Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 20th 2018 at 4:09 PM
Rebecca Beattie
Russel you made me laugh... thx
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 20th 2018 at 5:53 PM
Flybaby
I know it's completely random, but does anyone have any data [on average], how often the cardboard diamond is awarded during daily Junior Whacker quest turn-ins?
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 20th 2018 at 6:14 PM
Last Edited September 20th 2018 at 6:27 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Russell - LOL yes if only... thanks matey ;)

As I said I had a BLONDE MOMENT, which gives me a momentary pass on my brain malfunction. I felt I should share this info with others who might happen to make the same blunder.

I am human and willingly admit I make mistakes and sometimes mis-read or don't read everything as I play.

:0)
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 20th 2018 at 6:31 PM
ArmyMomOkc
If you ever get bored go count how many times people have asked how to find the Veiled Path..sometimes multiple times in a day...

Go easy each other folks (I am speaking to everyone). I rarely share anymore because of this type of (although attempted in humor) response.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 20th 2018 at 9:57 PM
Rebecca Beattie
Army you are awesome and if you arent posting I am missing you
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 20th 2018 at 10:10 PM
Last Edited September 20th 2018 at 10:10 PM
Raymond
reminds me of the time years ago when someone spent weeks trying to complete a farming quest, it was big gold or perhaps even big energy, but the icon for it was cucumbers, and he never read the description once and argued with us in chat for weeks and weeks all the while never being able to complete it.
not the same thing here but i can see how some might think this might be fishing
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2018 at 8:57 AM
Flybaby
I suspect that Armymom isn't the only one this has happened to. I know it's happened to me on occasion. I think it's so easy for us veteran players to just do quick scans instead of reading word for word, especially if we have done certain quests repetitively. And, we are so familiar with certain icons representing particular things, that we usually don't even have to read the description (except in this case. lol).

I'm a speed reader, and really guilty of that. Especially with the trivia questions on AI. I've played it so many times, that now I just click on the answers without reading the questions. Heaven forbid if the devs ever decide to reword anything. That would probably be a great April Fool's joke. LOL
Lvl 440 "Gem Collector"
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2018 at 9:58 AM
Dora Simon
I'm trying to sell the cookies, but no matter who I talk to, they don't show me the option of selling. Who am I supposed to sell them to, or what am I missing?
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2018 at 10:14 AM
Flybaby
You have to find people in the fields you're whacking in (anywhere in Bushwhackia).
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2018 at 10:39 AM
Rebecca Beattie
I really enjoyed Russells sarcastic rendition of reading. It got me to read more carefully. When I started reading Russells post I started to take offence and then he went totally over the top and I started to smile and laugh.

I have a dry sense of humor and I totally know what its like to head off into dry humor land and realize that other just think Im serious ...sooo I decided to help point out the good will I saw in the post.

And on another note there have been times when I read the in game clues I just didnt get it. So sometimes careful reading just doesnt cut it.

I very much appreciate this place. I love the interaction. I like it when any of us help others and they to support and help people here feel good posting and safe from criticism.

Safe from criticism seem a very low bar for us here. BW2 is a game and it seems to me that aspiring to have a playful supportive MB would be the gold standard for us.

so... :) :) :) :)

and oops almost tried to post a text rose untill I remembered that this MB will refuse to post if I use certain symbols...so

At sign dash dash dash dash greater than sign dash dash dash

there you go a "text rose"
Lvl 440 "Gem Collector"
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2018 at 10:43 AM
Dora Simon
Flybaby, I went to at least 15 different fields, spoke with everyone, but still nothing :(
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2018 at 10:46 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Dora: I know ive made that error on some quests in the past. You are in good company
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2018 at 10:52 AM
Raymond
dora, 'people' spawn after whacking a lot of bushes, like a lot of quests.
Lvl 440 "Gem Collector"
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2018 at 10:54 AM
Dora Simon
Oh, okay. Thanks for the help.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2018 at 12:01 PM
Last Edited September 21st 2018 at 12:02 PM
Flybaby
Awww ... I love your text rose, Rebecca. Of course, I typed out your "instructions" to view it. Hugs ;-)

Testing
@---->---
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2018 at 1:24 PM
Last Edited September 21st 2018 at 7:08 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Rebecca

You saw humor where I did not, and that's OKAY. You saw something I didn't and am in no way upset with you.

Russell

You addressed me directly and put instructions in all caps. If you were making an attempt at humor, it was at my expense. Humor like this can be interpreted as bullying.

I did not see your comment as necessary as I was sharing my mistake to help others. I already addressed in my own comment that I had to go back and read the quest instructions.

This reminded me of a recent community event that was centered on AI. One of the quests was for empty vials. There was logic for a player who go the quest to think fishing the vials made since. I remember a few people who missed that it was to be whacked.

Anyway, I make mistakes and am not above admitting it and sharing to help others who might do the same. I usually read dialogue, the devs have made it entertaining and often an important part of a quest or story line.

I don't always click on the quest instructions unless I want to read more to see if I missed something.

I'm going to take in account my skin maybe a bit thin right now. I'm going to move on & not speak of it again. I would appreciate if you took pause before commenting and decide if what you are saying is necessary or kind.

I have learned a lot about checking myself after some "situations" in here over the summer.
I should have just said "Thank you Captain Obvious" and moved on...

Peace matey, have a good weekend.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2018 at 2:18 PM
Rebecca Beattie
Fly:

I didn't think it would post !!!

@--->---
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2018 at 2:19 PM
Rebecca Beattie
((((((Army))))))
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2018 at 7:07 PM
ArmyMomOkc
((HUGS))
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2018 at 10:56 PM
Russel Denton
ArmyMomOkc, re-ead my intial post which put your feathers in a flap, i did not put my whole post in CAPS just 2 words, im sorry if i offended you in any way shape or form, but sometimes the simpliest things are the hardest things we miss ok.

so unraffle your feathers and enjoy the game ok matey,