at the mount bucks part yet but did notice that something important about mount feeds seems to have been taken out.

instead of that table of percent odds there used to be a much more useful thing that told you exactly how much one more small or one more large feed would do to your existing odds, it was quite ingenious.

at the start a mounts 4 possibilities each are at 25%, and here is why they are 25%, think of 4 bins, and in each bin at the start there are 2 marbles, so bin 1, lets say mana has 2, and there are 8 total marbles, so mana is 2/8 or 25%.

each small feed is like adding 1 marble to its bin, each large is like adding 4 marbles to its bin.
so at start if we add a small to bin 1, it now has 3 marbles out of the 9 total, so 33% on bin 1, while the other bins are 2/9 or 22.2% each
if we now add a large to bin 1, it now has 7 marbles out of a total of 13 so 53.8% on bin 1 while the other bins are now 2/13 or 15.4% each...
i.e. adding successive smalls to a new mount is like going from 2/8 to 3/9 to 4/10 to 5/11 to 6/12...
adding successive larges to a new mount is like going from 2/8 to 6/12 to 10/16 to 14/20 to 18/24...
much more useful then a table that is very restricted. but

you need to know how many feeds of any type you added to each of the bins then you can see exactly how much one or more of them will do to the odds. you can use simple math to figure out the total of smalls and larges you added, and thus know what one more will do.

it was written up somewhere in the wiki once, i thought in this page as this pavg is the page for feeds.

and a correction, a large is exactly the same as 4 small, not approximately.
"There is a small version, which adds a little bit of chance that your mount gets that bonus; a large version which adds a much larger chance (approximately 4x small feed); and a pristine version which guarantees that bonus on level up."
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 8:53 AM
Raymond
and here, like somewhere else in the wiki, we do not know if the odds (as used in the choosing) is the mathematical ones or the rounded ones that they display. i remember someone once tried to experiment on their rounding once.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 9:59 AM
Flybaby
Thanks, Rebecca
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 10:22 AM
Flybaby
Last week I had a discussion with Nick and asked for his feedback on the updated wiki page. He said it looked "great, and very informative!" He explained to me that the cost of raising the percentages is "exponential," so it is extremely difficult to figure out the percentages as you get into the higher numbers.

My objective is to keep the information on the wiki user friendly. The percentage table takes away the guess work by showing the "exact" amount of "small feed" needed to bring you to the next higher percentage. (divide by 4 if you're using large feed).

The info I posted on the wiki was copied verbatim from the CNE blogs, and in-game information. For that reason, I hesitate to make corrections, but I will take another look at it.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 10:25 AM
Raymond
is there or was there a writeup something to what i said somewhere in the wiki? perhaps some other page?
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 11:55 AM
Last Edited December 12th 2018 at 12:12 PM
Flybaby
Yes, there was, but it was pretty basic. There was no explanation about the fact that your feed decreases in value as you bring up your bonus chances (or percentages). You can't explain it by simple math, or compare it in terms of using tickets in a lottery, because as Nick stated, "the cost is exponential." There was also no reference chart explaining how many small or large feed you would need to bring your chances up to a certain level.

For example, in the beginning 4 small feed (or 1 large) will bring you up a total of 25%. (for a total of 50%)

The next four small (or 1 large) brings you up another 13%

The next 4 small (or 1 large) brings you up by only 6%

Now take for example, when you get into the higher percentages
when you are at 76% it takes 20 small (5 large) just to bring you up by only 1%

So if you want to bring your bonus chances up from 25% to level 98% it will cost you a whopping 234 small (or 58 large) feed. (or any combination of both)

I learned all this the hard way, by using my feed until I ran out. I haven't figured out how much it would take to get from 98% to 99% yet, but if you can figure it out, let me and Nick know.:-)
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 12:27 PM
Last Edited December 12th 2018 at 12:28 PM
Raymond
using the extremely simple math that i described, if you only level one odds on a new mount it costs exactly 597 small, or 148 large to get to 99%. but i think due to rounding of 98.5% to 99% t is more like 391 small or 99 large. i will compare the spreadsheet i just made with your table later on.
but of course one can only do slightly more then 100 feeds as there is a cap on those.

p.s. yes essentially exponential. more aptly it is asymptotic and technically recroprical because if you had used 199 smalls and use one more small the effect of that is 1/200, or really 1/206 due to the tiny effect of the initial state of the other 3 odds
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 1:03 PM
Flybaby
That's a big difference between 597 sm/148 lg and 391 sm/99 lg for the same percentage. I'll be interested in what you find when you do your comparison.

yes, since there is a 100 cap on sm feeds, one would have to combine large feeds as well in order to reach 99% .

I always level up only one bonus. I don't know why anyone would want to increase the bonus on more than one unless it's to try to eliminate one that you really, really don't want.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 2:01 PM
Last Edited December 12th 2018 at 2:09 PM
Raymond
here is a small image of my spreadsheet
http://prntscr.com/lu76ti
has non spreadsheet equations also

some slight differences in values
i get 97.5% at 232 small feeds added. 98.0% at 292 so they clearly round not just the display of the numbers but the use also.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 2:20 PM
Raymond
people may do more then one odds simply to sus out the math for the mounts LOL
but perhaps also for the one achievement to have one with less then 5% happen, lets see:
one odds: 88 4 4 4 is 88:12 chance against
two odds: 46 46 4 4 is 92:8 against
three odds: 32 32 32 4 is 96:4 against
it may be easier for one of those 3 4% to happen on the three odds manipulated situation then the 1 on one. but actually it may simply be feeds cheaper to do one then the other
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 3:12 PM
Last Edited December 12th 2018 at 3:47 PM
Flybaby
I wasn't able to view the higher percentages on your spreadsheet, but it seems that we have similar numbers, although we have a different way of getting to the results. You're doing math calculations, which shows decimals, while I did it using actual feed and recording the data as I played the game.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 3:48 PM
Raymond
yes. i do not like 'sharing' spreadsheets using whatever those cloud sites are so i put an image of the beginning. if you want you can do the same spreadsheet to see the higher numbers yourself. it is simply some additions and divisions within a few columns. i think small discrepancies might be because they might actually round the numbers in the variable then calculate the next feed added to that rounded number, not the pure mathematical number. i will see if i can check tht with a small mod to the sheet.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 12th 2018 at 7:44 PM
Flybaby
That's okay. I'm good.