Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Game Update: Taskmasters Now Available!

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2018 at 10:45 AM
Last Edited September 28th 2018 at 11:07 AM
Erika/Alyniana

Did you ever need some help with your crusading? Well, now you can have some!

Five all-new Taskmasters have joined Crusaders of the Lost Idols!

Taskmasters are purchased with either Rubies or real money, and can click monsters, level Crusaders, and use activated abilities. And if you add three Taskmasters to click monsters, they'll also pick everything up for you! Awesome!

We hope you had enough time to save up your rubies!

Note: This update did not take the entirety of time since the change to the use of Rubies was announced. We wanted to make sure that players could save up Rubies before we released it, as well as we had to find time in the normal content schedule to make this addition, it being a new feature.

Taskmasters return to the taskmaster roster when you reset the world.

Taskmaster Functions:

- Auto level a Crusader
- Auto Click monsters (yes, this counts for the achievements), if click damage will hit a monster
- 3 assigned to clicking monsters will automatically pick up dropped gold and quest items
- Auto use a specific ability (Firestorm, Storm Rider, etc.)
- Keep auto-progress turned on.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2018 at 11:48 AM
Animenut
I just bought all of them and I think this is really interesting. Originally, I expected it to be like the Taskmasters each did a unique job, but no, there are 5 TMs that can each do any of the 5 tasks depending on where you put them, which really opens up the customization options.

I've got one little nitpick, though. Penny's "Trash Pickup" ability somewhat conflicts with the TMs. Having two options for such an ability is nice, so people who can't afford, or don't want, to buy the TMs still have a pickup option, with the TMs just being an upgraded version. So there's certainly a point to both existing. I'm just wondering if there could be some kind of...I dunno, "add-on", for players that have three TMs clicking as well as Penny in their formation. Again, it's not even that big of a deal, so even if nothing was added, no big. Penny is still a great DPS-support regardless.

Overall, I like this addition. It kinda makes the game play itself without player input needed at all, BUT that's the appeal. It's entirely optional, and great for players that want to be at the game constantly, but can't. If you're a player that thinks it makes the game too automated, then don't use TMs. If you're too busy to play the game as much as you'd prefer, TMs are a lifesaver.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2018 at 12:40 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Thanks for the detailed feedback Animenut. :)

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2018 at 2:01 PM
Teschio
Great addition to the game! Although, as Animenut said, having 3 assigned to clicking makes Penny a bit redundant.

Final note: after you buy taskmasters, you will need to refresh the game before you can use them, otherwise they won't do any task you assign them to.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2018 at 2:16 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Hmm, mine worked after I bought them right away. I'll have Kevin double check though.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2018 at 2:44 PM
Animenut
Mine worked as soon as I bought them, too. Maybe the platform affects these results. I'm playing on Armorgames without that issue.

66 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2018 at 3:58 PM
Geoff Riley
Mine didn't need a refresh before they got busy with their assigned tasks… I'm just playing the regular PC flash game on Firefox (Linux 64-bit version).

This is a really cool new feature: I'm glad I've got a bit of time to play with it now too! :)

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2018 at 4:32 PM
Animenut
I want to clarify something. When I saw one of the abilities was to auto-click, I first thought "....Uh oh...", but for anyone considering buying the Taskmasters, I can confirm that their auto-clicking DOES NOT affect the "Idle Increases" talent. That means they can click for you and you STILL get the DPS buff from that talent if you, the player, have not clicked.

This also means that if you fill all four auto-click TM slots for 20 clicks per second, you can use the "Siphon" buffs to actually deal decent click damage without sacrificing the talent buff or swapping out a support crusader for a clicker. This effectively means that clicking is now a viable end-of-run strategy if you want to use "Siphon" and "Accuracy" buffs.

A word to the devs: Not sure if TMs not affecting Idle Increases was intentional or not, but if it was, good on you for thinking of that. It's a simple change that otherwise would have made the auto-clicking harmful, so kudos for dodging that bullet.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2018 at 5:40 PM
Animenut
Quick question: Any reason to keep hoarding rubies after buying the 5 TMs? If I can get some jeweled chests, then might as well unload some rubies, but just checking to make sure.

236 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2018 at 7:58 PM
Anubischick
I've been dreading the T4 Get me out of here objective, with 3-click autopickup being faster than Penny this might be just a little easier. Glad I had 21K in the kitty (just, I've got 195 rubies left).

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2018 at 9:47 AM
Raymond
the taskmasters do not seem to be 'returned' off the playing field after resets. i had to move mine manually

58 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 30th 2018 at 2:08 PM
tl93
Taskmasters are a welcome addition, thanks!

I do have some feedback:

I do feel that "one crusader level per second" is slow. Did you feel that buying more per second was too powerful? (I believe the "slowness" is related to how little time is spent on each area when Penny or a trio of taskmasters are collecting items and the other multi-drop and spawn rate crusaders are in place.)

I infer that taskmasters are always available, regardless of the current objective's parameters, is this correct?

I am also curious to know if taskmasters will be the reward for anything, as in will there be "event taskmasters" or "11th-objective taskmasters"? (My guess is not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.)

Is there a target for the maximum number of taskmasters that will be available?

thanks again, tl93

38 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2018 at 3:33 AM
Jasmin
I had not been hoarding rubies, so I only had enough for two Taskmasters. I looked around to see where you could buy the two for real money, but I don't see anything in the shop. Are these not yet available? Or where did you hide them?

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2018 at 10:23 AM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Animenut: You can spend your hoarded rubies. Of course, now that rubies have another use than normal Jeweled chests, we might add other uses in the future, and we can't guarantee another 7 month period to hoard them before we add that feature.

@ tl93:

We might consider increasing the speed that they level a Crusader.

Yes, the taskmasters aren't blocked on any objectives currently.

We hadn't discussed having them as rewards for things yet. It might be possible in the future. We'll see what happens, and if there's a need for more taskmasters.

5 is the number at the moment. Like I mentioned above, we'll need to see how popular they are.

@ jasmin: If you are playing on Big Fish Games, the real money taskmasters are not available.

38 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 1st 2018 at 2:53 PM
Jasmin
I am playing on Steam. But never mind, I finally found it.

A big thumbs up on the ability to increase crusader's level while I am afk!