Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Game being glitchy?
Lvl 440 "Puzzle Solving Guru"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2018 at 1:47 PM
Sarah Bye
Anyone else having game play trouble? I keep getting the "oops, looks like something went wrong internally" window. Sometimes the game wont load, sometimes I'll be able to play for a few minutes before the bushes disappear, other weird stuff like that.

I've already restarted my laptop, cleared my cache and tried a different browser...
Lvl 440 "Puzzle Solving Guru"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2018 at 1:51 PM
Sarah Bye
The Trinketsmith Quest part of the Dog Days Event didn't open up for me either yesterday.
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2018 at 3:49 PM
Barbara Tompkins
Sarah..

I didn't get the trinket quest either for my update this year......soooo I sent in a ticket to Nick...(yesterday nor today )..

TRY,,, cleaning your browser cookies/temp etc files and it should help with game play ....It works for me..
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2018 at 4:43 PM
Flybaby
I also did not get the quest for this year's trinket upgrade.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2018 at 5:58 PM
Raymond
someone said that there were only so many of those upgrade quests, people like us who have done this event 6 times already may not get another upgrade. i have not had the time to look in the JSON data to see if it says anything like that
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2018 at 6:38 PM
Flybaby
1st Upgrade (2015) : The upgraded trinket has the word "Shiny" pre-pended to its name.
2nd Upgrade (2016) : The word "Blingy" replaces the word "Shiny"
3rd Upgrade (2017) : The word "Lustrous" replaces the word "Blingy"
4th Upgrade (2018) : The word "Burnished" replaces "Lustrous"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2018 at 6:49 PM
Raymond
http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=23376
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2018 at 8:00 PM
Raymond
if it were working, 90 possible combinations.
a b c d
a= no prefix or blingy or burnishes or lustrous or shiny
b= glittering or polished
c= bronze or golden or silver
d= amber or emerald or sapphire
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2018 at 8:47 PM
Flybaby
Yes, there are many possible combinations, depending on how you choose to craft the trinket, initially.

Once it's crafted, the name of your Trinket will remain the same, and only the prefix will change with each upgrade.

Apparently, there is a problem with the 2018 upgrade quest, because some of us haven't seen it yet, but hopefully, Nick will get it fixed for us.
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2018 at 8:01 AM
Rebecca Beattie
I got mine with no issue that I know of... sorry that some of you are having issues with this
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2018 at 9:36 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi folks!

You should now be able to start the upgrade quest chain for the trinket from the Store clerk in the Event Area.

Very sorry for the inconvenience!

Sincerely,
Nick
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2018 at 9:38 AM
Last Edited August 27th 2018 at 9:39 AM
Flybaby
Thanks Nick!!!
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2018 at 12:20 PM
Raymond
i think since day 9, when that was supposed to start, was 2 days ago, those of inconvenienced by the BUG in the game should have our event extended by 2 days. not so much for me, but i am sure many low level players are screwed cause of this.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2018 at 12:26 PM
Raymond
and what was the cause? this kind of thing seems to happen every event recently. Is it exactly HALF of all players? All those who happen to be on server x instead of server y? This should be known and avoided.
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2018 at 2:24 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
Thanks Nick, appreciate your quick action to fix this for all players :D I don't believe a long term trinket upgrade being a bit late should result in extending the event for the players who got it late (of which I am one, I am off to do the quest today). An additional 2% odds to win mana is not a huge deal no matter what level of the game you are playing in. Bugs happen, especially in a game that's as complex as Bush Whacker 2. I am also certain that as a team, codename entertainment makes note of bugs and glitches and that can cause problems in future updates already, and works to minimize their impact.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2018 at 2:26 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Only players who had upgraded to a Lustrous trinket last year were delayed by this bug, meaning this had to have been their 5th year of playing the Dog Days event.

Again, we're very sorry for the inconvenience!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2018 at 3:33 PM
Flybaby
There are only 3 quick quests for the upgrade, and they are given one after the other. They really don't take that long to do. I finished mine in about 30 min. We still have another few days, so it should be doable for most players.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2018 at 4:03 PM
Raymond
ok so shoot me. i was concerned for low level people, like i said, not me...
i did not know that only us forever players were the ones that the bug occurred to.
after all, i do not have ESP, and Nick only said his spiel after i asked.
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2018 at 4:05 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
*bang*
Happy to oblige :D
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2018 at 9:42 PM
Rebecca Beattie
lol